Closed Thread
Page 74 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge I hope your dream isn't to far away. Is it 5 weeks till take off? That twins thing is the best I've heard that is great. It's time thing is so cute also. Please film some of the reactions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie8888 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    I hear you with the dream announcement thing mate. Im so glad your dream is coming true xox When i first told my boss, who i adore, she is like a mum -at -work to me, that i was ttc/ivf, when she wanted to ask me how i was going, she would say, "is it time for me to start knitting booties yet?". Unfortunately the answer has always been, "no, not yet". Eventually she stopped asking because it was making us both sad. But my dream, which i constantly visualise and imagine doing, is WHEN i finally get my bfp and i know all is going well, im gonna buy a box and put a yarn of wool and 2 knitting needles in it with a note saying, "its time!" And just leave it on her desk to discover without saying anything. I also dream about getting in the car and driving round to personally tell all my friends who know how hard we've struggled. Im also looking forward to seeing there faces when i say, "so i popped over to athens to do ivf with a donor and now im pregnant". Lol, we live in a small town n i dont think anyones even heard of overseas donor ivf! Lol and i dream about having twins and not telling a single soul until their born. I imagine this scene where im holding one baby when my mum comes to visit me in hospital and then i casually say, "oh yeah, there's another one over there in that crib". I love preparing surprises! Gosh i hope my dreams come true too, but if mine cant, im really glad other people's dreams can come true xox
    @gorgeousgeorge I was to the point of never believing it would happen. Honestly 13 Ivf cycles and a few FETs thrown in there...it was getting tough. This was going to be our last year as mentally I couldn't keep going. DH said he possibly could have but he wasn't doing the physical side of things. He never gave up hope....and I thank him for that now. We are by all means not out of the woods yet that's for sure but things are looking promising. It really is like a dream. Your story of telling your boss is beautiful. I'm sure you'll get to put that box together soon. I'll be watching your journey. I really do admire anyone going through the this and even so going overseas for donor. Trust me we were close. Keep dreaming and try to stay positive xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

Rosie8888  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha, yes @Rosie8888 5 weeks and 3 days today :-) I really liked your wishing well idea coz if i was a guest id love to be thinking that in some way i helped to gift you with a baby. And i love how your thankyou cards are connected to the big announcement :-) I guess thats one good thing about it all taking a while, ive had lots of time to think things through, think of names, learn stuff and be sure this is what i really want. If it ever happens though I'll prob still freak right out though! My DH and me eloped in thailand in december and didnt tell anyone at all until we got back on christmas eve, then we told out parents in person, then went home and posted on facebook "So, this happened..." and just added a wedding photo. It was so funny and exciting! We spent the rest of christmas eve watching all our friends' posts pop up on the feed for hours. And id already planned to host christmas dinner at our house the next day so that was like our belated 'reception'. (Yes-i got home from a 24 hour international flight on christmas eve, then prepped and cooked for Christmas dinner for 18 people that night, then hosted a whole family christmas the next day.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepontryin13 View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge I was to the point of never believing it would happen. Honestly 13 Ivf cycles and a few FETs thrown in there...it was getting tough. This was going to be our last year as mentally I couldn't keep going. DH said he possibly could have but he wasn't doing the physical side of things. He never gave up hope....and I thank him for that now. We are by all means not out of the woods yet that's for sure but things are looking promising. It really is like a dream. Your story of telling your boss is beautiful. I'm sure you'll get to put that box together soon. I'll be watching your journey. I really do admire anyone going through the this and even so going overseas for donor. Trust me we were close. Keep dreaming and try to stay positive xxx
    That is so lovely. Wow! 13 cycles! Mate, i did 4 stims and i was a broken woman after 6 failed transfers. You're amazing! That is an olympic marathon effort mate and im so glad you crossed the line.
    Thanks also for your well wishes and encouragement. xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge we also wanted them to know where the money was going. We actually have thank you cards of wedding pics but decide the announcement is better. You eloped that's awesome we thought about that but being first grand daughter I would of been shot I love your attitude its this best!!! You are super women seriously!! Week I'm so excited for you, it's approaching quick now :-) do you have to start on any meds? Does anyone know you are going to Athens or what for ? Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rosie8888 lol, yeah it was my second marriage so i knew my nanna and mum had already done the whole wedding thing before, so they wouldnt be upset.
    All i have to do it start the pill for the next 21 days to make sure my period comes at the right time, no horrible needles or mad side effects from yucky medicine. Im actually taking the first active pill tomorrow, so its all actually starting. Nope nobody knows we are going to athens for ivf, ive told my mum and grandparents we are going to athens, only told mum coz u always have to tell your mum where u are and i need her to feed my cats and told my grandparents coz they live in mascot so we leave the car at theirs and they drive us to the airport. Lol, but everyone i talk to on bubhub knows though, so thats like about 20-30 people :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge oh fair call - we both have crazy families so eloping sounded great to us, instead we only invited selected family I had my mum walk me down as I didn't invite my dad. Eeeeeek that's so awesome you actually start tomorrow for it. Wooh you must be feeling excited now it's real. Yeah always have to tell our mums. Oh that's good you can still talk to people about it :-) how many years has this journey been for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie8888 View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge oh fair call - we both have crazy families so eloping sounded great to us, instead we only invited selected family I had my mum walk me down as I didn't invite my dad. Eeeeeek that's so awesome you actually start tomorrow for it. Wooh you must be feeling excited now it's real. Yeah always have to tell our mums. Oh that's good you can still talk to people about it :-) how many years has this journey been for you?
    Well in a way, i first started trying to conceive in 2010, so ive been wanting a bub and or trying to have one for 7 years. So i tried naturally with my first hubby for 18 months then our marriage went pear shaped kinda due to the stress of ttc. So then i had no partner, lol, so that made it even harder to get a baby. Then i met my new and improved husband no 2 and i didnt want yo scare him away or jump into a relationship just because i wanted a baby so i just enjoyed being with him for 2 years. So then we talked about babies and tried naturally for 12 months in 2014, seeing a FS in the meanwhile, had a lap/hyst and began ivf in 2015 through 2016.
    So it feels like ive been waiting 7 years, but ive only been doing the ivf for about 20 months.
    In a big way, im weirdly kinda glad i couldnt have kids with my first husband because i would have stayed and been unhappy. Im much happier in my current relationship in so many ways. Weird how life works out sometimes. If a genie appeared right now and said 'you can go back in time and have as many kids as you want with your first husband' or 'you can have none with your current one', id pick the second option without hesitation.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (21-08-2016),Chyna  (17-08-2016),pingc383  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge you make me laugh.. So true what you are saying though. Well Hun we are hear to support and barrack for you along the way xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie8888 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies

i need some advice - we are currently in the 2WW (FET cycle 5dt on 12th august 2016) with Monash in Brisbane ... on the 4th august my lining was 11mm - by research I've done it thickens by 1mm every day .. my transfer (2 x day 5 blasto's expanding) my lining would have been close to if not over 19mm ...

I've heard dr warren is very very good - and just wondering if anyone has had experience with a thick lining like this and if he's proceeded to transfer? etc .. any information would be helpful as I am seriously thinking our current dr has been negligent with this cycle and letting my lining get so thick!

cheers and thanks in advance