Closed Thread
Page 79 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You could always give them back to Wazza if you have no takers. I often do that, then he can give them to someone else 😃

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chyna my sister Inlaw is the healthiest person ever and she has it too. Her dr said it was to do win her placenta over night that it wasn't food related. Don't beat your self up about it. Plus they keep lowering the level of what is pass.
    X

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie8888 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyna View Post
    Just got a call from my ob and I failed my blood test on Friday meaning I've got Gestational diabeties 😢 Am in shock as I eat pretty healthy. He want me to come in today to see him.
    @Chyna Hello lovely dont beat yourself up about it, the healthiest woman i have ever met, e.g. does triathlons, is nothing but muscle and sinew, no fat on her at all, doesnt even eat fruit coz its got too much sugar- she eats veges instead, never drinks or smokes, eats porridge with water and was horrified to hear i have my porridge with milk, doesnt eat takeaway or processed food, doesnt eat anything over 10% sugar etc etc etc got gestational diabetes, so its not due to you or anything you have or havent done. It can be managed with low g i diet and is really common in 'geriatric' pregnancies, i.e. over 35 years of age- no offence lol, im geriatric too by those standards! Its no harm to baby either as long as you do what drs say for management. Enjoy your low g i diet mate ;-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie8888 View Post
    @Chyna my sister Inlaw is the healthiest person ever and she has it too. Her dr said it was to do win her placenta over night that it wasn't food related. Don't beat your self up about it. Plus they keep lowering the level of what is pass.
    X
    Thanks honey its all still a bit of a shock. Taking it all in. Have today off to sit down and do a meal plan and go grocery shopping.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Rosie8888  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Chyna Hello lovely dont beat yourself up about it, the healthiest woman i have ever met, e.g. does triathlons, is nothing but muscle and sinew, no fat on her at all, doesnt even eat fruit coz its got too much sugar- she eats veges instead, never drinks or smokes, eats porridge with water and was horrified to hear i have my porridge with milk, doesnt eat takeaway or processed food, doesnt eat anything over 10% sugar etc etc etc got gestational diabetes, so its not due to you or anything you have or havent done. It can be managed with low g i diet and is really common in 'geriatric' pregnancies, i.e. over 35 years of age- no offence lol, im geriatric too by those standards! Its no harm to baby either as long as you do what drs say for management. Enjoy your low g i diet mate ;-)
    Thanks honey, bet we are the best looking geriatric's around lol. Its probably a good thing as it will ensure i eat healthy no matter what xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    Sorry, a bit more to add.... Controlling my GD was easy and I had fab support from my Obs. Yes, you have to monitor the amount of carbs you eat and prick you finger a few times a day but once you get into the swing of things you'll find it very doable. Also, I have to say, I felt fantastic on a low carb diet. Probably the best I've felt in 15 years!
    Thanks honey thats reassuring. Starting today I've got to check my levels 6 times a day and keep a record along with a food diary.
    Last edited by Chyna; 23-08-2016 at 08:27.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (23-08-2016),Rosie8888  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chyna i also had another friend with gest. diabetes and she followed all the instructions diet etc...for about a month and glucose levels went back to normal so she was able to stop taking bloods and just kept up the diet- so it 'fixed' things for the rest of her pregnancy. xox

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Chyna i also had another friend with gest. diabetes and she followed all the instructions diet etc...for about a month and glucose levels went back to normal so she was able to stop taking bloods and just kept up the diet- so it 'fixed' things for the rest of her pregnancy. xox
    Fingers crossed I can do that also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyna View Post
    Fingers crossed I can do that also.
    @Chyna if u can do ivf mate, you can do this. I have total faith in you mate, seriously. You iz forgets you iz an ivf warrior woman xox

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (24-08-2016),Rosie8888  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chyna that's a bugger about the diabetes but like lots of the other ladies have said it is really common and can be managed with no probs. Just annoying for you that you have to test and change your diet. At least your used to following instructions after Wazza's array of things you have to do! You'll handle it with no problems at all!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (24-08-2016),Rosie8888  (24-08-2016)