Closed Thread
Page 73 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepontryin13 View Post
    This sounds perfect! We plan to announce on our 7 year wedding anniversary when I'll be 13 weeks! So the timing is great How exciting! We want to know the gender. But wouldn't be telling anyone until closer to the time. We are sick of waiting for things!!!!
    We were the same found out gender and have kept it to ourselves. I like to be organised ☺

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Keepontryin13  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keepontryin13 yeah my nuchal scan is 12 weeks 5 days ? Well I sore charlotte as my ob at 9 weeks 5 days and started me at 10 weeks weening off everything . So every 5 days I think it was I was dropping down in amounts. So tomorrow I'm 12 weeks and I'll be off all apart from aspirin and prednisone. Tonight is my last pessarie !! All of the drugs she said I could stop wazza supplements apart from folic acid that's till 14 weeks. Exciting times for you too. Still doesn't feel real I just feel like I'm hung over over and sea sick. Maybe once I announce it then it will feel more feel. Hubby doesn't want to know gender and I do. So when I find out coloured clothing will be stored at my mums haha

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rosie8888 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (17-08-2016),Keepontryin13  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rosie8888 I cant wait to get off the drugs! Particularly the pessaries!!! Hooray for your last one tonight!!! Hopefully she starts to wean me off some meds from Monday My sickness has got a little worse off the past couple of days - just all day nausea and sore boobs all the time!!! Having said that today is not too bad..nothing compared to what you have had to put up with! Have you decided how your going to announce on facebook? Have you told anyone that your expecting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keepontryin13 I'm sure we will feel more human once off it all. I keep waking up during the night , hence my 3am post this morning. I'm sure she will start to or give you the plan to wean off it. I was actually really scared for some reason to start weening off. You poor thing I hope you are resting and taking it easy. I defiantly found that helped the sickness. Chocolate milk, cheese and kfc chips have been my savour. I haven't got the sore boobs? So the day of he nuchal scan which is Tuesday I'll text all the wedding guest the poem and a pic. Then a few days later will post up a pic of hubby and I with these cute card that says where pregnant. I told hubby we have to take photos for the wedding guest so he has agreed. He said not to put them on Fb but he doesn't use it so he won't know haha!! My work know and a close family and a few friends cause I've been Mia action so much. It's the first grand child for his family so his parents and sibling know and 2 aunts who he is very close with. It's pretty cool cause no one knows apart from the above that we started IVF let alone positive. People ask when are we starting and I say my dr is away and I'm on pre meds so it will be like SURPRISE ! What about you how are you doing it? I'm also still ****ting my self over the nuchal scan for some reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rosie8888 I forgot you are having trouble sleeping as well!!! Just to add that to the mix! I'm definitely resting. Hubby wont let me do much! Wont even let me drive our 4WD as he thinks its too bumpy!! Quite sweet actually.... Your wedding guests will be sooooo happy! Sounds like a fantastic plan. 2 close friends and my boss know. I just want to tell my mum and sister as they have been through the whole process with us from the start but am holding off and like you I'm worried about the nuchal scan. Just with my age and our pregnancy last year we had a chromosomal abnormal baby (stopped growing at 6 weeks) Hopefully the harmony test will put my mind at ease before going into that one! I think because we have been trying for 6 years (IVF for 5) we will put something on facebook with our furbabies and a bit of a story about our struggle as we have kept it quite private. I think alot of people will be astounded as I'm always the girl with the smile on her face but deep down as most of us girls would know your dying inside when things dont go to plan and everyone around you is getting pregnant! We wont do the facebook thing until later though as I want my closest friends and family to know first. FB can wait!! I actually tear up at the thought of announcing it....it would be like a dream...............

