Pepti-Junior - how long until it worked? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pepti-Junior - how long until it worked?

Hey mums

My 10wo has been diagnosed with cows milk protein intolerance and my paediatrician has moved us into prescription formula.

She sent us away with sample tins and said to try Pepti-Junior first before moving onto Elecare if that doesn't work.

Does anyone have similar experience? How long did the Pepti-Junior take to work? Was it almost instantaneous or did it take awhile? It's been 3 days now and my DD shows no improvement, wondering if we should move her onto Elecare.

I will ring my paediatrician tomorrow for advice but I know doctors can be hard to get hold of so just wanting to see how everyone else got on.

Many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son was diagnosed at 6 months (his symptoms were just lots mucus in poo with occasional blood and I kept getting told not to worry) and I put him on aptimil allerpro when I weaned him at 11 months. He's still on it now even though he seems to have outgrown his allergy.
    It's probably not much help as I don't know much about the different formulas but allerpro seemed to work for us. Also just to note I was breastfeeding and went dairy free and they recommend 2 weeks for things to get out the system. However it took at least 6 weeks for the symptoms to disappear and when he accidentally had a biscuit with milk in at about 9 months he had mucus in his poo for 3 weeks. So it just goes to show that the inflammation can take a while to settle so things might take a while to improve. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had to do at least 2 weeks of a trial of new ones until we found the right one. That is unless it wasn't tolerated. Eg. DD threw up pepti jnr a lot and didn't tolerate it.
    It takes a while for the inflammation to settle down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you need to give it a good 2wks for her belly to adjust to a new formula before you can call it a fail or success.

My DD2 was on elecare and it dud take a few weeks before we saw an improvement in her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I will try and be patient and give it a bit more time.