+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Wwyd?

Ok, moral/guilty conscience question here, I'm bracing myself to be frowned upon by BH...

I completed a uni degree 1.5 years ago. In the last year there were some issues, so I applied to a new uni, to hopefully get credit and complete the degree. I was accepted and enrolled. It just so happened that at that time they were running a promotion of every new student gets a free iPad upon enrolment, T&C's that you are still enrolled at census time. I applied for credit, enrolled in all my classes in the meantime, only to be told that they would credit me a stupidly small amount of credit. So I withdrew from the course, and stuck it out with my then current uni. With all the stress, I forgot about returning the iPad. I never even used it, except that when I got it the tech team set it up for me with my account etc. It went back in it's box, back in it's blue plastic bag. And there it has stayed for almost 3 years.

I thought about it around census time, and expected a demanding email to return it. I never got one, never have.
    Every few months I see the blue plastic bag in the back of my cupboard and wonder if I should just use the bl00dy thing, that it's such a waste to have an iPad sitting there doing nothing. But I get the guilts. I also get paranoid that as soon as I turn it on, somehow the uni will find out and come after me lol. Every so often the kids ask me if we can start using it but I have said no.

Soooo what would you do with the iPad?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Yoghurt; 24-07-2016 at 18:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's been 3 years and they haven't asked you to return it - I'd fire that bad boy up and start using it!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (05-07-2016),Meld85  (05-07-2016),mrswhitehouse  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Given that the Uni was giving them away rather than lending them to people and expecting them to be returned I doubt they would really care. Yes you should have returned it ages ago but I don't think it's something that you beat yourself up about.

Maybe put in under the Kmart wishing tree at xmas or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would return it. You were given it on the condition you would remain enrolled.

I wouldn't have been able to keep it as long as you have - the guilt would have driven me crazy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because Anglicare purchased my DS's ipad when he needed to get one for school last year, I would be donating it to a service provider such as them or Smith Family or somewhere that can pass it on to a child in need for educational purposes

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (05-07-2016),Wise Enough  (05-07-2016),witherwings  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    Because Anglicare purchased my DS's ipad when he needed to get one for school last year, I would be donating it to a service provider such as them or Smith Family or somewhere that can pass it on to a child in need for educational purposes
    I would do this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I would do this.
    Same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooohh I was going to say keep it but @pointless1 has a great idea

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post: