+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like chilled out camping trips, we are fully set up for free camping so we can avoid caravan parks and things like that. I went on a cruise with my daughter and it was horrible, has turned me off cruises for life haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    I like chilled out camping trips, we are fully set up for free camping so we can avoid caravan parks and things like that. I went on a cruise with my daughter and it was horrible, has turned me off cruises for life haha
    What was horrible? Give me the pitfalls so i can save myself the drama...lol.
    Camping. ..awesome! Free camping. ..even better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default What's the best holiday you have ever been on .... With kids ?

I went on our first cruise this year ( Royal Caribbean) with DS (5) and all the family and hated it! It felt like a floating RSL club! Yes the kids had fun but they could have had the same amount of fun in any resort , I found the food horrible, the rooms were small ( we had an outside suite with balcony) the kids club was fine but it seemed silly putting the kids inside when they could be outside doing things, they did go ice skating and to the movies but you can do that anywhere, if we were actually at a resort we could spend the time at the beach or doing other water activities or sightseeing, not being stuck on a boat with thousands of people, I wouldn't do a cruise again , it's just not for us

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (07-07-2016),NAT2561  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In Australia? Turtle beach resort on the Gold Coast and QT resort Port Douglas. Otherwise with young kids definitily Fiji - they love kids and look after them so well (and close to you) while you relax. I also went on a Carnival cruise and loved it as fantastic value for money, but with young kids I found Fiji better.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beancounter For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Either camping and staying in Big 4's, or the Gold Coast for family fun.
    I have no desire to go on a cruise, and when we take our kids on holidays it's about doing family activities. We go on holidays on our own, so we don't worry about kids clubs etc. when we go as a family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    Either camping and staying in Big 4's, or the Gold Coast for family fun.
    I have no desire to go on a cruise, and when we take our kids on holidays it's about doing family activities. We go on holidays on our own, so we don't worry about kids clubs etc. when we go as a family.
    We go on a cruise as a family and have never put our daughter in kids club. I believe she's in childcare all year, so if we're holidaying, we all spend time together

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Full House  (08-07-2016),NAT2561  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    We go on a cruise as a family and have never put our daughter in kids club. I believe she's in childcare all year, so if we're holidaying, we all spend time together
    same, DD only went to kids club when I went with her (eg to do some craft activities together)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You don't have to use the kids club. We used it when we went to the gym, when getting a massage. My birthday and anniversary was during our cruise so the kids club took the kids to dinner and we got to have a nice meal in the restaurant together and just chat without worrying about anything.

I wouldn't go on holidays without my kids.

My kids were asking to go to the kids club, even after we got home my youngest was asking to go

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Lil Smurfy  (07-07-2016),littleriv  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We dont holiday without our kids (except 4 nights in jan for 10 yr anniversary), we both work full time, but oh yes, we use ( and seek out) kids club activities. We find they love it, if they choose to go. Eg they love to try something without mum and dad, then we talk about it later. This week, our 2 older ones did kids tour of jenolan caves ( no adults allowed). Time apart from parents, even on hols, is okay in my book.
    Last edited by littleriv; 07-07-2016 at 20:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I went on our first cruise this year ( Royal Caribbean) with DS (5) and all the family and hated it! It felt like a floating RSL club! Yes the kids had fun but they could have had the same amount of fun in any resort , I found the food horrible, the rooms were small ( we had an outside suite with balcony) the kids club was fine but it seemed silly putting the kids inside when they could be outside doing things, they did go ice skating and to the movies but you can do that anywhere, if we were actually at a resort we could spend the time at the beach or doing other water activities or sightseeing, not being stuck on a boat with thousands of people, I wouldn't do a cruise again , it's just not for us
    I know a lot of people here would disagree with your but what you describe is exactly how I feel about what it would be like for us. I'm not ruling it out though, but I have a feeling my experience would be similar to yours.

I like being outdoors with kids when we are on holidays