+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Booster Seat for 7 year old

I am so confused, my DD is 7 she no longer fits in her Hipod booster seat ( her shoulders are squished into the seat and above the markers) her head is also above the back of the seat, however I still think she is too small to be sitting in a "regular" car seat.
    I did the quick 5 test, her knees definitely don't sit over the edge of the seat and the seat belt was against her neck.
    She is almost 30kg and 124cm.
    I understand the H harnesses and backless boosters are no longer recommended, what do I do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think Infasecure are supposed to have the highest shoulder markings in car seats. DS1 is 6, about 22kgs and 120cm tall or thereabouts and he's still in a 5 pt harness in an Infasecure Rally (from Big W). He's still got a fair bit of growing room before he needs to switch to booster mode. Might be worth having a squiz at that one? (I think it's called the Racing Kid model at Toys R Us).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 4 and similar dimensions to the OPs child. We use the Evolve. But you may not want to shell out that much for something you won't use for long. If you have a younger child that would use it, maybe it would be better value

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depending on what hipod seat it is your only option left may be the hi liner or the encore 10 by britax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you
    I might check out the Evolve, my DS is 4 and he will have the same issue in his current booster.
    Maybe I'm being paranoid but I just don't feel like she is big enough to be in an adult seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Booster Seat for 7 year old

You could look at a hipod Manhattan, which is a type G seat (extended harnessing til 8 - no booster mode) if you don't want to spend too much. There are other type G seats on the market but I believe this one is the cheapest. Have a look at the bottom half of this table for others:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1467536142.258609.jpg

Otherwise there is also the britax encore 10 as a pp already mentioned.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

Tproz  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suppose that is why there are so many different car seats... I did a little research and found out that at least several booster seats should be a good fit. For instance, the Evenflo Maestro. From what I understand, it could still be used with the built-in harness in your case (if barely, the limit is 57"). Anyway, if you already have a different seat in mind, you can easily find out how safe it is.

I believe the safest way to find out how to secure the booster seat is to look it up on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website (I'm not sure where exactly is the database but it's there somewhere, I know I've seen it). That should make the choice easier. At least you can find out just how safe the car seat is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LillianJacks View Post
    I suppose that is why there are so many different car seats... I did a little research and found out that at least several booster seats should be a good fit. For instance, the Evenflo Maestro. From what I understand, it could still be used with the built-in harness in your case (if barely, the limit is 57"). Anyway, if you already have a different seat in mind, you can easily find out how safe it is.

I believe the safest way to find out how to secure the booster seat is to look it up on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website (I'm not sure where exactly is the database but it's there somewhere, I know I've seen it). That should make the choice easier. At least you can find out just how safe the car seat is.
    That's good and everything but there's one little problem with that. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is an American institution. Different laws, a different approach, different car seats... It might be helpful for Americans but we aren't them are we now?