Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0

    Default Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy

    After finally opting to do ivf after failing to fall pregnant naturally following a loss in Nov 13 we were overjoyed to get a BFP at 7 days past a 5 day transfer. Unfortunately our happiness was short lived. At 6 weeks I started to bleed heavily with clots and thought it was another miscarriage. Devastated we went to the hospital where they gave us some hope because they said my hcg was still rising and my cervix was closed. I went home feeling a little better.

    Three days later I was still bleeding with some clots and concerned I went back to the emergency department. They did more bloods and a scan. My hcg was still rising however all the medical registrar could see was a massive clot in my uterus. He said there was 90% chance I was about to miscarry with 10% it may be ectopic. I was diagnosed as a pregnancy of unknown location and sent home with instructions to come for a scan the following week.

    By the time I went back to the hospital for my second scan I had been bleeding with clots on and off for 8-9 days and was starting to experience extreme dizzness and exhaustion. They repeated the bloods and did another scan. Bloods had risen, this time to over 5000. When they did the ultrasound everyone went very quiet for quite some time before giving me the news, they had found my baby implanted in my cervix. This is known as a cervical ectopic pregnancy. I was told it occurs in 0.01% of ectopic pregnancies and I would need emergency surgery to remove it. If it had ruptured I may have haemorrhaged. I was very lucky to have an excellent surgeon who managed to remove it without me bleeding out and needing a hysterectomy.

    I am now 6 weeks post op, have recovered nicely and have just stated a frozen embryo transfer cycle a few days ago. I just wanted to put my story out there in case anyone else ever ends up in the same situation. I couldn't find anything much at all about cervical ectopic pregnancy and I am proof they do happen. Thank you for taking the time to read my story

  2. #2
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,019
    Thanks
    9,625
    Thanked
    4,959
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So sorry for your loss, hon.
    I suffered a fallopian tube ectopic last year and remember reading up on related conditions including the various spots a pregnancy can implant and the cervix is definitely rare and very scary.
    Thanks for sharing and good luck for the future.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    463
    Thanked
    269
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couldn't read and run. I'm sorry for your loss and just wanted to offer you some good luck and sticky dust for your IVF journey.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked
    23
    Reviews
    0
    So sorry to hear about your heartbreaking journey ttc so far. I wish you the best of luck with your new cycle and send you all the baby dust possible. X

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Thankyou Marigold, MaybeBabyIVF and Niks2026 for your words of support! It has been a difficult journey so far, but I am determined to stay positive

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked
    79
    Reviews
    0

    Default Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy

    Charli, thank you for sharing your story. I suffered a recent tubal ectopic resulting in the loss of pregnancy and tube. I am so sorry for both of your losses. Wishing you so much hope and happiness for your transfer
    Last edited by Ever1013; 07-07-2016 at 06:30.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Support After Ectopic Pregnancy
    By Ever1013 in forum Support After Medically Necessary Termination
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-06-2016, 20:26
  2. Ectopic pregnancy support
    By Jholla in forum First Trimester Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 28-04-2016, 00:39
  3. Ectopic Pregnancy
    By Stardust28 in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 19:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Free weekly newsletters | Sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
gotcha
X

Expecting your first baby?

Not sure what to do?

We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the
14 Pregnancy Must Dos!