+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    F
    I'm a solo parent by choice so need to know this stuff for later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    F
    I'm a solo parent by choice so need to know this stuff for later!
    B9 form online from passport office of both parents are on birth certificate you can get one without the other parties signatures but they can track them down etc and ask for consent and if they say no your screwed. But if you have evidence to support them having no contact it is generally easier. It takes about 4-6weeks to process. If your amicable with other party just ask them to sign it but get the faster turn around process done and pay the little bit extra and you can get it done within a few days. This is myself speaking from experience

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So - for anyone following, or looking at this thread in the future - I called the Passport Information Office (131 232) and asked how we should reflect two mums on the form. They told me that as of 1 July, there have been new forms released, which have Parent 1 and Parent 2! Hooray!

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

A&S  (05-07-2016),Anjalee  (16-08-2016),babybeeno1  (05-07-2016),Cevapa  (16-08-2016),giveitago  (05-07-2016),mummymaybe  (10-07-2016),rainbow road  (17-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (05-07-2016),Sonja  (05-07-2016),twinklify  (05-07-2016),witherwings  (10-07-2016),Yoghurt  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    B9 form online from passport office of both parents are on birth certificate you can get one without the other parties signatures but they can track them down etc and ask for consent and if they say no your screwed. But if you have evidence to support them having no contact it is generally easier. It takes about 4-6weeks to process. If your amicable with other party just ask them to sign it but get the faster turn around process done and pay the little bit extra and you can get it done within a few days. This is myself speaking from experience
    Thanks for that. No one else on the birth certificate, I used a sperm donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Thanks for that. No one else on the birth certificate, I used a sperm donor.
    You'll be aok no hassles at all. Just need to plan somewhere warm and exotic in this weather we are having

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No advice on the form but we went to Australia Post for our photos and DS2 was 2 at the time and had just woken up so was not happy and crying and the lady was brilliant with him and said that the passport office are a bit more lenient with photos of babies and toddlers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    So - for anyone following, or looking at this thread in the future - I called the Passport Information Office (131 232) and asked how we should reflect two mums on the form. They told me that as of 1 July, there have been new forms released, which have Parent 1 and Parent 2! Hooray!
    That's awesome!

This is tangential but tax returns from 2016 onwards don't specify gender anymore, as the ATO recognise that some people do not identify with a particular gender, or they identify as being a different gender to what they were actually born.
    Times are definitely changing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @witherwings, that is good, isn't it?

It's part of a wider Commonwealth approach to the recognition of sex and gender across all Commonwealth departments - see https://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/P...andGender.aspx

Following a 2009 Australian Human Rights Commission report on sex and gender, the Commission recommended that the government consider the development of national guidelines concerning the collection of sex and gender information.

The guidelines apply to all Australian Government departments and agencies that maintain personal records. The guidelines commenced on 1 July 2013, and were to be be progressively introduced over the next 3 years - so pretty much by now.

Thanks, Labor government ;P 😉
    Last edited by JustJaq; 10-07-2016 at 12:16.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (10-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    @witherwings, that is good, isn't it?

(....)

Thanks, Labor government ;P
    Yes it's great! My kids are going to grow up in a much more tolerant and open minded society than my parents did or even we did .. That is so reassuring, it makes me happy.

And yes, labor does get things right occasionally

By the way, how old is your toddler? When we got passport photos for my first son he was only 3 months old and we lay him down on a white towel, took about 500 photos with our phone and then transferred a few decent ones onto a USB and took it to a printing place to get it printed to passport photo size.

With our 2nd son he was about 14 months old - we took him to a post office and they took a bunch of photos there and we chose the best one. It was actually a lot harder doing it at the post office than it was at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah, @witherwings, just messing with you I actually think we agree on most things - just couldn't resist

I took my 20 month DS to a photography shop that did passport photos (there was no Australia Post in the shopping centre). DS was a bit sleepy at the time, so actually did really well with staring straight ahead and not smiling - got the shot first go! Not that it's been accepted by the passport people yet, but hopefully it's all good

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (11-07-2016)