+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Traveling interstate or from overseas for IVF?

Hi, I will need to travel a long way to get to my clinic. Due to the high costs of travel and to minimize stress, I plan to stay in the clinic area until I have finished the IVF embryo transfer. Since this is my first go, I'm not quite sure how to manage the whole "itinerary". Can anyone with such traveling experience share some tips and advice?

How long continuous stay at the clinic's city should I realistically plan for?

Is air travel safe during the IVF cycle or very early pregnancy?

If the first cycle fails, is it common to start the next cycle straight away? Thank you! 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone with such traveling experience share some tips and advice?

If you are rural pats will pay for flights and some of your accommodation costs

How long continuous stay at the clinic's city should I realistically plan for?
    2 weeks approximately worst case

Is air travel safe during the IVF cycle or very early pregnancy?
    Yes

If the first cycle fails, is it common to start the next cycle straight away? Thank you! 😁[/QUOTE]

It depends usually you have to wait a cycle after a stim cycle if you do a frozen transfer you can do back to back depending on what type of cycle you do

3. The Following User Says Thank You to flowers21 For This Useful Post:

May20  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Depends on where you live. If you have access to a pharmacy and pathology you could possibly stay home for the first week of your cycle.
    Something like this: day 1 call clinic and have BT locally. Meds would have already been ordered from local pharmacy and picked up.
    Day 2 clinic calls & give you go ahead to start meds.
    Day 6-7 another BT locally.
    Day 7-8 travel to clinic for first scan/BT
    Day 10 scan/BT at clinic
    Day 12-14 trigger
    Day 14 egg collection
    Day 19 embryo transfer
    Travel home that day.
    Approx 10 days away from home (all timings are approximate, depends on your cycle)
    Day 28 BT locally for pregnancy test.
    It's worthwhile contacting PATS but often they will only cover something stupid like a bus fare to the city.
    My clinic liked me to leave a cycle between IVF cycles if that makes sense!
    Best of luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

May20  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Depends on where you are travelling from. As your profile states that you are overseas it will come down to where your exactly from and where you plan to go for treatment. Nothing is cheap and when you say IVF it's like saying the word wedding.

Everyone is different with their IVF cycles. As poster above me stated I did all this but it was all within 2 weeks from start to finish minus the PT which was 28 days. Then for another transfer (frozen) I had to let the first fresh transfer fail which it did on day 30. I went through that cycle then had to wait another cycle before being able to have the frozen transfer

Every clinic is different and everyone's bodies respond differently to the drugs and how you will respond to them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

May20  (02-07-2016)