+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,776
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked
    1,483
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Japan we were there for 3 weeks with our 23 month old

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,222
    Thanks
    894
    Thanked
    3,219
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not that I've been on many holidays to choose a 'best' one, but Fiji was an awesome family holiday.
    Also the great barrier reef/cairns we loved sooo much, but I wouldn't do that with really young kids/toddlers.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,776
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked
    1,483
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In Australia I found Brisbane too be really fun for kids

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,710
    Thanks
    1,392
    Thanked
    7,295
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We live 5 mins from the beach so that's just a regular summer day here

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked
    269
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    I'd never considered a cruise ship holiday before. The idea of being stuck on a ship, unable to get off if we hated it kinda freaked me out!

    But.. Inspired by this thread, I had a look on the carnival cruise website. I found a "pack and go", last minute cruise. Departs the 30th of August, 10 nights, and a guaranteed balcony cabin for myself and my 2 girls was only $2500.. That seems really really good value, and I'm sure that I could handle a balcony room.

    I didn't book it as we are going to Bali in a few weeks, but i think I'm going to keep an eye on that website.
    Are you a single mum pregasaurus? What age kids? That sounds like a great idea for a holiday for me as a single mum with two 3 year olds. Hadn't considered it before.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,976
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked
    804
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT2561 View Post
    Are you a single mum pregasaurus? What age kids? That sounds like a great idea for a holiday for me as a single mum with two 3 year olds. Hadn't considered it before.
    Yep, I'm single! My girls are 6 and 4.. The cost was approx $980 each for myself and 6 year old, 4 year old was $500.. All in one room. The kids club was included, all food included.. It's looking quite appealing tbh! It was about a 50% discount for booking on the pack and go last minute fares..

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    22,011
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    1,786
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    I'd never considered a cruise ship holiday before. The idea of being stuck on a ship, unable to get off if we hated it kinda freaked me out!

    But.. Inspired by this thread, I had a look on the carnival cruise website. I found a "pack and go", last minute cruise. Departs the 30th of August, 10 nights, and a guaranteed balcony cabin for myself and my 2 girls was only $2500.. That seems really really good value, and I'm sure that I could handle a balcony room.

    I didn't book it as we are going to Bali in a few weeks, but i think I'm going to keep an eye on that website.
    The cruise we did, we were sailing for 2 days, islands for 3 days and the another 2 days sailing back so you can get off. Currently I am looking at possibly doing the Singapore to Brisbane cruise next year as an option for our holiday. I know kiddo would love to see different places and doing that will allow us to go to many different places.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked
    269
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Yep, I'm single! My girls are 6 and 4.. The cost was approx $980 each for myself and 6 year old, 4 year old was $500.. All in one room. The kids club was included, all food included.. It's looking quite appealing tbh! It was about a 50% discount for booking on the pack and go last minute fares..
    I just had a look and mine was about the same. I hadn't thought of it before but it does seem like a great option! Was thinking of inviting a friend though in her own room so i have company too. Even though i think I'd be okay alone too. Hmmmm.....definitely food for thought!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,846
    Thanks
    2,912
    Thanked
    1,627
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Subbing. Cruise is on my wish list- for fanilies with 3 or more children, which cruise lines have cabins bigger than quads? We like Gold Coast, with 3 kids of different ages, it does cater for everyone.
    Royal Caribbean has family suites.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,846
    Thanks
    2,912
    Thanked
    1,627
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have taken our 3yo DD on 3 cruises now. We love them. So relaxing


 

Similar Threads

  1. Holiday to Europe or USA?
    By babymummatobe in forum Destination Suggestions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2016, 14:20
  2. Do you holiday in a camper-van with kids?
    By Aquillah in forum What to take or hire?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15-11-2015, 21:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampolineâ„¢ is now also the world's first Smart Trampolineâ„¢. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Medela Australia
Our goal is to give mothers and babies the best possible support for a great and long lasting breastfeeding experience. Medela have a full range of breastpumps and breastcare products, suited to every need and lifestyle.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!