+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Degrassi do you have the US Netflix? I couldn't find this one!
    No, just the Aussie Netflix.

@atomicmama is correct - it's not on there anymore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh boo. I'm watching the Nazi one but can't really get interested in it. Will have to browse and see what else is around :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Oh boo. I'm watching the Nazi one but can't really get interested in it. Will have to browse and see what else is around :-)
    Kids For Cash is supposed to be good (I haven't watched it yet) - sounds like it has that legal injustice style theme like Central Park Five.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Kids For Cash is supposed to be good (I haven't watched it yet) - sounds like it has that legal injustice style theme like Central Park Five.
    I've seen that, I think that's the one where there was a dodgy judge or principal or something who was getting paid to send kids to juvie or similar?

I'm watching crime scene cleaners instead, I'm home sick so am enjoying something not too heavy lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Watched The Hunting Ground on Netflix last light. What an awful eye-opener on rape culture in American Universities

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just watched a preview for Audrie And Daisy. It's about the sexual assault and bullying afterwards of two teenagers and looks like something where you need tissues.
    Released September 23rd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Watched The Hunting Ground on Netflix last light. What an awful eye-opener on rape culture in American Universities
    Just watched it today. Can't believe how huge rape is over there in university. So sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I just watched a preview for Audrie And Daisy. It's about the sexual assault and bullying afterwards of two teenagers and looks like something where you need tissues.
    Released September 23rd.
    I watched this on Saturday night.
    It's confronting, and be prepared to get angry at multiple points of the documentary. It's saddening, but not surprising, to hear comments relating to victim blaming and the lack of believing victims when they dare to speak up.
    Trigger warning for sexual assault.

ETA I know it probably seems obvious to put a trigger warning on it, but some opinions expressed are quite confrontational.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 10-10-2016 at 09:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I watched this on Saturday night.
    It's confronting, and be prepared to get angry at multiple points of the documentary. It's saddening, but not surprising, to hear comments relating to victim blaming and the lack of believing victims when they dare to speak up.
    Trigger warning for sexual assault.

ETA I know it probably seems obvious to put a trigger warning on it, but some opinions expressed are quite confrontational.
    I just read a little about the film - sounds very confronting, but it's a story that should be told nonetheless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I watched Amanda Knox on Netflix last night. Holy crap that case was handled badly. Gave me a whole new appreciation for the impact of media.