Closed Thread
Page 43 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsparso I'm doing ok today thank, struggling to eat but at least it has stayed down. I hope you can rest up and all will be fine for you xxxx thinking of you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @newbeginnings284 I know how you feel it's so disheartening. I was on 300 gonal f and managed to get 6 eggs collected 1 frozen and the one transfered was bfp. As all these lovely ladies explained to me it only takes 1 golden egg xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @newbeginnings284 - Great news on your egg collection hun. I think Warren tells you to have intercourse incase he misses an egg, it gives you the extra chance of pregnancy. He usually tells you also to either have intercourse after egg collection or use other methods to get the sperm inside. My clinic used to say to abstain also but Warren thinks slightly differently that most he takes the risk. Don't be too disheartened with 6 eggs hun, @Rosie888 is right all we need is one golden egg. Yes hun I was there this morning I would have seen you its strange speaking on here isnt it and not knowing who is who in Warren's room.
    @Rosie8888 - You sound like you are really suffering with the sickness hun hope it improves soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsparso View Post
    Just to update you ladies. We had a bit of a scare this morning. I had some bleeding. So headed in to see Wazza. Bub is still doing ok but I'd had another vessel ooze/rupture. So now on official bed rest until 12 weeks. He's also increased some of my meds and put me on some extra support meds and valium. Not going to be easy with my 1 and a half year old but hopefully between DH and my mum we can work it out.
    @Heyside i have to apologise to you as I think i may have pushed ahead of you this morning. I thought it was you waiting and wanted to say hi but was feeling very anxious. I hope i didn't cause you too much inconvenience and i hope your scan went well xo
    Oh honey that's enough to make anyone anxious but good news re all ok and bedrest. As hard as its gonna be it'll all be worth it! Sending big hugs and let us know if there's anythung we can do for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepontryin13 View Post
    So I have been quite anxious the past couple of days as my MS and other symptoms have started to settle down and I started to spot a bit of brown. Called Kate and she said sounds like its nothing to worry about.....but if you wanted to put your mind at ease I can refer you for a scan up your way ( we have our first scan with Charlotte booked on Monday in Brissy)....So after talking to DH we decided to go for the scan to put our minds at ease...(the worrying never stops!)

Bub is measuring 6wks 4days (I think I'm 6 wks 5 days) and a strong heart beat so pretty relieved! But I have a burst blood vessle so there is a high risk of miscarriage so Charlotte has placed me on cyklokapron and valium and an extra pessarie to heal it. Has anyone else had this? How long does it take to heal? She has said for me to take it easy.... Gosh you go from one extreme to the next!

I actually feel so exhausted from the anxiety and stress! Hope everyone else is travelling along ok....
    Oh honey, sorry to hear your going through this. It's so hard to focus on amything else. I had that very early on with my pregnancy and wazza put me on all 3 also. It depends on your body but you need to really take it easy. I took a week off work and did nothing which helped. Thinking of you xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Keepontryin13  (27-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by newbeginnings284 View Post
    Hi Ladies, I'm going on egg collection on Friday morn. Warren told me to have intercourse tonight and tomorrow morning. I assumed it was to assist with the sperm sample quality but any ideas if its for another reason? In that case I'm thinking I can sit it out!! So exhausted and mentally drained, at the moment so its the last thing I feel like doing. Another q...if we do I'm assuming its meant to be protected?? My last FS told me to abstain from sex before egg pick up - so confused!!
    Great news re egg collection honey. You only need 1 egg. It's gonna happen. Sending all my good vibes for you and also @Heyside xx
    Last edited by Chyna; 28-07-2016 at 07:03.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    How long does it take to get the PGD results back? If you have EPU on Monday then would you consider doing a day 3 biopsy instead?
    @LittleDove the results take a few weeks, although one time we got them back in less than a fortnight - maybe just over a week, but they say three weeks I think.

We did 3-day PGD one time due to pickup day. It is a lot more expensive. If I remember correctly it was about $3,000 even if only 1 embryo (compared to $700 for 5-day PGD per embryo). With 3 day they also only extract one cell and it is less accurate - with 5-day they take a few cells from what will become the placenta. A few times I've talked to the PGD scientists and they are good at explaining it all.
    Good luck with your cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @newbeginnngs284 definitely don't use protection. As the others have said DTD is in case an egg is missed, but also the more often you DTD the higher your fertility will be. Sperm has protein which helps prepare the uterus and I think also helps with eggs maturing. My DH investigated this when we were cycling and he and Wazza had great chats about it . Ask the nurses for some specimen jars and syringes if you're not up to it.

Good luck with EPU.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @LittleDove the results take a few weeks, although one time we got them back in less than a fortnight - maybe just over a week, but they say three weeks I think.

We did 3-day PGD one time due to pickup day. It is a lot more expensive. If I remember correctly it was about $3,000 even if only 1 embryo (compared to $700 for 5-day PGD per embryo). With 3 day they also only extract one cell and it is less accurate - with 5-day they take a few cells from what will become the placenta. A few times I've talked to the PGD scientists and they are good at explaining it all.
    Good luck with your cycle.
    I think this confirms for me that 3 day testing is not for us, at day 3 last cycle we still had 19 embryos but by day 6 we only had 3 blasts. Think this will mean if epu is Monday we will have to freeze all and thaw out later for testing 😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NewBeginnings what @Gagingi said is right, warren said the sugar and protein is really good for the lining to also help get it ready. You also have to the night of epu also, I was to sore to do it so I got given a syringe to insert it into me. Funny I know but hey what ever helps and works xx