+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hakuna matata View Post
    Our DS (6) does karate too. It seems to have curbed his 'enthusiasm' to some degree. Although he does like testing the moves out on his dad...
    My ds does this too!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

hakuna matata  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Happymum2 I'm guessing one of the children in the photo is yours, but in not sure whether it's appropriate to post photos of other people's children on a public forum. Best to check with @Mod-Degrassi or another mod?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rough boys

Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    @Happymum2 I'm guessing one of the children in the photo is yours, but in not sure whether it's appropriate to post photos of other people's children on a public forum. Best to check with @Mod-Degrassi or another mod?
    It's been deleted.
    Last edited by Happymum2; 05-07-2016 at 20:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boy just turned 5 and is very physically active. I find he needs a good hour of very physical activity each day to stop him becoming "feral"... As an example yesterday he rode his scooter 7.5km around our local lake with his big sister (who jogged). He just needs that physical outlet to run off some energy...He plays, behaves and sleeps so much better if he's done that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    My boy just turned 5 and is very physically active. I find he needs a good hour of very physical activity each day to stop him becoming "feral"... As an example yesterday he rode his scooter 7.5km around our local lake with his big sister (who jogged). He just needs that physical outlet to run off some energy...He plays, behaves and sleeps so much better if he's done that!
    Yeah bring on summer when I can chuck him in the pool for a hour every day. It's a bit hard to get out with him on kindy days atm as I drop him off early and pick him up late and there is no daylight left to do anything (and I spend all morning before kindy trying to deal with my 4 month old non-sleeper!). Once summer hits we will have enough daylight to do something early morning and hopefully I can get him out for a ride before kindy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Yeah bring on summer when I can chuck him in the pool for a hour every day. It's a bit hard to get out with him on kindy days atm as I drop him off early and pick him up late and there is no daylight left to do anything (and I spend all morning before kindy trying to deal with my 4 month old non-sleeper!). Once summer hits we will have enough daylight to do something early morning and hopefully I can get him out for a ride before kindy.
    Absolutely...I have this problem as well. I loathe winter...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So I suggest karate to DH and he is all for it, thinks it's a great idea. I mention it to MIL, she screws up her nose.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Who cares what MIL thinks. She's not a parent to your child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    Who cares what MIL thinks. She's not a parent to your child.
    Yeah I know. Just thought her reaction was interesting. She is pretty old fashioned/conservative and probably doesn't have a clue what's involved.

We are looking at a ju jitsu/MMA kids program in our area. Going to get a free trial class and see how it goes. I would also like him to trial karate but DH isn't as keen. I really don't know the difference between them all hence I would like to trial them both.