Closed Thread
Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone @Maxwellsmum, I was at my FS's the other day for my WTF appointment after our 2nd failed DE cycle and he said "I just can't explain why it didn't work", my response was because the universe is frucked that's why! And he said yes the universe is frucked that's the only explanation!

So up yours to the universe I say!!!!'. It's not hard to feel jaded, I had a friend who at 38 (same age as me on my first cycle) did her first cycle, ended up with 1 to transfer ( same as me) I got a BFN and she got her BFP and now has her little boy, I still can't speak to her. I feel like she had my baby!!! ( she didn't have fertility problems, but is in a same sex relationship) .
    She kept telling me beforehand how she really wouldn't be upset if it didn't work because her partner is younger so they work just use her eggs. And then bam! Preggers first go!
    She called me to tell me, and went on about how hard it all was- um not if it works first go!
    See I'm bitter and angry too, we're allowed to be!!!'
    X

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MissDa For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (10-07-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-07-2016),Blossom74  (12-07-2016),Caesardust  (11-07-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-07-2016),tuxcat  (10-07-2016),winsor  (10-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MissDa yeah absolutely we are allowed to be!!! Its the relentlessness of it not working, time and time and time again thats the killer. Its like every time Ive been pregnant Ive thought that this time it will be ok, so many people have one miscarriage and then go on to have kids with no issues, that was a couple of my friends so I thought that would be me..nope. 2nd time it was a zillion times worse as it was ectopic..then third time, my dad dies just after i got my bfp and so I think the timing has to mean it will be ok..nope. Before all of this I used to think stuff happened for a reason, now whenever I hear someone say that, I think yeah well, you've obviously not have had anything horrendous happen to you. Bad frucking stuff happens to really great people ALL the time and there is no bloody explanation for it. Fruck you bad stuff!!!!!
    @Tinachris Ill be cheering on your embies tomorrow for transfer! Good Luck!!! Are you going for the wazza drug/brandy induced special? I might have to ask my new FS what she thinks of the concept!! Sounds pretty good to me
    @Lucky8 thats cute about your dh, enjoy the lovely Greek islands and GOOD LUCK for wednesday!!

@Maxwellsmum we're all here cheering on your lining for the next available transfer time. Given that wazza has spoken about a lower measurement being acceptable I reckon it will mean you'll be downing that valium and brandy concoction in no time. Big hugs and hoping you are feeling a bit more hopeful today..don't give up!!! xx

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-07-2016),Blossom74  (12-07-2016),MissDa  (10-07-2016),Tinachris  (10-07-2016),winsor  (10-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much ladies, I absolutely love this thread and I'm sorry if I made anyone feel sad too. I have my ups and downs like you all do (I am sure) and I love your positiveness it did really help me. @MissDa you made me laugh. That post sounded like me. That has happened to me so many times. Everyone I make friends with gets pregnant and I get green eyes and the friendship disappears down the toilet. But I don't understand why they feel the need to tell us how hard they have it. One of my ex friends didn't even do IVF and she made a big deal over telling me how much her and her DH deserved it (like we don't??). I haven't spoken to her since. @Billie2 I don't think I said it but I really wish you luck with this cycle. I know it has to take oodles of strength for you to come back and go again. Good luck with tomorrows scan. @Corbes congratulations on your baby, she's lovely with a beautiful name.I hope no one feels bad posting baby pictures ect or talking about them I was actually just literally thinking about @Chiefsgirl and wondering how she was going. I might have missed her posts. @Tinachris I hope your eggie/s keeps going strong and your other one might be okay too, fragmented is not always a bad thing. When will transfer be?

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (10-07-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-07-2016),Blossom74  (12-07-2016),Chiefsgirl  (10-07-2016),Corbes  (10-07-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-07-2016),MissDa  (10-07-2016),Tinachris  (10-07-2016),tuxcat  (10-07-2016),winsor  (10-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Maxwellsmum 10:20 tomorrow xx

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-07-2016),Blossom74  (12-07-2016),tuxcat  (10-07-2016),winsor  (10-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @tuxcat We did get it done but yeah, I think it was overkill! Think we were feeling a bit flushed with cash at the time as we'd just remortgaged our unit and had a chunky deposit sitting in our account. (feel skint as all hell now) I wouldn't do it the second time around but having said that its good for extra peace of mind.
    Thanks for that, I ran it by our donor and she said she wouldn't bother as there was nothing within her family and same with DH. I guess I thought that if GENEA don't actually offer it anymore that people just weren't taking it up which probably means it's not necessary. I'm definitely not feeling very cashed up right now otherwise we might have just said do it anyway!!

how you doing? Your bump must be big by now!! Have you got like 8ish weeks to go? Far out that's gone fast

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-07-2016),Blossom74  (12-07-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-07-2016),winsor  (10-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 sending you loads of luck for your next scan, you must be feeling a lot of heightened emotions with the past and the last cycle thing. Just remember that whatever happens you can't do anything more than you are doing so be gentle on yourself. I'm crossing everything that this is your lucky last cycle

@BlondeinBrisvegas I hope you're having a great time with your sisters and are enjoying a few glasses of the good stuff!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (10-07-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-07-2016),Blossom74  (12-07-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-07-2016),winsor  (10-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Maxwellsmum thanks for thinking of me. Sorry I have missed a few days (weeks) since Miss A's surgery. We have had some really bad days sleep wise and she is now suffering from colic so I've had my hands ful!

