+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I know so little about how our system actually works it's embarrassing.
    Most people are the same. I think it's deliberately confusing and misleading TBH.

I hate the preference system too. The only reason a certain obese billionaire was got through in our local electorate last time was preferences. Hopefully people have learned from that mistake. Thankfully he is smart enough not to be running this time round...

If people want to vote for smaller parties fine, as long as they know who the preferences will go to.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Our local labor member has a Family First candidate ahead of Nick Xeno on the how to vote cards. Wtf? Now I'm even more confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Our local labor member has a Family First candidate ahead of Nick Xeno on the how to vote cards. Wtf? Now I'm even more confused.
    I imagine it'll be because they think Nick Xeno is a real contender for the seat so they're trying to avoid bumping his numbers.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (02-07-2016),harvs  (02-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (02-07-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I think you were right @BettyV because in my electorate there was an 18.5% swing toward the Nick Xenophon party, mostly at the expense of the Liberal candidate, which I find a bit weird.

But then, and this is where I'm really daft with politics, wouldn't it still be better for NX to get more votes than Family First as preferences clearly went to Labor?