+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default PMT making me CRAY-CRAY!

I've had an awful ten days or so with vicious mood swings and irrational thoughts.
    I've wanted to come in here and post but couldn't muddle my way through the hormonal soup I was in. Best off I didn't anyway.
    Yesterday was the first day I've felt normal and lo and behold, last night I got the first appearance of a period since I got pregnant on DD (she's 17 mths).
    OK, so it makes sense of the last couple of weeks now in hindsight, but OMG I hope I'm not in for that every month. My kids will hate me and my hubby will run for the hills.

Has anyone experienced really, really bad PMT just before the return of their period and did it continue each month after, or was it just to kick things off again?

What's my options if this is a regular thing? The pill?
    I really don't want to go in the pill again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had really bad PMS just before the return of my period since DS (he was 18 months). I was not a pleasant person. Prior to DS, I never had PMS. It was a huge shock to us all! I can't tell you what happened before the next one, cos I'm UTD now. I can tell you that being pregnant has turned me into an absolute witch, and I don't remember that from last time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Phony  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had it really really bad since mine returned about 8 months ago! But in saying that it wasn't too bad last month and I'm 43 so I suspect it's not just period returning but that other hormonal nightmare to come 😁

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

Phony  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I found after having DD that I became way worse with pmt.
    I was actually diagnosed with PMDD pre menstrual dysphoric disorder.
    After talking about my symptoms etc it was definitely me. I usually take the pill. .but haven't this month to give a break and I know I'm a stark raving lunatic.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Phony  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tiny Dancer, yep, this is new for me. I usually sail through that time of the month
    I remember being a bit difficult when I was pregnant on my DD.
    I didn't think so at the time but in hindsight I was very wound up and overly sensitive with family members.

Freyamum, I'm just behind you at 42 and last week I was having hot flushes!
    I have to admit that I was thinking that as well. GAH! Too soon!
    Another thing, I've been up two kilos for no reason over the last three weeks and it just wouldn't budge.
    I'm one kilo down this morning and I'm totally putting that down to me being back to my happy self since yesterday.
    What a horrible cocktail of hormones us women get.
    Oh to be a man, as Dylan Moran says, if you're a guy, you're born, you have one finger up your nose and the other on your penis, and you get taller. That's it!

Tamtam that's awful!
    I've just read a little bit but those are the symptoms I had. Complete hopelessness, anger etc, etc.
    The mood changed kind of coincided with some awful news from back home, a death in the family and a brutal rape of a dear friend amongst two pregnancy losses and the almost death of my sister in law. It's just been a really sh!tty year.
    I thought at first, because my moods were so severe and ongoing that I was slipping into depression but thankfully I feel more myself since Saturday.
    I'll keep a close eye on my cycle now and the dips in moods and get help if it's as bad as last month. I really can't go through that again. I don't even want to write how low I got in here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get it really bad but only for two days before my period. It's the worst two days of the month for myself and my family. (Thank god it's only two days not longer like yours)
    I get it so bad that my hubby will message me saying that he is ignoring my phone calls and message him if it's a emergency and he will call me. It's only been this bad since I got my period back after the birth of my last child

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 2 girls 1 boy For This Useful Post:

Phony  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I can totally understand why he would do that.
    I'm sure my DH will as well if it continues.
    I've always wondered why some women are a bit batty in later life.
    I won't deal with this every month. Not for the length of time it lasted anyway.

Does anyone know if the my hormones affect the breast milk that my DD is getting?
    I noticed she had a little bit of discharge a couple of days ago.
    Just a one off.
    Last edited by Phony; 04-07-2016 at 10:50.