Closed Thread
Page 95 of 112 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The no FET credit and no FET drugs provided to you if you are not going ahead with a transfer in a full stim cycle annoys me too, I think that is a complete rip off. I know other clinics offer FET credits and meds but they don't have wazza Magic....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick update. I just got the Medicare rebate for our recent FET we got $1496.20 from the $2310 so that's only about $800. We have well and truly reached the safety net.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Just a quick update. I just got the Medicare rebate for our recent FET we got $1496.20 from the $2310 so that's only about $800. We have well and truly reached the safety net.
    Thanks for the info hun, that's not too bad then. I am still waiting for my stim rebate, it is taking so long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gagingi I have been told from charlotte my placenta is at the front also. When did you start to feel flutters or you didn't ? She did warn me I won't feel kicking until at least 22. Yay so happy all is going well for you xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie8888 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (07-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stim pain help

Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    Hey mate, i have bad endo too. Im just wondering if you're able to take whatever youd normally take for your endo pain? Like smash a ton of naprogesic or ponstan BUT i dont know if you can take these during stims so please check with fs. Im hoping coz its before transfer, you should be able to take painkillers. Soz i cant be more help. My stim pains were never quite as bad as normal endo period pains.
    Yeah I've been toughing thru the endo pain for the last couple of years every month. It's not ideal, but I suck at meds, and Dr Molloy was a bit of a "suck it up" gyno.

So it turns out what I thought were stim pains were my body slowly collapsing.
    Was admitted Sunday night from mater ER for emergency surgery for a huge internal infection.
    The surgeons said it was extensive, resistant to antibiotics cause it had walled itself off, and apparently mostly random, although the ivf pregnisone prob collapsed my immune system and let it take hold.
    Lolz, and I thought I was being a WUSS!

Got out of hospital late Monday, and am stuck at home now cause wound care nurses have to do awful things to the wound daily,
    although GOOD NEWS is we are continuing with this cycle.
    ! Hurrah!

Charlotte was so nice, and did the gentlest ultrasound humanly possible tuesday when I staggered in there all broken lol, although pessaries will be challenging with an open wound nearby....
    Such a glamorous life lol!

Also I experienced probably the worst thing ever, proper opioid withdrawal. ..I only had like 8 tablets in the hospital, but apparently some ppl are super hyper-sensative.
    Thought i was dying until they worked out what was happening, lucky my mom used to work in the drug and alcohol centre in Roma st. years ago, and picked up what was going on. Wow it was bad. Can kinda get now why drug addicts steal to get more and avoid withdrawal, it's horrendous! Nausea, reflux, pacing, agitation, tachycardia, incredibly painful muscle soreness, etc etc.

I really really hope that if we ever manage to get preggers it's a boy so they don't have to deal with this awful endo stuff, every girl on my mom's side has it, 11 out of 11!
    Does the rest of your family have it as bad as you?

Sorry again for the delayed reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    I can't help much but to say has Warren checked your bloods and everything. I was quite uncomfortable last FET cycle I was using FSH I couldn't eat as I was very full/bloated. I went into my QFG in Townsville they rang K.ate and she checked all my levels and they were fine. I found drinking water & lots of it helped. I just kept sipping it all day. I will warm you when I triggered for it I was very Ill that night and it took a few days to go down the injection site went very sore and red too. I triggered with 10000i/u pregnyl.
    You are pretty close to the end now though not much longer. Hang in there. How did you go with your FSH QFG bill did they fix it up?
    Hey thanks,,

They're still working on the big QFG bill, but I'm very happy to just wait on my refund lol, not rock the boat.
    I ended up being real sick, not just stim-sick, go figure (sob story above lol).

Glad for the heads up on the trigger, did it last night, and it did rash up a bit and I feel not as flash today.
    Will hit the water hard now I can eat and drink again!

Transfer hopefully Monday, seems like eternity still.

Thanks again, A

Thanks
    Reviews
    @malteasers you poor thing, hopefully it is all good now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    This annoys me so much @Btae. We did a couple of freeze all and got no refund and then had to pay for a FET. It is a rip off. I should write to them about it as I think it's unreasonable. They save the work they'd do on a FET and get paid for PGD. Also very tough to pay for an ET if you have nothing to transfer.
    Maybe we should organise a big group letter, they'll never change it and lose free money unless they get hassled about it. Stupid policy. Count me in.
    Although I'm not much organizational help until I hand in my PhD soon lol.

I once got a partial refund.....I had a global cycle, but in the days between harvest and transfer we found out I had lyme disease and needed treating first so I didn't give it to our baby potentially (I'm a yank that hikes and camps a lot when I visit home).
    So when I went to have embryo put in 2 years later they wanted $$ and I said hangon , I've already paid for this as part of global, that's rediculous considering I had a medical reason not to transfer. ...

Long story short Glenn finangled me a partial refund, I think I paid $1500 for the fet in the end.

But if other big Ivf Groups are routinely giving credit's, especially for you poor pgd gals, then qfg should too. They don't HAVE to know that we wouldn't actually walk cause of Dr Waz.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Btae View Post
    @malteasers you poor thing, hopefully it is all good now.
    Thanks Btae, getting there!
    My DH and I like to joke that our life series title would be entitled:
    " a series of unfortunate events " lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Rossie888 Hun I didnt feel anything until at least 24wks. It will happen xx
    Last edited by Chyna; 08-09-2016 at 05:34.