+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are young children spending money on these days?

Hi everyone. I have a 8 year old daughter and 5 year old son and was wondering what current young children (8 to 18 years old) were spending their money on these days? What retailers? Is it mostly on food, clothing, entertainment or electronics?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My niece, 12 in September will always buy clothes, lip balm or shoes! She loves pavement, Bardot and H and M plus she loves candles, bath bombs or anything from Lush ( she's having a Lush party for her 12th birthday!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If my girls could save their money it would probably go on video games, shopkins, smiggles, stationery and other sh!t but one spends it on chocolate or lollies then complains. The younger one is better at saving but can never decide...I really must start their bank accounts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 12yo DD spends most of her $ on clothing...usually cheap brands like Ally etc. My DS, 10, saves for big ticket items like new skateboard, scooter etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default What are young children spending money on these days?

If mine (4yrs, 5yrs, 7yrs and 9yrs) ever get any money, they make a bee line for Smiggle! It like kiddy cocaine that store, so over-priced but they just love it.

Shopkins and anything Shopkin related.

Lovisa (They love this store)

Typo, another firm favourite.

I nearly forgot Lush. We cannot walk past Lush without them all going in and asking for various soap bombs etc. That store sends me broke with my lot!

Cotton On. They love all the 'add-on' accessories/toys/water bottles etc
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 05-07-2016 at 23:59.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS 9
    Lego, skins for minecraft, last time was a pair of headphones with a mic for the PS3 to talk to his schools on when they link up in the same game. All this saved from pocket money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Mine usually saves his money and spends up on big sets of lego. Currently he has a couple of hundred dollars from his birthday and a few other times he recieved money. Think he is saving it for our overseas trip next year. If we go somewhere and I think he might want something and I don't have the money to spend, I will ask him to bring some money with him so he can buy whatever he likes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS aged 6 spends his money on:
    - Lego usually Ninjago
    - Pokemon cards
    - school canteen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not sure if anyone has read the OP's post history, but the question is most likely for research purposes. A little transparency wouldn't have gone astray...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

amyd  (06-07-2016),Jensha  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it really depends on the child. My 9 year old spends money on sports gear and clothing, my 6 year old mostly toys and my 13 year old mainly on online games/xbox plus Nerf guns