Bit confused. | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bit confused.

Hi.

I had surgery yesterday (only keyhole) to take my left ovarie and both fallopian tubes as we have finished having children and the surgeon said it will lessen my chances of getting ovarian cancer so said yes straight away I didn't really get to talk to my gynecologist just the surgeon.
    But tried Googling it but so many mixed responses.
    I had my monthlys when having the surgery but afterwards they pretty much stopped straight away when I had my first meeting with the gynecologist surgeon and they suggested clamping the other tube they said many things could happen from early menopause (I'm only 29) to irregular periods or anything but when in the anesthetic bay they asked of I wanted both tubes removed and I said yes.

I have my check up in 6 weeks so will ask more then but got so many questions now haha.

So anyone know about this sort of stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope you're recovering ok. Keyhole surgery is a lot easier on the body. I didn't have any ovaries removed but after DD4 I had a tubal ligation (they only removed part of the tube) which made AF go out of control. It effects everyone differently but for myself I went from small light cycles to heavy cycles lasting 7-10 days and spotting for the remainder of the month. I would wait out the next cycle to see how things go but it could take a few months before your body adjusts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've just reread, did they actually remove the whole tube or just part? A tubal ligation is removing part of the tube which is what I had done, have since had them rejoined though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They removed both of the tubes whole and 1 ovarie (that had a large cyst on it) I know they said it can't be put back or undone so its permanent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will definitely wait for my next ones but they have been so irregular with the cyst hoping they come back within the 6 week period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump anyone else ??.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After a laparoscopy, your cycle can be all over the place for a few months. You might also find your period is more painful for a few months as well, until your body has healed.