+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default does anyone have more than usual experience with sleep issues that i can pm pls?

DOES ANYONE HAVE more than usual experience with sleep issues that i can pm pls as we have tried alot to help him learn to self settle or sleep better including haveing a nurse from one of the top sleep hospital come around and weare still having issues
    every time we are improving a bit then either the child he or we go away for a holiday and this sets him back with sleeping

14 month old wakes after half an hour day sleep and is hard to resettle for even half an hour more
    and wakes at any noise
    and recently even started sitting awake for a couple of hours at night in his cot we are eager to break these habits

we have tried block out curtains so room is dark
    there is no dummy or bottle or toys involved
    the room is a good temperature
    he eats well at meals
    we do a wind down time for a while
    we have a routine
    and try to catch his early sleep signs before he has a second wind or gts overtired
    perhaps we need to persevere with soft music or white noise but when we tried it it seemed to keep him awake
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have had very average sleepers.

It could be that 30 mins naps is all he needs right not? My son was like this around this age but they did lengthen slightly as he got older. My oldest rarely napped at this age believe it or not.

Also the sitting up in bed- he might not be tired?

I know it's not very popular but I do believe that some kids don't need as much sleep as others.

Is he tired/ playing up? Or is he quite happy with this much sleep? What are his tired signs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have problem sleepers but it probably won't be of any help to your situation. My 3yo daughter (2.5 at the time) we sleeping so little she ended up passing out while I was at a school meeting. Took her to the doctor and she is now on medication sporadically for it. She passed out just from sheer exhaustion. She was only sleeping in 2x 1-1.5hr blocks a night starting from about 2 or 3am. She has melatonin deficiencies.
    My 4yo son has autism and has sleeping issues associated with that. So again, probably not relevant to you.
    My 2yo just runs on less sleep than a normal child. It's not unusual for him to still be awake at 11 or 12 at night. He sleeps til 7:30 in the morning and only some days has a day sleep. But he never seems particularly tired or grumpy. I think he gets adequate "for him".
    My 6yo sleeps from about 9pm til 7:30 and he seems to be running fine also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    happy for you to pm me. two crap sleepers, a failed trip to sleep school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have much experience but my DD only napped 30mins until about the age of 2 then slightly longer. Just wanted to let you know that was her 'normal', try as we might to stretch it, it never worked. But she was happy.