+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think with kids you can't beat a beach holiday. Kids club for older kids is great but littles have so much fun with a bucket and spade on the beach or swimming in the pool. We've loved cairns/port Douglas and the Whitsundays with our 2.5 year old and will probably do something similar next year.

Personally I'm a going off the beaten track kind of person, I look forward to taking my kids to Africa one day when they're big enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT2561 View Post
    What was horrible? Give me the pitfalls so i can save myself the drama...lol.
    Camping. ..awesome! Free camping. ..even better!
    It was 2011 when we went so it could have changed since then, it was also p&o and I've heard plenty of terrible reviews since then but there just was bugger all for my daughter to do, and in turn nothing interesting I could do with her, she wouldn't sit quietly at a bingo game or anything, we would go to the kids club together and play in there but she was still in nappies so couldn't go in there on her own (which I had to take a suitcase of just nappies because it was 14 nights and no where to buy any baby supplies) the pools were massively deep and it was so rocky that the water wasn't safe for her to go in even if she was allowed to while in nappies which she wasn't, the food was fine but taking her to a restaurant every meal was a nightmare so I spent alot of money on room service. The tender boats were a nightmare, lining up for hours to get on these terrifying boats to shore and then lining up again for hours to get back onto the ship, one day we had to line up for 3 hours to get back onto the ship in the stinking heat. My daughter has ADHD so that was heaps of fun . I was also terrified she would slip under a rail and be off the boat in a heartbeat, the gaps were pretty big in the railing. Doing laundry was also a disaster, the laundry was so hot and disgusting and you had to wait for ages to get a machine. My one positive is the cocktails were nice and well priced .
    It was a while ago and I can't remember everything that I didn't like but I'm sure there were more things but it's somewhat turned me off for good, it was like a holiday of all my least favourite things to do with kids, take them to restaurants, keep them quiet, try and get them to sleep while the room is like a washing machine, I had to hold the bed sheets to keep me in bed at night it was so pitchy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default What's the best holiday you have ever been on .... With kids ?

Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I know a lot of people here would disagree with your but what you describe is exactly how I feel about what it would be like for us. I'm not ruling it out though, but I have a feeling my experience would be similar to yours.

I like being outdoors with kids when we are on holidays
    I'm not really sure what is meant by "floating RSL" I assume it means it was full of bogans getting drunk? Anyway, my local RSL was full of old people the last time I went! That description just comes across as arrogant to me but I'm really just a Westie deep down, lol!

I didn't experience anything like that but my husband and I aren't big drinkers at all, even on holidays. I found it to be quite calm. But we went when the fares were the highest of all and maybe the bogans couldn't afford to go during such peak times
    Last edited by BigRedV; 07-07-2016 at 21:32.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Bexta  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I would have thought floating RSL meant everyone was old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I would have thought floating RSL meant everyone was old
    Oh? LOL

I think the people that go on a cruise depends entirely on the time you go.

Going outside of school holidays means more older people, going during school holidays means kids.

We went over New Year and lucky there was an adult's only section with a pool for the singles to escape to as the kids (mine included) were taking over the main pool and spa!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Oh? LOL

Going outside of school holidays means more older people, going during school holidays means kids.

We went over New Year and lucky there was an adult's only section with a pool for the singles to escape to as the kids (mine included) were taking over the main pool and spa!
    Yup!!

The cruise I went on was mainly old people who spent the whole time playing pokies, drinking and drinking.

My friend and I picked this particular cruise as it was a special singles cruise with singles activities. We were single and thought it would be great fun... We failed to read the part about it being a singles cruise for over 60s, we were 25 at the time 😂😂😂

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (08-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    It was 2011 when we went so it could have changed since then, it was also p&o and I've heard plenty of terrible reviews since then but there just was bugger all for my daughter to do, and in turn nothing interesting I could do with her, she wouldn't sit quietly at a bingo game or anything, we would go to the kids club together and play in there but she was still in nappies so couldn't go in there on her own (which I had to take a suitcase of just nappies because it was 14 nights and no where to buy any baby supplies) the pools were massively deep and it was so rocky that the water wasn't safe for her to go in even if she was allowed to while in nappies which she wasn't, the food was fine but taking her to a restaurant every meal was a nightmare so I spent alot of money on room service. The tender boats were a nightmare, lining up for hours to get on these terrifying boats to shore and then lining up again for hours to get back onto the ship, one day we had to line up for 3 hours to get back onto the ship in the stinking heat. My daughter has ADHD so that was heaps of fun . I was also terrified she would slip under a rail and be off the boat in a heartbeat, the gaps were pretty big in the railing. Doing laundry was also a disaster, the laundry was so hot and disgusting and you had to wait for ages to get a machine. My one positive is the cocktails were nice and well priced .
    It was a while ago and I can't remember everything that I didn't like but I'm sure there were more things but it's somewhat turned me off for good, it was like a holiday of all my least favourite things to do with kids, take them to restaurants, keep them quiet, try and get them to sleep while the room is like a washing machine, I had to hold the bed sheets to keep me in bed at night it was so pitchy.
    We went on cruises before DD came along and they were more enjoyable. As you said a child in a restaurant isn't relaxing, going to activities and stage shows etc is also possible without a child.

We generally pack enough clothes to last the trip, and only used the laundry on P&O once - never again

Traveling with DD, we generally send the washing away to get washed for us, which ends up really expensive.

We just love being out on the ocean. And we've been lucky that on all the cruises we've done, it's never been rough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    yup!!

The cruise i went on was mainly old people who spent the whole time playing pokies, drinking and drinking.

My friend and i picked this particular cruise as it was a special singles cruise with singles activities. We were single and thought it would be great fun... We failed to read the part about it being a singles cruise for over 60s, we were 25 at the time
    lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Oh? LOL

We went on a NZ cruise and a majority of people onboard were over 60.
    But going to the South Pacific we found there were a lot more younger people

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To me it did feel like being in a big leagues club, RSL on water kinda feel with that kind of decor, lots of bars , average food, all you can eat buffets, bingo, trivia nights, cover bands , comedians, poker machines and a kids club stuck at the end - well that's what I remember those big clubs being like so to me yes it felt like that! Nothing to do with old people, there were more young people on our cruise

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

yadot  (07-07-2016)