+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Woven wrap lovers and useful tips

Ok so I'm just getting into using a woven wrap and wanted to start a thread asking about your go to carries and maybe some helpful tips and advice. I just don't get the double hammock so I'm sure I'm doing it wrong but just wondered what other carries people favour. At the moment as a beginner I'm loving the high back carry as its quite easy with the half knot and I find it really comfortable with the chest belt.
    What are your favourites and why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Unfortunately my daughter doesn't like back carry so it's usually fwcc for us.though not anymore until I have this Bub anyways.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Unfortunately my daughter doesn't like back carry so it's usually fwcc for us.though not anymore until I have this Bub anyways.
    Any other front carries you like? I find with a small toddler with arms out I don't always get the body tight with fwcc. I need to work on getting a tighter top rail without it being too tight across my shoulder and neck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    This is our fave carry. She's 21m and under 9kgs

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like the kangaroo carry (front carry), I used to do it a lot when DD was smaller with a shorty (size 3 wrap).
    I found wrap you in love very helpful, she's a babywearing consultant in Europe and her tutorials are really easy to follow

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (03-07-2016),nh2489  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I miss wrapping!
    For the first ~6 months I pretty much just used FWCC (plus ring slings) since he was often in for about an hour at a time.
    Then from 6-18 months FCC was my go-to front carry as he could easily get in and out without unwrapping.
    For quick ups when I just wanted him to go to sleep and then put him down was either FWCC TUB or Kangaroo TUB with a shortie - as those were easy to unwrap and transfer from.
    For back carries, ruck was great at first (and definitely the quickest, easiest back carry!) but DH was my favourite from ~12-24 months as it's so supportive!
    HJBC and RRRR (TAS) are good shortie back carries but I never really got into them, I like having the chest pass for support. Plus I was never good at keeping tension while tying at the shoulder.
    I also never mastered Poppins hip carry but Robin's with a long wrap and using the tails as if you were doing a FWCC was super comfy for a mid-sized baby.

Oh and for more comfortable front carries - flip the shoulders as if you were doing a kangaroo, I think it greatly improves FWCC/FCC!
    Last edited by deku; 03-07-2016 at 21:19.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Mad84  (03-07-2016),nh2489  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    Oh I miss wrapping!
    For the first ~6 months I pretty much just used FWCC (plus ring slings) since he was often in for about an hour at a time.
    Then from 6-18 months FCC was my go-to front carry as he could easily get in and out without unwrapping.
    For quick ups when I just wanted him to go to sleep and then put him down was either FWCC TUB or Kangaroo TUB with a shortie - as those were easy to unwrap and transfer from.
    For back carries, ruck was great at first (and definitely the quickest, easiest back carry!) but DH was my favourite from ~12-24 months as it's so supportive!
    HJBC and RRRR (TAS) are good shortie back carries but I never really got into them, I like having the chest pass for support.
    I also never mastered Poppins hip carry but Robin's with a long wrap and using the tails as if you were doing a FWCC was super comfy for a mid-sized baby.

Oh and for more comfortable front carries - flip the shoulders as if you were doing a kangaroo, I think it greatly improves FWCC/FCC!
    Great thanks for sharing. Just some advice, whenever I attempt DH I seem to get all the weight on the shoulders like a ruck and don't really see how the chest belt supports the weight? I know it needs to be tight and I do try but I still don't get the support. Any advice?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    Great thanks for sharing. Just some advice, whenever I attempt DH I seem to get all the weight on the shoulders like a ruck and don't really see how the chest belt supports the weight? I know it needs to be tight and I do try but I still don't get the support. Any advice?!
    Hmm I'm not sure, my only advice would be to tighten, always high and tight! But perhaps body size/shape makes a difference too? And even with a perfect DH most of the weight is still on the shoulders.
    A kind of unrelated but neat trick I discovered recently was back carries with a ring - kind of like how SHBC crosses in the middle. Pulls the straps out of my armpits and prevents the circulation being cut off from my arms
    I'll see if I can find a photo...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Mad84  (03-07-2016),nh2489  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes please photo would be good! I've got a spare pair of rings I can experiment with.