Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy

After finally opting to do ivf after failing to fall pregnant naturally following a loss in Nov 13 we were overjoyed to get a BFP at 7 days past a 5 day transfer. Unfortunately our happiness was short lived. At 6 weeks I started to bleed heavily with clots and thought it was another miscarriage. Devastated we went to the hospital where they gave us some hope because they said my hcg was still rising and my cervix was closed. I went home feeling a little better.

Three days later I was still bleeding with some clots and concerned I went back to the emergency department. They did more bloods and a scan. My hcg was still rising however all the medical registrar could see was a massive clot in my uterus. He said there was 90% chance I was about to miscarry with 10% it may be ectopic. I was diagnosed as a pregnancy of unknown location and sent home with instructions to come for a scan the following week.

By the time I went back to the hospital for my second scan I had been bleeding with clots on and off for 8-9 days and was starting to experience extreme dizzness and exhaustion. They repeated the bloods and did another scan. Bloods had risen, this time to over 5000. When they did the ultrasound everyone went very quiet for quite some time before giving me the news, they had found my baby implanted in my cervix. This is known as a cervical ectopic pregnancy. I was told it occurs in 0.01% of ectopic pregnancies and I would need emergency surgery to remove it. If it had ruptured I may have haemorrhaged. I was very lucky to have an excellent surgeon who managed to remove it without me bleeding out and needing a hysterectomy.

I am now 6 weeks post op, have recovered nicely and have just stated a frozen embryo transfer cycle a few days ago. I just wanted to put my story out there in case anyone else ever ends up in the same situation. I couldn't find anything much at all about cervical ectopic pregnancy and I am proof they do happen. Thank you for taking the time to read my story

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So sorry for your loss, hon.
    I suffered a fallopian tube ectopic last year and remember reading up on related conditions including the various spots a pregnancy can implant and the cervix is definitely rare and very scary.
    Thanks for sharing and good luck for the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couldn't read and run. I'm sorry for your loss and just wanted to offer you some good luck and sticky dust for your IVF journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear about your heartbreaking journey ttc so far. I wish you the best of luck with your new cycle and send you all the baby dust possible. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou Marigold, MaybeBabyIVF and Niks2026 for your words of support! It has been a difficult journey so far, but I am determined to stay positive

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy

Charli, thank you for sharing your story. I suffered a recent tubal ectopic resulting in the loss of pregnancy and tube. I am so sorry for both of your losses. Wishing you so much hope and happiness for your transfer
    Last edited by Ever1013; 07-07-2016 at 06:30.