+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in bed when I send the kids off for quiet time. So about 7. I'm lucky to make it to 9pm before passing out. If my dp comes to bed I sleep through but when he stays up all night I normally wake around 2am and can't get back to sleep til nearly 6 only to be woken by my alarm at 630.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Now I have children - it varies. But usually 9.30-10. Past night's election party was about midnight.

We get up fairly early between 5-7 at the latest. I am functioning on a lot less sleep after kids lol.

I think with insomnia it is one of those hard things to change. Maybe speak to your psych about some 'out of the box' ideas that might help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually go to bed between 11-12pm & sleep until around 6. If I go to bed too early, its too hard to fall asleep, &I hate lying around awake for hours. I wait until I'm ready to drop before I go to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on how tired I am. Anywhere between 9.30 and 11. It should be early because I get up at 5.30 on week days and I need lots of sleep to function properly at work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've worked out I need about 10 hours solid sleep overnight to function well, be physically well and not snappy. So I'll go for 9pm at the very latest, and that's asleep, not just "in bed", then up at 7 is usual. Anything less and I really feel it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Usually about 11pm. I am a night owl so I'm the type to wake up tired and go to bed feeling awake. Thankfully I have no trouble falling asleep once I'm in bed. I never ever go to bed before DP; I can't fall asleep if he's still up. If anything it's him who goes to bed first on work nights as he has to get up at 4:15. He'll crawl into bed at 10:00 or so on those nights and I join him after 11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    I've worked out I need about 10 hours solid sleep overnight to function well, be physically well and not snappy. So I'll go for 9pm at the very latest, and that's asleep, not just "in bed", then up at 7 is usual. Anything less and I really feel it.
    Wow, that's a lot! I think the last time I slept 10 hours was when I was a teenager. If I have too much sleep one night, I'm up half the night the next night. My magic number is about 7.5 hours. Less than 7 and I'm yawning all day, but I definitely don't need more than 8.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP try a warm bath with a cup of epsoms salts and a cup of bicarb of soda. Both items cost a couple of bucks from the chemist. Soak for half an hour. A friend told me about it and i was a bit sceptical but it worked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry not chemist. The supermarket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I try to be in bed by 10pm, and I usually run Harry Potter #1 on my iPhone to try and get to sleep- I love and find the music relaxing.