Closed Thread
Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @gorgeousgeorge it's about time you got over here!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (15-07-2016),winsor  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @midnite01 - I had to google the elonva injection hun as I had never heard of it, sounds very interesting how it lasts for a few days. Hope those 3 follies continue to grow hun and are sll fantastic quality.
    @gorgeousgeorge - Yes the tenth of a millimetre hun thats why Warren was happy for me to go now if I wanted but thought I would give it an extra few days to see if it can get even thinner. Yes very reasurred Warren has it all under control but it is definitely very crappy!!
    @Tinachris - Definately getting dizzy over here haha by body just won't fo its thing!!! Yes hoping I made the right decision in waiting.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),Tinachris  (15-07-2016),winsor  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha so seems that there are lots of crazy cat ladiez on this thread (why does this not surprise me?!)Im gonna let loose then. You are all very organised and strict cat-mums, i think, in a good way. I dont know how you do it! I feed my cats when ever they see me or whinge. Just a mouse sized spoonful. So they each get fed 4 or 5 times a day. They walk all over me. So im like doing the feed on demand thing. Been doing it for 8 years though! There's 4 of them and i can never remember who's eaten and who hasn't. They also get scraps whenever im cooking and eating anything, steal food right off my plate and get milk when ever i make a cuppa or actually, whenever i open the fridge, no actually whenever im in the kitchen, even though i know they shouldnt drink milk. Im the equivalent of a mum who feeds their kids mcdonalds for every meal and I give in whenever they have a tantrum. I was reading a thread about mums with twins and one lady said she has a white board to tick off which baby has been fed. I seriously considered doing that for my cats! OMG! And my experience with my fur babies, is that they will come and jump on your head when you are sleeping all the time. Thats just what they do. I have to get up in the night to sort out fights, find out what was that crash? What just got broken? Who's crying and why? I have to leave the bedroom door open so they can come and jump on my head otherwise they cry at the door, stick their little paws under the gap trying to get in, and eventually begin batter ramming the door with their bodies. Most mornings i wake up thinking im having a heart attack because i cant breathe because my cat gorgeousgeorge (hence my tag) likes to sleep on my chest. They have to come and talk to me while im trying to go to the loo, sometimes they fall asleep on my lap while im on the loo and i will sit there for 20 mins after im done because i dont like to wake them when they look so content. I get up in the morning to find vomit, the hind legs of mice, feathers, decapitated magpies and batwings on my persian rug. The whole rest of the house is floor boards but i always find everything on the rug. Once, someone left a dead rat under my bed which i didnt notice until i came home from work on a 40 degree day and opened my bedroom door to the smell of rotting carcass. They walk muddy paws all over my pillow, they take scraps out of the bin and strew them all over the house. They have their own cat door but refuse to use it and make me get up to let them in, out, in, out, or stand in the doorway and consider in or out. They have ruined everything i own, i havent had a full nights sleep since i dont know when and havent used the toilet or shower in privacy for 8 years. I think its good practice for motherhood. I indulge them coz i figure they aint gonna be going out into society and become sociopathic serial killers due to my bad parenting. I am determined to do a better job with my human baby if i get one.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),winsor  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside why does your lining need to thin down? Does it mean if you have a thicker than normal lining in your cycle that it makes it hard for the embryo to implant?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @midnite01 I was on elonva to start off with and only had 3 follicles. I added menopur on day 6 (I think) and ended up with 6 eggs.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),midnite01  (15-07-2016),winsor  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge what kind of cats are they? We had a Siamese cat growing up and I swear he was almost human. You would talk to him and he would talk back.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by calypso75 View Post
    @Heyside why does your lining need to thin down? Does it mean if you have a thicker than normal lining in your cycle that it makes it hard for the embryo to implant?
    Wazza likes everyone's lining to be under 5mm hun before starting a fresh cycle he always gets everyone in for an early scan. He believes that the lining needs to be as thin as possible so as he puts it 'New grass is not growing on top of old', so most of the lining in my cycle will be new and fresh ready for implantation.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),calypso75  (15-07-2016),winsor  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Wazza likes everyone's lining to be under 5mm hun before starting a fresh cycle he always gets everyone in for an early scan. He believes that the lining needs to be as thin as possible so as he puts it 'New grass is not growing on top of old', so most of the lining in my cycle will be new and fresh ready for implantation.

that .1 of a millimitre will have pi$$ed off by Tues scan Luv. Aaah, what's few more days on the "crazy spray" if it means getting everything absolutely perfect for your Cycle???

