+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked
    795
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hakuna matata View Post
    Our DS (6) does karate too. It seems to have curbed his 'enthusiasm' to some degree. Although he does like testing the moves out on his dad...
    My ds does this too!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

    hakuna matata  (05-07-2016)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    582
    Thanks
    117
    Thanked
    335
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Happymum2 I'm guessing one of the children in the photo is yours, but in not sure whether it's appropriate to post photos of other people's children on a public forum. Best to check with @Mod-Degrassi or another mod?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post:

    Happymum2  (05-07-2016)

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked
    795
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Rough boys

    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    @Happymum2 I'm guessing one of the children in the photo is yours, but in not sure whether it's appropriate to post photos of other people's children on a public forum. Best to check with @Mod-Degrassi or another mod?
    It's been deleted.
    Last edited by Happymum2; 05-07-2016 at 20:37.

  6. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked
    613
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My boy just turned 5 and is very physically active. I find he needs a good hour of very physical activity each day to stop him becoming "feral"... As an example yesterday he rode his scooter 7.5km around our local lake with his big sister (who jogged). He just needs that physical outlet to run off some energy...He plays, behaves and sleeps so much better if he's done that!

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,747
    Thanks
    3,825
    Thanked
    3,655
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    My boy just turned 5 and is very physically active. I find he needs a good hour of very physical activity each day to stop him becoming "feral"... As an example yesterday he rode his scooter 7.5km around our local lake with his big sister (who jogged). He just needs that physical outlet to run off some energy...He plays, behaves and sleeps so much better if he's done that!
    Yeah bring on summer when I can chuck him in the pool for a hour every day. It's a bit hard to get out with him on kindy days atm as I drop him off early and pick him up late and there is no daylight left to do anything (and I spend all morning before kindy trying to deal with my 4 month old non-sleeper!). Once summer hits we will have enough daylight to do something early morning and hopefully I can get him out for a ride before kindy.

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked
    613
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Yeah bring on summer when I can chuck him in the pool for a hour every day. It's a bit hard to get out with him on kindy days atm as I drop him off early and pick him up late and there is no daylight left to do anything (and I spend all morning before kindy trying to deal with my 4 month old non-sleeper!). Once summer hits we will have enough daylight to do something early morning and hopefully I can get him out for a ride before kindy.
    Absolutely...I have this problem as well. I loathe winter...

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,747
    Thanks
    3,825
    Thanked
    3,655
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So I suggest karate to DH and he is all for it, thinks it's a great idea. I mention it to MIL, she screws up her nose.....

  10. #18
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,670
    Thanks
    1,005
    Thanked
    2,414
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Who cares what MIL thinks. She's not a parent to your child.

  11. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,747
    Thanks
    3,825
    Thanked
    3,655
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    Who cares what MIL thinks. She's not a parent to your child.
    Yeah I know. Just thought her reaction was interesting. She is pretty old fashioned/conservative and probably doesn't have a clue what's involved.

    We are looking at a ju jitsu/MMA kids program in our area. Going to get a free trial class and see how it goes. I would also like him to trial karate but DH isn't as keen. I really don't know the difference between them all hence I would like to trial them both.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Boys names help!
    By sunnygirl79 in forum Choosing Baby Names
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 23-02-2016, 09:26
  2. Rough ground - walking with a pram
    By heartstringz in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-09-2015, 13:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Baby Sensory
Baby Sensory is the only baby programme that offers a complete approach to learning & development. Our classes offer an exciting world full of fun sensory experiences for parents and babies to enjoy.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!