+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know everyone will have their own opinions, but consider...
    If your son had difficulties with any other body part which MAY result in future surgery, would you consider removing that body part from your second child as a newborn? Of course, no doctor in their right mind would do that for most body parts, but would you be okay with making that choice for your child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    I know everyone will have their own opinions, but consider...
    If your son had difficulties with any other body part which MAY result in future surgery, would you consider removing that body part from your second child as a newborn? Of course, no doctor in their right mind would do that for most body parts, but would you be okay with making that choice for your child?
    Yeah, totally get your point. They used to take out the appendix as a preventative measure, and also adult teeth - was all the rage to get dentures so that you didn't have to worry about tooth decay! Now we know better! I think everyone needs to make the decision that feels right for them and their family though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Frankenmum I feel your pain, we have had a horrid time with DS including a hospital trip to have his bladder drained due to infection. However we religiously used the cream they gave us and at nearly 10 he has only the slightest little bit of tightness that doesn't require surgery - 2yrs ago he was most definitely in need of surgery. If your son isn't in too my distress or constant infections it can sometimes improve on its own with cream and well DS was told at age 7 to take better care of it in terms of cleanliness and to very gently encourage things along when in the shower (hope you get what I mean there)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    @Frankenmum I feel your pain, we have had a horrid time with DS including a hospital trip to have his bladder drained due to infection. However we religiously used the cream they gave us and at nearly 10 he has only the slightest little bit of tightness that doesn't require surgery - 2yrs ago he was most definitely in need of surgery. If your son isn't in too my distress or constant infections it can sometimes improve on its own with cream and well DS was told at age 7 to take better care of it in terms of cleanliness and to very gently encourage things along when in the shower (hope you get what I mean there)
    That's great that his improved! I've not heard of the cream? Can I ask what its called??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't find the tube but I'm almost positive it was called betnovate, we used it twice a day for the first maybe 3 to 6 months, then once a day for a few months. Whenever he complained it was sore and red he would use it too

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I can't find the tube but I'm almost positive it was called betnovate, we used it twice a day for the first maybe 3 to 6 months, then once a day for a few months. Whenever he complained it was sore and red he would use it too
    Thank you! Will ask my GP about this. If we can avoid surgery that would be the ideal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    My almost 11 year old is having a medically needed circ on Wednesday. I'll come back and update you :-) He's having a general.
    DS1 had his op today and it was honestly a breeze. I got to stay with him until he went under then they came and got me when he woke up, probably just over an hour since I last saw him. We were home under 5 hours after we got there. He has been snoozing on the couch since and hasn't complained once. I'm obviously keeping the pain meds up to him though. I need to apply cream soon so that will be interesting.

I'll come back and let you know how recovery goes in a few days. Hopefully the cream that has been recommended to you does the trick though :-)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (06-07-2016),Ngaiz  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    DS1 had his op today and it was honestly a breeze. I got to stay with him until he went under then they came and got me when he woke up, probably just over an hour since I last saw him. We were home under 5 hours after we got there. He has been snoozing on the couch since and hasn't complained once. I'm obviously keeping the pain meds up to him though. I need to apply cream soon so that will be interesting.

I'll come back and let you know how recovery goes in a few days. Hopefully the cream that has been recommended to you does the trick though :-)
    Glad to hear it went well hun! Thank you for coming back to update

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (06-07-2016)