+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default how does your 12yo entertain themselves

When your child plays in their bedroom by themselves what do they do?

My DS is currently (& has been most of the day) playing cricket with a crazy catch, mini bat & soft ball.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD watches tv, goes on social media or practices make up.
    Until I drag her out and tell her to play with her siblings haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    12 in October...

Watches TV
    Plays video games
    Barbies
    Writes stories, writes in her diary
    Reads
    Makes things out of old clothes
    Draws and colours in
    Puts on make-up
    Paints her nails
    Does her hair
    Does her sisters hair or she has one of those hairdressing doll heads she likes doing it's hair too
    Tries out new clothes and outfits and see what goes with what (bit like a mini fashion parade lol)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default how does your 12yo entertain themselves

My 12 year old DS has a large bedroom so it is both his bedroom and his own lounge room plus study area.
    He prefers to be outdoors kicking the ball with his Dad or friends but when he is inside he will often play sport games on his iPad, play his Nintento DS, sit at his desk looking at sport books/magazines, watch Netflix / Stan or play his Xbox. Sometimes he also gets his car tracks out and builds tracks all over the house and races his cars.
    When he gets tired of being in there he ventures out into one of the lounge rooms and plays table tennis or pool (or watch tv with us.). This is really only on school holidays as during the school term he's busy with sporting activities after school / homework etc.
    Last edited by baby245; 03-07-2016 at 15:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have two girls 11(12 in November) and 9. Right now they have dusted off their shopkins and playing together. They play well together. You have a son right? Does he ever see his mates from school on holidays?

My kids also play with their wii/playstation, use their imaginations outside, or on their tablet or ipod. They like to draw, read. They like to check out Youtube through the telly as well.
    Last edited by Marchbundle; 03-07-2016 at 15:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My eldest has just turned 13 but still relevant 😂

He likes to draw/sketch, create animations on his computer, computer games (limited time) and read. Occasionally he will drag out his lego.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    You have a son right? Does he ever see his mates from school on holidays?
    Yes I do. He normally does, but his best friend is in the US for a few weeks & none of his others live within walking distance (we currently don't have a car) and parents of his other friends are understandably a bit reluctant for their kids to come here given some of them know what this year has been like. Unfortunately a majority of his friends' parents think it will be too much for me having them here but in reality it would make things a lot easier.

He plays outside heaps too (usually cricket & baseball) but needs the lawn mowed & dog poop picked up first - I'm waiting to see if he'll get annoyed enough to do it but it appears not.

This week of the holidays he'll be out & about a lot as baseball starts again & his cricket club have paid for & will take him to a cricket clinic for me, as well as having rep squad trials for cricket starting soon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Plays guitar a lot.
    Draws
    Writes stories
    Plays on their pad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Spends too much time on social media....
    Cooks (just made crepes..Yum! )
    Goes for a run or exercises at home
    Draws
    Listens to music
    Watches videos/YouTube clips
    Movies
    Does make up /hair/tries on clothes
    Rearranges her room