Closed Thread
Page 25 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside if its only $80 I would do it, like you say in the scheme of things its not very much and you never know

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-07-2016),Blossom74  (13-07-2016),Heyside  (13-07-2016),Rhino  (14-07-2016),winsor  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside - jeez lining is such an issue - too thick, too thin! All my embryos PGD tested, except for one, were chromosomally scrambled and so you could say my eggs had major age related chromosomal issues. For the first 3 cycles I used PICSI or HAICSI as it's also called. DH has no MFI issues. For the last cycle my FS said large scale studies had shown that PICSI/HAICSI made no discernible difference to fert rates ( I can't remember if his comment was in the context of there being no MFI issues). Given he is the director of Monash in Brisbane I trust his view. So I didn't use it for this last cycle . However this last cycle was one of my poorer fert rates - 6 out of 10, but of course who knows whether that was due to my old eggs or poor sperm, there's just no way of knowing. My very first cycle using PICSI was also a poor fert rate of 40%. I would say that unless there is any disadvantage to PICSI I would probably do it as it takes away the human factor of the sperm selection resting wholly with the embryologist. I think it was $750 extra for me to do it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-07-2016),Blossom74  (13-07-2016),Rhino  (14-07-2016),winsor  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow $750 is a big difference to $80, I looked it up in qfg pricing book and it said $200 for picsi but I think that includes the icsi price we will be paying anyway. Thanks for the info @Green lady it definitely gives me something to think about. Believe it or not it was only last week when I was watching an IVF documentory that I realised with icsi the embryologist picks the sperm just from how it looks. I thought there was something more scientific to it than that, thats why we started thinking about picsi. Yes the lining is definitely annoying its never the right thickness at the right time haha!
    Thanks @Molros I think thats the way we are thinking may as well try it for $80.
    Last edited by Heyside; 13-07-2016 at 10:32.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-07-2016),Blossom74  (13-07-2016),Rhino  (14-07-2016),winsor  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Molros Yes, it can be genetic Luv (though not always)

How are you managing not to scratch your Vjay Jay red raw if you haven't started the Nilstat yet??? Isn't it itchy as??? That's what I remember most about bloody thrush when I had it (got if from really strong antibiotics). How frucking itchy it was down there!!!

Sh!t that is cold!!! I can imagine how excited you are about your Dad coming!! It's been a loooong time between visits plus meeting his Grandaughter for the first time too!!! Hope he's staying for a decent visit

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (13-07-2016),winsor  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Molros Yes, it can be genetic Luv (though not always)

How are you managing not to scratch your Vjay Jay red raw if you haven't started the Nilstat yet??? Isn't it itchy as??? That's what I remember most about bloody thrush when I had it (got if from really strong antibiotics). How frucking itchy it was down there!!!

Sh!t that is cold!!! I can imagine how excited you are about your Dad coming!! It's been a loooong time between visits plus meeting his Grandaughter for the first time too!!! Hope he's staying for a decent visit
    That's the thing. I'm not symptomatic...AT ALL!! No itchiness, no redness, no soreness, no discharge. Nothing! That's why I'm so surprised! When the clinic initially said I had it bad I was just as surprised then! And I know I'm putting off the inevitable I'm just not looking forward to it....

and yes, dad is here for 30 nights yippeeeeeee

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @greenlady just ignore me if you think I'm annoying by asking,but I was wondering if you had nk cells testing? @Heyside what's another $80 huh in the grand scheme of the thousands I think you should try it can't believe your lining is thick now - hopefully it gets a bit thinner by next scan.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-07-2016),Blossom74  (13-07-2016),Heyside  (13-07-2016),winsor  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    I had my scan this morning which was early at Cd3 but it was to check all had calmed down after my last cycle and all seems good. My lining is still too thick to get started though at 6.5mm so repeat scan on Friday.

On another note we were told we have major chromosomal issues with our embryos at our appointment last week which we suspected. It is probably more than likely an egg issue as DH has no known issues. We are doing icsi for pgd but I asked Warren this morning about maybe adding picsi into the mix to makesure we are using good sperm. He said he wouldn't advise it as DH has no issues but he will do it if we want, its only another $80 which is nothing in terms of everything else. Would you guys just do it and select the best sperm??

How bloody annoying about your lining Luv!!!

I remember reading/researching about PICSI and IMSI (and the studies that @Green lady wrote about in her post) back in my day (not that we could use it as you can't use it with TESA'd sperm). For an extra $80 you might as well give it a go if you want to Luv

Yes, with ICSI the Embryologist uses a high powered microscope to pick the best looking sperm that is moving well to inject into the egg.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (13-07-2016),winsor  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post

AFM I've had a bad week, got gastro on sunday and puked my guts up until monday arvo. Then felt too weak and cramping and nauseous to go to the doctor yesterday so my partner came home to help which was lucky as I badly strained my stomach getting off the couch, he had to pick me up off the floor. SO then we changed the trip to the GP to a trip to the ER as I was in such pain (I'm 33 weeks) anyhoo everything with bubs was fine and they let me go but now I can barely move for the pain and fear of straining something! I'm sleeping propped up on the couch and the dogs know something is wrong and keep pacing around and trying to jump on me. Well, probably drawn by the warm dooner than by any concern I'm no longer nauseous at least so I am following along again.
    oh no! this doesn't sound good. take care of yourself. I'm glad you went to the ER to get checked out. rest up

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-07-2016),Blossom74  (13-07-2016),Bongley  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    @greenlady just ignore me if you think I'm annoying by asking,but I was wondering if you had nk cells testing? @Heyside what's another $80 huh in the grand scheme of the thousands I think you should try it can't believe your lining is thick now - hopefully it gets a bit thinner by next scan.
    @Tinachris - no I've never had nk cells testing. I guess I had no indicators to do it - I've had prior pregnancies and as I've only had one embryo transfer I don't have any number of failed transfers that would make me investigate.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-07-2016),Blossom74  (13-07-2016),Tinachris  (13-07-2016),winsor  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    That's the thing. I'm not symptomatic...AT ALL!! No itchiness, no redness, no soreness, no discharge. Nothing! That's why I'm so surprised! When the clinic initially said I had it bad I was just as surprised then! And I know I'm putting off the inevitable I'm just not looking forward to it....

and yes, dad is here for 30 nights yippeeeeeee
    @Molros - same with me. I have only ever got it in pregnancy and couldn't believe I had it either as I had no symptoms and pregnancy is discharge city anyway.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-07-2016),Blossom74  (13-07-2016),winsor  (13-07-2016)