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keepontryin13 I look at it as my body getting ready for 6 months down the track oh that's adorable of him. It's quiet incredible how our hubbys can be protective. I have not done cooking or cleaning since I started the cycle. Oh I'm sorry to hear about what you went through last year :-( harmony will defiantly help ease your mind. What a journey you have been through. Defiantly know about dying feeling and I only experience it for a short time compared to what some of you ladies have felt. A long dream of yours is coming true Hun xxx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rosie8888 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (17-08-2016),Keepontryin13  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepontryin13 View Post
    @Rosie8888 I forgot you are having trouble sleeping as well!!! Just to add that to the mix! I'm definitely resting. Hubby wont let me do much! Wont even let me drive our 4WD as he thinks its too bumpy!! Quite sweet actually.... Your wedding guests will be sooooo happy! Sounds like a fantastic plan. 2 close friends and my boss know. I just want to tell my mum and sister as they have been through the whole process with us from the start but am holding off and like you I'm worried about the nuchal scan. Just with my age and our pregnancy last year we had a chromosomal abnormal baby (stopped growing at 6 weeks) Hopefully the harmony test will put my mind at ease before going into that one! I think because we have been trying for 6 years (IVF for 5) we will put something on facebook with our furbabies and a bit of a story about our struggle as we have kept it quite private. I think alot of people will be astounded as I'm always the girl with the smile on her face but deep down as most of us girls would know your dying inside when things dont go to plan and everyone around you is getting pregnant! We wont do the facebook thing until later though as I want my closest friends and family to know first. FB can wait!! I actually tear up at the thought of announcing it....it would be like a dream...............
    I hear you with the dream announcement thing mate. Im so glad your dream is coming true xox When i first told my boss, who i adore, she is like a mum -at -work to me, that i was ttc/ivf, when she wanted to ask me how i was going, she would say, "is it time for me to start knitting booties yet?". Unfortunately the answer has always been, "no, not yet". Eventually she stopped asking because it was making us both sad. But my dream, which i constantly visualise and imagine doing, is WHEN i finally get my bfp and i know all is going well, im gonna buy a box and put a yarn of wool and 2 knitting needles in it with a note saying, "its time!" And just leave it on her desk to discover without saying anything. I also dream about getting in the car and driving round to personally tell all my friends who know how hard we've struggled. Im also looking forward to seeing there faces when i say, "so i popped over to athens to do ivf with a donor and now im pregnant". Lol, we live in a small town n i dont think anyones even heard of overseas donor ivf! Lol and i dream about having twins and not telling a single soul until their born. I imagine this scene where im holding one baby when my mum comes to visit me in hospital and then i casually say, "oh yeah, there's another one over there in that crib". I love preparing surprises! Gosh i hope my dreams come true too, but if mine cant, im really glad other people's dreams can come true xox

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge I hope your dream isn't to far away. Is it 5 weeks till take off? That twins thing is the best I've heard that is great. It's time thing is so cute also. Please film some of the reactions.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie8888 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    I hear you with the dream announcement thing mate. Im so glad your dream is coming true xox When i first told my boss, who i adore, she is like a mum -at -work to me, that i was ttc/ivf, when she wanted to ask me how i was going, she would say, "is it time for me to start knitting booties yet?". Unfortunately the answer has always been, "no, not yet". Eventually she stopped asking because it was making us both sad. But my dream, which i constantly visualise and imagine doing, is WHEN i finally get my bfp and i know all is going well, im gonna buy a box and put a yarn of wool and 2 knitting needles in it with a note saying, "its time!" And just leave it on her desk to discover without saying anything. I also dream about getting in the car and driving round to personally tell all my friends who know how hard we've struggled. Im also looking forward to seeing there faces when i say, "so i popped over to athens to do ivf with a donor and now im pregnant". Lol, we live in a small town n i dont think anyones even heard of overseas donor ivf! Lol and i dream about having twins and not telling a single soul until their born. I imagine this scene where im holding one baby when my mum comes to visit me in hospital and then i casually say, "oh yeah, there's another one over there in that crib". I love preparing surprises! Gosh i hope my dreams come true too, but if mine cant, im really glad other people's dreams can come true xox
    @gorgeousgeorge I was to the point of never believing it would happen. Honestly 13 Ivf cycles and a few FETs thrown in there...it was getting tough. This was going to be our last year as mentally I couldn't keep going. DH said he possibly could have but he wasn't doing the physical side of things. He never gave up hope....and I thank him for that now. We are by all means not out of the woods yet that's for sure but things are looking promising. It really is like a dream. Your story of telling your boss is beautiful. I'm sure you'll get to put that box together soon. I'll be watching your journey. I really do admire anyone going through the this and even so going overseas for donor. Trust me we were close. Keep dreaming and try to stay positive xxx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

Rosie8888  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, yes @Rosie8888 5 weeks and 3 days today :-) I really liked your wishing well idea coz if i was a guest id love to be thinking that in some way i helped to gift you with a baby. And i love how your thankyou cards are connected to the big announcement :-) I guess thats one good thing about it all taking a while, ive had lots of time to think things through, think of names, learn stuff and be sure this is what i really want. If it ever happens though I'll prob still freak right out though! My DH and me eloped in thailand in december and didnt tell anyone at all until we got back on christmas eve, then we told out parents in person, then went home and posted on facebook "So, this happened..." and just added a wedding photo. It was so funny and exciting! We spent the rest of christmas eve watching all our friends' posts pop up on the feed for hours. And id already planned to host christmas dinner at our house the next day so that was like our belated 'reception'. (Yes-i got home from a 24 hour international flight on christmas eve, then prepped and cooked for Christmas dinner for 18 people that night, then hosted a whole family christmas the next day.)