Closed Thread
Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside - alternating does of FSH and menopur seems to be a formula Wazza likes as I have read lots of posts on his threads about that and he gets success with it. I think Gagingi might have done this protocol. I know how much lh you add can be different if you have PCOS. I would think alternating doses could be beneficial as it spreads out the lh and could be a good balance as Lh is one of those things where too much is bad and too little is bad too. I never did the alternating doses and only did pure menopur as stimm because it's thought to be better for older ladies, however I didn't get any PGD normal embryos on those cycles so it didn't work for me. That's why on my last cycle I asked to do Gonal f plus luveris. It doesn't hurt to ask FS the question though!
    @Bradders - sorry to hear about your bfn but good that you are looking ahead already to the DE option.
    Last edited by Green lady; 14-07-2016 at 18:59.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-07-2016),Blossom74  (15-07-2016),winsor  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradders View Post
    Sorry ladies. I really didn't mean to keep you in suspense. I've had lots of issues going on today at work and never got the chance to post. Unfortunately it was a BFN. I am ok....I had my meltdown in May for the last FET as I had high hopes then, so I think I came to terms with DE after that. I expected the BFN although you always do hope. I have already emailed Dr K in Athens and was very impressed with his fast response and I'm having a call on Saturday.
    I have been doing all my research since May so was ready for plan b.
    Like all of us my end goal is to have a baby in my arms and be a mum. So if this is the way to do it then so be it
    BUT I'm already worrying about this failing as I know it's not a magic solution for everyone.

Aaaah...fruck it Luv!!! Am sorry to hear it even if you were prepared for it

Am glad you had your Plan B all ready to go and I hope your call goes well on Sat

Yes...it may not be the magic bullet Luv, but at least it puts the odds back in your favour!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-07-2016),Rhino  (15-07-2016),winsor  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    @Billie2 - Fantastic result hun thsts great news as you say first step done with onwards and upwards for good growth and transfer.
    @Green lady - I have just had alarm bells going off in my head, the last two cycles I have added the luveris in when I needed it but this time Warren has suggested alternating doses of puregon and menapur. I know everyone is different and I am willing to try something different but maybe I should ask questions. I hate not knowing how things will go, I need a magic ball!!!

My last Cycle I did alternate doses of Puregon and Menopur Luv

Wazza was going to add Luveris but he said I didn't need it as my LH levels were good. Too high an LH level is not good for your eggs. This shameless copy and paste from Dr Sher's website explains:

, too much LH results in overproduction of testosterone, which is damaging. It reduces follicle growth, as often evidenced by a decline in estrogen production. When too much testosterone gets into the follicular fluid it interferes with egg development, compromises egg maturation and ultimately affects embryo “competence”. When such damaged eggs fertilize (if indeed they are able), the embryos that they propagate are highly unlikely to be “competent.”

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 14-07-2016 at 19:07.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-07-2016),Green lady  (14-07-2016),winsor  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Bradders - So sorry to read about your bfn hun, even being prepared for it its still hard to take. Sounds like a good plan of action to prepare for next step with new hope x
    @Green lady - Yes definitely hard to get the balance right with the lh especially with the pcos, i seem to react differently each cycle. I am definately willing to give it a go to change things up and Warren's nurse did say yesterday it's a protocol they use a lot. Thanks for the reasurrance I suppose the only way I will know is by cycling.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-07-2016),Blossom74  (15-07-2016),winsor  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    @Bradders - So sorry to read about your bfn hun, even being prepared for it its still hard to take. Sounds like a good plan of action to prepare for next step with new hope x
    @Green lady - Yes definitely hard to get the balance right with the lh especially with the pcos, i seem to react differently each cycle. I am definately willing to give it a go to change things up and Warren's nurse did say yesterday it's a protocol they use a lot. Thanks for the reasurrance I suppose the only way I will know is by cycling.
    @Heyside - on my last cycle I asked to change things up after having done two cycles a row of the same protocol with no result. The change gave me my one normal embryo. Hopefully the change up will do the trick for you too.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-07-2016),Blossom74  (15-07-2016),Heyside  (14-07-2016),winsor  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry @Bradders I know a back up plan helps us get back up off the floor faster. Spot on, its as simple as just wanting to be a mum and hold our own baby. Take care of yourself..x

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-07-2016),Blossom74  (15-07-2016),Rhino  (15-07-2016),winsor  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs @Bradders take care of yourself xx
    Hugs @Billie2 for the egg haul xx
    AFM having crazy pimples and bizarre dreams, I hate crinone.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-07-2016),Blossom74  (15-07-2016),Rhino  (15-07-2016),winsor  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bradders hi, i was just reading your post. Im pretty much just a stalker on this thread coz im not 40 yet but my ovaries think they are like 45 years old unfortunately. I am sorry about your bfn. I know how that feels. I also made my greece DE plan before doing my last own egg cycle, which i found helpful too. Come join us on the greece donor thread too if you want :-)

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradders View Post
    Sorry ladies. I really didn't mean to keep you in suspense. I've had lots of issues going on today at work and never got the chance to post. Unfortunately it was a BFN. I am ok....I had my meltdown in May for the last FET as I had high hopes then, so I think I came to terms with DE after that. I expected the BFN although you always do hope. I have already emailed Dr K in Athens and was very impressed with his fast response and I'm having a call on Saturday.
    I have been doing all my research since May so was ready for plan b.
    Like all of us my end goal is to have a baby in my arms and be a mum. So if this is the way to do it then so be it
    BUT I'm already worrying about this failing as I know it's not a magic solution for everyone.
    Sorry to hear that it didn't work out, reading your post reminded me of me and my last shot so I totally get where you're coming from. I'm keeping my head firmly buried in the sand with regards to de and it working, I suggest you do too!! I'm not letting myself go there unless I need to as this has all been so hard I just want to believe it's going to work and it's not going to be too hard!!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sorry to hear @Bradders. it's still tough to have happen. good luck with DE as your next step

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-07-2016),Blossom74  (15-07-2016)