+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default BFN on HPT 2 days before blood test

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting but I've been a reader for a while.
    We are on our 2nd IVF cycle, first time we got 6 eggs but none fertilised.
    This time we got 1 fresh and 2 to freeze.
    I had my 5 day transfer on Monday 27 June.
    I did a HPT (Clear Blue) this morning (6 July) and got a BFN.
    My blood test is on Friday (8 July)
    I'm feeling pretty down and like it hasn't worked.
    I just wanted to know if anyone else has had a BFN 2 days before their blood test and a BFP with the blood test?
    Is there still some hope?
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry to be brutal but it would be very doubtful. I don't give false hope. There should be a good line there by now. With natural conception dates can vary, but with IVF you know when that embryo fertilised.

Wishing you all the best with your frozen ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I feared too, I just wanted to see if anyone had an exception to this.
    I called the clinic and they said it was still to early to test, but perhaps they are just being cautious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I'm sorry to say I agree with @Wise Enough Luv.

You're 14dpo or 9dpt5dt so you definitely should see something on a HPT by now.

As Wise said, being IVF you can be certain of your dates, so there's no real room for error.

It's not too early for testing either (unless you've done Pregnyl booster shots for Leutal Phase support which contain HCG in them. Depending on when you did the last one, it's possible that they might give you a false positive). If you haven't done those then most Girls start testing from 12dpo (7dpt5dt). The really hardcore POAS addicts start from 10dpo (5dpt5dt) but almost all of them are going to get a BFN then.

Anyhoo...I'm so sorry Luv, but it's not looking good for your BT unfortunately.

that one of your frosties will get you over the line to a BFP