+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Thanks I did see your post. I'm not willing to take anything at this stage. I was hoping for some natural ideas or face products.
    Have you looked into Doterra oils?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Have you looked into Doterra oils?
    Not for acne, do you put it on your face? Wouldn't it block the pores? we have some of their oils in a diffuser which our dog trainer suggested to keep our anxious puppy a bit calmer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wish I had some helpful advice...

If this makes you feel better I struggled with crap skin since I was a teenager but haven't had a pimple since getting pregnant and having DD. Pregnancy seemed to have cured it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spot treatment with benzac water based gel

Right now I'm using witch hazel as a toner then a good moisturiser at night

For me it's hormonal so I've gone back on metformin for my pcos symptoms

My skin goes brilliant in pregnancy after 12 weeks and so far has stayed pretty good at nearly 7 weeks post partum

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't see he photo, but I had quite bad acne when I came off the pill. What seemed to work for me ( hard to tell as I got pregnant and while the acne seemed to continue into pregnancy it may have just taken awhile for he hormones to settle?): very gentle cleanser, light therapy to kill bacteria, coconut oil. Coconut oil is non-comedogenic. Make sure your skin has dried completely after washing (if it's red and sore you can use a calming toner) then again ensure skin is dry, but don't wait until it feels "tight" then apply coconut oil. If it's a solid ( usually during winter) just rub it in between clean fingers to soften.
    I also was changing my pillow case every couple of days until the "infected" red look went down. And making sure you clean your mobile phone as well. I had worse breakouts on the side I preferred my phone.

Hope this helps!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Julzgulz For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babyno1onboard &@BlueLips sadly pregnancy made my acne worse and to add insult to injury I have no baby to show for it.

It took 3 years of IVF to conceive DS so pregnancy is unlikely to be a quick fix.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    @babyno1onboard &@BlueLips sadly pregnancy made my acne worse and to add insult to injury I have no baby to show for it.

It took 3 years of IVF to conceive DS so pregnancy is unlikely to be a quick fix.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope my post wasn't offensive. I hope you find something to clear it up soon xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Julzgulz View Post
    I didn't see he photo, but I had quite bad acne when I came off the pill. What seemed to work for me ( hard to tell as I got pregnant and while the acne seemed to continue into pregnancy it may have just taken awhile for he hormones to settle?): very gentle cleanser, light therapy to kill bacteria, coconut oil. Coconut oil is non-comedogenic. Make sure your skin has dried completely after washing (if it's red and sore you can use a calming toner) then again ensure skin is dry, but don't wait until it feels "tight" then apply coconut oil. If it's a solid ( usually during winter) just rub it in between clean fingers to soften.
    I also was changing my pillow case every couple of days until the "infected" red look went down. And making sure you clean your mobile phone as well. I had worse breakouts on the side I preferred my phone.

Hope this helps!
    Coconut oil is NOT non-comedogenic. It is highly comedogenic, so if you want to try it as an acne treatment be very careful and spot test for a number of days first. Many people break out horribly, some people find it helps their acne.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get bad acne then I switched to body shop and I get the odd pimple here and there but other then that my face has cleared right up. DD started getting bad breakouts once she hit puberty so I took her into the store and they did a patch test on her skin and set her up with the right products for her skin type and her face is now clear as well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    Coconut oil is NOT non-comedogenic. It is highly comedogenic, so if you want to try it as an acne treatment be very careful and spot test for a number of days first. Many people break out horribly, some people find it helps their acne.
    Oh ok sorry, I was told to use it because it was and honestly never searched into it. Well it seems to have worked for me! Good luck with finding what works for you OP.