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-07-2016),Heyside  (15-07-2016),winsor  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge love a crazy cat lady! I was reading your enticement strategies and thought to myself WOW, thats one problem we have NEVER had to face..our girl is asking for dinner at 11.34am today, we've got so used to her eating at those kinds of times that we now refer to it as "lunch". Granted she doesn't have dinner as well but its ridiculous. @winsor Im now wondering if the reason she is waking me up via very cute paws on the head or licks is because she's eating so damn early!!!
    sounds like it. what time does she eat breakky? Pixel was waking me at around 6am, so I'd give her the dry food & go back to bed. first couple of days she'd whinge a bit as she wanted me to stay up. I read you have to try ignore her so she learns not to do it. (by ignore, I sit/lie her down next to me with a few pats until I fall asleep again & she stops whinging or I stop hearing it) seems to have worked. as now (today & yesterday) there were no early wakeups. she had breakky between 9-10am. she doesn't eat much early in the morning anyway. just grazes during the day. so by 3pm there's only a few dry bits left.

then she has wet food at 5-6pm & is very particular - I tried a few types but she only likes one (the look of disdain I get when I try something else!), luckily her previous owner had left a note with the 2 brands she likes. I've tried one of these. will try the other soon so she has some variety. she eats about 1/4-1/3 of the wet food in the first sitting then has a little more later in the night. last week she was finishing it all by morning but lately she's left the last 1/3 - 1/4 or so. so not sure if I'm giving her too much. we're still working this out. I usually put a few more dry biscuits out just so the plate's not empty over night but she usually hasn't eaten them by morning.

when I was cat sitting my sister's cat, he was pretty strict. breakky anywhere from 4:30-6am, lunch was a couple of cut up mini prawns around midday as a treat (! I don't even have prawns for lunch) then wet food at dinner around 5-6pm. (different brand to Pixel - he was particular too)

Pixel sits on me when I get into bed but I roll her off whilst I read, then she settles next to me. last night it looked like she was reading the ipad also. funny. she's a bit sooky for a bit and does the kneading for about 5-10mins then off to sleep.

I bought her a cardboard scratching pad today so she can stop using the carpet, so she promptly sat on it and scratched the carpet surrounding it. so I showed her where to scratch and then she did it ok. will see if this works or it's just her raised little mat. bought her another one which has a ball that rolls on a track and a fluffy ball on a wire spring and she liked that. was trying to catch the spring and eat the fluffy ball and she pushed the roller ball around a bit. I hope she continues to play a bit more as I've been worried she's been a bit bored here. she does whinge a bit during the mornings like she's bored - she'll follow me everywhere then go sleep. in the evenings she's started wandering around the other part of the lounge and looking out the window etc. (after kneading/cuddle time at the start) so that's good.
    Last edited by winsor; 15-07-2016 at 19:11.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),tuxcat  (16-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    They have ruined everything i own, i havent had a full nights sleep since i dont know when and havent used the toilet or shower in privacy for 8 years.
    haha I think I wouldn't have got a cat if I'd known all this beforehand. that sounds like a lot of work!! they sound adorable though. adorable rascals

Pixel comes in to the bathroom if I leave the door ajar a bit but I leave her out for the shower as I don't think she likes getting wet/the steam.

yesterday she helped me put away the towels and looked after them whilst I had my shower (till she either pushed out the blue towel or it fell out & she wasn't hidden anymore so jumped down)

helper.jpg
    Last edited by winsor; 15-07-2016 at 19:16.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),calypso75  (15-07-2016),tuxcat  (16-07-2016)