Closed Thread
Page 57 of 112 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @LittleDove fingers crossed for your 5!! The drop offs are so hard!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newbeginnings284 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (03-08-2016),LittleDove  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    can someone remind me of Wazza's special supplement mixture to help with ivf? All i can remember is fish oil, melatonin and inositol but i know there are a heap more! Whilst im not giving up on our 5 embies, i want to put a 90 day plan together to help improve egg quality

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    10 were immature, so they did icsi on 14... Out of those 3 didnt do anything and 5 showed no signs of fertilizing but 5 were ok... Not sure about the remaining 1. Our usually drop off fast too so don't know if any will get to PGD on Monday!
    Oh hun thats hard, did you have lots of smaller follies at your last scan that account for your immature eggs? I know we did Warren was hopeful a boost of menapur would help them to grow but it didn't work. It seems yesterday just wasn't lucky for either of us but in different ways. Extra hard when we both need pgd. Did you use the embryoscope hun? We did so can get daily updates but I now don't know if I can face that.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    can someone remind me of Wazza's special supplement mixture to help with ivf? All i can remember is fish oil, melatonin and inositol but i know there are a heap more! Whilst im not giving up on our 5 embies, i want to put a 90 day plan together to help improve egg quality
    Here's the plan of meds hun
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the list!
    I always have some that are immature but I didn't think there would be that many. They sort of all looked the same size on the screen. We are doing embryoscope too but as you say, not sure I want to have daily updates. The PGD just adds another whole level to it all. Mine is for a translocation so the number of genetically ok embryos is fairly low.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats hard @LittleDove and very confusing if they were immature after being a goid size on the screen. Its seems its hard getting the embies initially to the blast stage but yes it puts another side to it all together when they then have to be tested. We have only had 1 normal embie from last 2 cycles with big numbers so liking our chances.

Can anyone help with how I can get updates on the embies over the weekend if we get that far?
    Just trying to decided when to phone for updates. Do we just phone the lab? My experience speaking to the embryologist hasn't been good in the past they are very blunt and to the point not sure I can cope with them telling me very directly that I have nothing left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Ok fert results are in for me and it's not great. All 9 eggs were mature but we only have 4 embryos. 4 didn't survive and 1 didn't fertilise. So with the huge drop off I usually get at day 4 we will lucky to have any this cycle 😳. Maybe I should start focusing on our frostie and hoping it survives the thaw.
    Oh honey, thinking of you. I know I've said it before but you only need that one and I'm really hoping that it's all youll need. I really wish there was something I could do to help. Big hugs xo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside you just ring the lab at 9ish on the weekend - Wazza says 7 or 8, but that is too soon for them. I've found it very variable as to how clear and empathic they are. One time I thought all our embies had gone caput, but it was just a miscommunication. I'd be ready to clarify what they say. So I'd speak to the nurse on Friday and list the status of each embryo and then see if that correlates with what they say on Saturday, so you can say to the lab technician "is that the X cell, grade X from yesterday, it's growing well or stopped etc". Some of the lab technicians are great on the hone, but others not so much. Good luck with your embies - hopefully they are steadily growing as you read this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside Did you say you're doing PGD but have started progesterone after egg collection? I'm doing PGD and have my massive bags of goodies but haven't been told to start anything. Just double checking that there's nothing I've missed. I only got the bag after the receptionist told me about buying it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gagingi - Thanks for the info hun, will hope that I get a very empathetic scientist on the other end of the phone and I will have to clarify everything. On my first cycle someone very abruptly told me I only had one embryo and my transfer would probably be canceled for the day and to ring Warren. I was in pieces on the other end of the phone only to find out we had another 5 they were leaving until day 6 to see if they developed into blastocysts.
    @newbeginnings284 - Yes hun we are doing PGD with the fresh embies from this cycle but we are transfering a PGD normal from our last cycle on Monday so have started the meds as if it was a fresh cycle.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's really great Heyside!! I'm really excited for you! I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for you 😃

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (04-08-2016)