+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Childcare decision help needed! WWYD?

DD1 (almost 3 yrs old) attends a daycare centre for 3 days a week. She's been there over a year and I am generally very happy with the centre and staff. She seems happy too though drop off can be tough, and she doesn't always want to go as she dislikes being away from me. When she's there though she's happy.

I'm returning to work after 7 months maternity leave next week. DD2 is going to family day care as I feel she's too young for a centre. The same lady will also do before and after school care for my DS. I know her as a friend too as her son is in my son's class

I have started thinking about putting DD1 with the family day carer too. Mainly so she's with her baby sister. But am struggling to decide what is best.

Option A, she goes one day a week on the day I work until later so all 3 of my kids are together after school for a few hours and we have one pick up point when it's getting late and need to get them in to bed. Other two days at her centre.

Option B, I take her out of the centre altogether and she does three days fdc. Though she may need to return to the centre for her pre-prep year in 18 months time.

Option C, I leave her where she is.

Thoughts please? WWYD?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If it was me I would put both dd's in family day care with your son doing before/after school care there too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd put them all together. You obviously have a great relationship with the family day care provider and it would be nice for all 3 kids to be together and simpler for you in terms of drop off and pick ups on that day. I definitely wouldn't do option A as I think splitting her across 2 places would be difficult on dd1.
    Will she be able to easily get back in to the centre for pre-prep?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would put them all together at the FDC.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi :-)

I had the same issue a few months ago and I had a choice to put my two boys together or split across two centres. I chose to change my older son to the same daycare and it was a very good decision. The boys are very settled together and drop offs are easy.

Good luck with your decision

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsboyts For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies. I'm still agonising over it! Took bub for a little settling in session this morning, and was chatting to the educator about it. She's very keen to have DD1 too.... of course, it's money for her! Was telling me all the activities she would do, in response to my concern about losing the variety of activities at the daycare centre. She'll also takes them out to playgroup and parks etc if I like, which I do.
    I'm leaning towards moving her there, but I love her current educators and would be sad to say goodbye. :-( Don't know who she'd get next year though when she'd move to the senior side of the centre....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't move her when she needs to do preprep there. I would do option A or move DD2 to the centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The family day care educator said she would arrange to pick her up from C&K at 2:30 until I got home from work plus have her on alternate Wednesdays. So that would mean she wouldn't have to return to the centre and would get a good classroom based pre-prep experience before school.
    I think I am leaning towards moving her, but feel disloyal to the centre that has been so good to her!