+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Following ... What's the best cruise for little kids?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gumnut babies For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for all the replies. I met my husband on a cruise 16 years ago actually , we were both working on the ships back then. For me - I would love to go back as a passenger but my husband is not so keen . He is more your land lubber . But I might show him all these cruise votes and he might change his mind . 👍⚓️⚓️⚓️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cruise here too. But I would only if the youngest was at least 3 so that they could do the activities in the children's clubs.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lovejoypeace For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (06-07-2016),Wise Enough  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoypeace View Post
    Cruise here too. But I would only if the youngest was at least 3 so that they could do the activities in the children's clubs.
    Carnival spirit take children from 2 into the kids club.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following. I'd love some non-cruise suggestions if anyone has them. I get terrible sea sickness and also have a redic fear that one of the kids would fall overboard, so a cruise is absolutely not on the cards for us. Plus three years ago my parents went and the whole ship got sick with gastro (including them) eek that just put the nail in the coffin for me re: cruises!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Interesting to see so many cruise recommendations on here! I never would have considered it. For those who do family cruises, how old are you kids? I suspect mine are too young at the moment to make a cruise fun but this thread has definitely opened my eyes to the possibility in the future!

We do an overseas holiday every year to Europe for skiing & snowboarding. We are only really able to enjoy it because we hire a nanny or last year we had my father in law and his partner join us to look after the kids. I wouldn't say it's the best for families.. Maybe when kids are older it's more fun. Kids do love the snow but it's very cold and activities are limited.

To be honest, with my kids the ages that they are now, I can't really answer the "best holiday ever" question.. Last ski trip was definitely fun, especially because our 4yr old started skiing for the first time, and we had the grandpa taking the kids to the playground on sleds every day, but the kids have the most fun when we go out for a day to the beach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    Interesting to see so many cruise recommendations on here! I never would have considered it. For those who do family cruises, how old are you kids? I suspect mine are too young at the moment to make a cruise fun but this thread has definitely opened my eyes to the possibility in the future!

We do an overseas holiday every year to Europe for skiing & snowboarding. We are only really able to enjoy it because we hire a nanny or last year we had my father in law and his partner join us to look after the kids. I wouldn't say it's the best for families.. Maybe when kids are older it's more fun. Kids do love the snow but it's very cold and activities are limited.

To be honest, with my kids the ages that they are now, I can't really answer the "best holiday ever" question.. Last ski trip was definitely fun, especially because our 4yr old started skiing for the first time, and we had the grandpa taking the kids to the playground on sleds every day, but the kids have the most fun when we go out for a day to the beach.
    DD learnt to walk on a cruise ship! We took her at 13 months, 2 & 3. I found it super easy on a cruise at those ages. We always got a mini suite or suite to have a bit of extra room for all the stuff that comes with kids!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd never considered a cruise ship holiday before. The idea of being stuck on a ship, unable to get off if we hated it kinda freaked me out!

But.. Inspired by this thread, I had a look on the carnival cruise website. I found a "pack and go", last minute cruise. Departs the 30th of August, 10 nights, and a guaranteed balcony cabin for myself and my 2 girls was only $2500.. That seems really really good value, and I'm sure that I could handle a balcony room.

I didn't book it as we are going to Bali in a few weeks, but i think I'm going to keep an eye on that website.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do a mini break to the snow every year, but my kids are a big fan of the Gold Coast.

There is such an array of things to do within a close proximity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are from the Gold Coast and I think it would be fun here as a visitor with the theme parks. For us, I enjoy Melbourne and surrounds with DD. Zoo, Werribee zoo & mansion, Phillip Island, and my favourite sovereign hill.