I need to read on some of the posts to catch up!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-07-2016),Blossom74  (12-07-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-07-2016),winsor  (10-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Corbes, baby Grace is so adorable ☺ @Miss Da, soz but I cant stop pmsl that you told your fs "the universe is frucked", so fruckin true luv @Maxwellsmum you've been through a lot & I can also relate to what you're saying about friends who feel the need to tell us how hard they've had it. When I started IVF over 3 yrs ago, I only told my mum & one of my friends who I also work with. When I told her that I was doing IVF she made a comment that I will fall pregnant before her because I'm doing IVF (mind you I'd been ttc for over 10yrs & she knew this) she had only just started ttc for a few months prior to me starting my IVF, she then fell pregnant not long after! Things have never been the same between us, when she went on maternity leave I hardly heard from her as she became involved in mothers clubs groups etc. which I didn't have a problem with, but not once did she ask me how I was going. When I tried to make contact with her she was to busy, so I stopped calling her.
    She returned back to work a few weeks ago after a 2 yr break & acted as if nothing had changed & we were bff's again (all of her mother group friends went back to work so she doesn't see them anymore).
    She commented that her dd is a little b_ _ ch & she couldn't wait to get back to work😲
    I felt like telling her she was an ungrateful b_ _ch then we we're eating lunch a few days ago she told me she was pregnant again, I had to put on a fake smile but I felt like crying, so Universe you can go and get frucked arsehole😠
    Last edited by skye76; 10-07-2016 at 20:21.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to skye76 For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (10-07-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-07-2016),Blossom74  (12-07-2016),Caesardust  (11-07-2016),Charlie74  (10-07-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-07-2016),Lucky8  (11-07-2016),MissDa  (11-07-2016),Tinachris  (10-07-2016),tuxcat  (10-07-2016),winsor  (10-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Billie2 - Yes you are right hun af never comes on time when you want it to. Sorry to hear the stress of the cycle has set in for you and you are worrying about things. Good luck for tomorrows scan hoping its reasurring for you. Congratulations on the fantastic news of becoming an aunty very exciting, its good thst you can feel so happy for them x
    @Tinachris - I can understand you not feeling too excited after being here before I am starting to feel thst way too now 😳. Really hoping that little embie is lovely and strong for your transfer tomorrow though hun, this could be the one, fingers crossed x
    @MissDa - whole heartedly agree hun the universe is frucked!! That must have been so hard to go through your first cycle with a close friend and her be successful, hard to break yourself away from that x
    @Maxwellsmum - Big hugs hun its hard when no one around you understands too and they all try and say how hard it is they have no idea.
    @skye76 - Oh no hun that must have been so hard to cope with from the your work friend how can people be so blind to how these things might affect us.

My af arrived this afternoon so can officially call tomorrow CD1, will ring tomorrow to book first scan and intralipids in, happy to get started again 😊.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (10-07-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-07-2016),Blossom74  (12-07-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-07-2016),MissDa  (11-07-2016),skye76  (11-07-2016),winsor  (10-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Corbes Congratulations (again) Luv!! She's a little beauty allright!!!

@Tinachris and prayers being sent for tomorrow transfer!!!

@Billie2 for lots of lovely follies on the go at tomorrow's scan Luv!!!

@MissDa @skye76 @Maxwellsmum and all of the other Lovelies....I also find it infuriating that it's always the ungrateful Moles out there that are the one's that never seem to have problems falling pregnant.

If it's not them, it's the the women who do one Cycle of IVF and get their BFP's on the first transfer that think they've done it hard because they did it once!!! They've got NFI what hard is!!! Same as the women who conceive naturally after a few months and think that was hard going and "took ages" etc...Oh fruck off already!!!

To a certain extent,I had an easy run of it myself only having to do 5 Cycles. In the big scheme of things that's fruck all!!! Yes, I don't blame any of you for kicking their whinging
    a r s e s to the curb!! As for the workmate @skye76, I'd be buying her a packet of condoms as her parting gift when she goes on Maternity Leave AGAIN and telling her to use them!!!!

AFM: Unfortunately I couldn't have a few of the as I was driving but oh how I wished I could've by the time I got there!!!

Of course, my sister had to pick a park that was miles away from where any of us lives for a start and secondly, because it's one of the biggest parks here in Brisbane plus being one of the busiest days, there were no frucking carparks so I had to drive around and around for a good 20 mins until I found one in the back streets bloody ages away from where everyone was set up!!!!

Then I had to trudge along like a pack mule holding a fractious DD in one arm that didn't want to walk plus hoisting 2 bags + a backpack in the other FFS's!!! I was pretty pi$$ed off by the time I got there to be honest!!

Anyhoo...I did end up having a lovely afternoon (when I eventually calmed down ) and it was lovely to catch up with everyone especially one of my BFF's that I've known since we were 15 I made a carrot cake with cream cheese icing + walnuts for the occasion that went down a treat too!!

I am pretty buggered now as it's been a full on weekend plus I woke up really early this morning to cook the cake before DD woke up so I'm going to have an early night...
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 11-07-2016 at 05:59.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (10-07-2016),Blossom74  (12-07-2016),Corbes  (10-07-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-07-2016),skye76  (11-07-2016),winsor  (10-07-2016)