+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I come from a family if 6, so only going by what my Mum always told me... She has always said the hardest is going from 2 to 3 kids as that's when as parents you become out numbered, then after that you don't notice the extras as much & they all just come along for the ride!

From my personal point of view, I would love 4 or more kids (TTC #3) as childhood was fun, we always had someone to play with & it was a great way to grow up.

Also now we are all adults I think my parents are truly reaping the reward of having so many kids as they get to enjoy 13 (so far) grandkids! It truly is wonderful seeing all the cousins playing together... Short term pain (newborn/toddler stage) for longterm gain!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hvuc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ops - we have 4 (can't figure out how to update my signature!). Love it! Busy, yes - but lots of fun. I do agree that the age gap (6 1/2 ys from 1-4) can be difficult. Eg GD. Ds8 and dd6 don't need day sleeps and want to do things the littles ones aren't ready for. But my DH and I just often do those type of things with them individually, works out better for cost also.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Goosey01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've got four, DS 7, DD 5, DS 3 and DS 8 months. In all honesty I was more than finished with number three (largely due to the fact no. 3 was an EMCS and lots of issues) but we'd always agreed four was our number so it was a nagging thing in my mind and one day my DH just said 'I'd really love it if we could have just one more' and my defences must of been low because we DTD once and he was on the way! Lol

we already had big house and car so none of that changed. I do have fleeting moments where I feel a bit resentful that I am back at square one again when I would of had a little time to myself now my 3 yr old is at preschool Mon & Tue and big two are at school but then I love him so darn much I could not imagine not having him.

He gets carted from pillar to post with the others though and has been my crappiest sleeper (but greatly improved now thankfully!). He's such a social baby and loves being out and about though so it's all good really.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsIsMe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks ladies, making me feel more positive about this decision... i must admit - the ''you have got to be nuts'' comments grates on my nerves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pregnant with number 4, we have a 6 yr old and 3.5 year old twins. This pregnancy was a surprise, although we had been debating another for ages without deciding one way or another. I too wonder how another will fit in and find their position in an already busy family, but I'm also excited to see the others experiencing having a sibling.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to boys boys boys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    thanks ladies, making me feel more positive about this decision... i must admit - the ''you have got to be nuts'' comments grates on my nerves.
    I only had one person say this to me (I'm sure others thought it!) while I was pregnant with my no.4 and it really hurt. It came from someone I considered to be a really good friend too, I've never really gotten over it. Good luck with your decision!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsIsMe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    Hate those comments

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goosey01 For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (01-07-2016),Mod-Uniquey  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosey01 View Post
    Hate those comments
    I'm a bit over the "don't you own a tv?" comments. Gets harder to shrug off after the 4000th time heh

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (01-07-2016),Mod-Uniquey  (01-07-2016)

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately my youngest/fourth has severe intolerances so didn't sleep much for most of the first year which was difficult on top of the HG in pregnancy and a FIFO husband with unsupportive family. (MIL would suggest sleeping tablets for me to get more sleep)

I would however do it again, especially now that our kids age 12-5.5yo. I'm enjoying the growing up milestones. This year was starting school so we've passed the day care stage, next year is high school for my eldest so more things to look forward to.

We only up sized our car this year to a seven seater before that we had two five seaters to go places, we plan to upsize our house by end of this year, I work from home and plan to start a business also so need the extra space.

I've had very few comments but then we spoke of having four from before we got married (in an attempt to avoid the comments) MIL offered bricks for DH when I was pregnant, the only other memorable comment was a butcher who I made blush when after commenting don't we have a TV I said we have two but if he'd rather watch to he's not doing it right

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamAwesome For This Useful Post: