Closed Thread
Page 58 of 125 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside that makes me suspect we've both had conversations with the same scientist. Thank goodness for the nurses! At least you get the first few days with the nurses' reports, although things can turn around (and around again) between EPU and ET/PGD.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @newbeginnings284 is there any chance Wazza will want to transfer any dodgy embies? He always had me prepare for a transfer, even when we did PGD as he likes to transfer any that are still going day 5/6 that aren't good enough for PGD. I hope you get good reports this week. Grow little embies grow!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Thats hard @LittleDove and very confusing if they were immature after being a goid size on the screen. Its seems its hard getting the embies initially to the blast stage but yes it puts another side to it all together when they then have to be tested. We have only had 1 normal embie from last 2 cycles with big numbers so liking our chances.

Can anyone help with how I can get updates on the embies over the weekend if we get that far?
    Just trying to decided when to phone for updates. Do we just phone the lab? My experience speaking to the embryologist hasn't been good in the past they are very blunt and to the point not sure I can cope with them telling me very directly that I have nothing left.
    @Heyside I have had to call on numerous times on weekends and get good scientists and other times get really blunt ones. There is one guy and cant think of his name but sounds quite young and have spoken to him a fair bit of the time...hoping you get him. But I agree with the other ladies sometimes they tell you one thing one day and the next day it was totally different to what they told you the day before...WTF?

I really feel for you. This was always the most stressful part of the whole process for me...even more than the 2WW. Fingers really crossed for you and hoping your embies keep pushing through over the next few days.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (04-08-2016),Heyside  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everyone will see what the nurses say tomorrow and then pluck up the courage over the weekend to face ringing the scientists.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you feeling this morning Heyside? I'm still in quite a bit of pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no sorry to hear that @LittleDove, are you taking some sort of pain relief? Ihave come out of this EPU pretty well to be honest and feel pretty good. Last cycle with 29 eggs I suffered more though mainly with bloating. Hope things improve for you soon hun maybe speak to the nurses if its concerning you. Are you phoning for an update today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not surprised I'm feeling so crap, this was the biggest EPU I've had so far. I've taken some nurofen but it doesn't seem to be helping too much. Yes I think I'm going to call today. My hubby didn't think I should but I feel I want to. I know th number is going to go down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got prescribed some tramadol this time I haven't needed it at all but maybe you need something like that hun something stronger than nurofen. Good luck with your results then will be thinking of you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I called and today we have 6 embryos! That truly was a surprise! 2 embryos are looking odd but they other 4 are looking good. I was expecting to lose at least a couple. Will see what happens tomorrow. Did you call Heyside or have you decided to leave it for today?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (04-08-2016),newbeginnings284  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness @LittleDove that is the most amazing news that must have been a shock to you a fantastic outcome so far. I have chickened out for today so no not calling.