Closed Thread
Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1111
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Sorry LillyM, but all I did was just tell you that Wazza suggested I stop the DHEA on day 2. I thought it might help because I know you like to do research and try different things. I wasn't trying to tell you what to do, I thought I was helping.

He suggested a different protocol (so doing straight antagonist) because he didn't think the last one I was on worked, even tho I got 10 eggs. I trust him, but it doesn't mean a different protocol may work for me. I'm reading Dr Sher's site where he talks about straight antagonist doesn't work for women over 39 or for women who are poor responders. I'm just really nervous and thinking the worst with all this reading i'm doing. I do trust him, it's just I don't trust my body to do what it's supposed to do. I'm really hoping it does, cos I'm investing a lot in this cycle and throwing the kitchen sink at it.. I'm just freaking out.
    @pingc383 I really think we had a misunderstanding as I'm all for sharing info, doing researches, suggesting ideas etc!

I guess what I was trying to tell you is maybe to try and feel a bit safer now that you're with Warren as I know too much how bloody stressful this is.

The way I see things is there a 2 fertility schools: Wazza vs Sher.
    They don't seem to agree on everything.

So if you pick a school and you go for it, but then read on the other one, well that's a guaranteed freak out! (I know it coz I did it!)

So I say when u pick one, you gotta give all the credit you can and don't look back. Otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts. If it doesn't work out, maybe then you could indeed look at the other one?

This is very personal obviously.

I just hope you got my point as it bugs me that you felt attacked when I was trying to support u xx

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (27-09-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-09-2016),Maxwellsmum  (27-09-2016),pingc383  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm still waiting for my DHEA script! Still not sure about it lol
    lol I have the bottle sitting at home and keep changing my mind

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by ange1111 View Post
    BIB I can see that you've done three cycles with Wazza. Why did they change up the timing of the transfers e.g. D2-D4? And...did you do anything different for your last round to get your golden eggie? PS I love your comments and support in here... Thank you

I only did Cycle's 4 and 5 with him Luv and changed the timing of transfer to days that were convenient for my Ex and I as I need to loaded up on drugs (Pethadine/Valium) as transfers are excrutiatingly painful for me due to scarring on my cervix due to past Gynae surgery so I needed a "Deso Driver" and the Ex could only get certain days off at the time due to having an A/Hole of a boss

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Unfortunately, he didn't have a chance to read my file or look at my BT results. He was running very late and I was told that morning about the cancellation.

I had BT results for DHEAS, free testosterone and SBHG, etc, which were within range. That's why I'm concerned about DHEA and menopur.

He initially suggested down reg antagonist protocol, but I told him I'd already tried that, so he crossed that out and put some other plan on there, some cross over plan, but apparently changed his mind.

He said we best try something different and see. He said it may not work, he just wants to try something different.

That's fine, I've already said I trust him. I'm just nervous about it, that's all.
    I did the AAEP protocol as you know so he may try you on that.

I know at the time I was Cycling with Wazza he liked your P4 levels to be 6 and under. My original FS liked 4 and under. If you're worried. Give the Nurses a call or write an email and ask Luv.

I took his list of supplements and drugs for almost 7 months straight (including the DHEA/Melatonin) between Cycles 4 and 5 with no issues and did Puregon/Menopur protocol for Cycle 5. I also had my DHEA levels tested and yep, they were through the frucking roof as you would imagine them to be but it made no difference at all for me personally.

All my BT's were in range too to start with but I also knew that taking the DHEA/Melatonin was an experimental thing for egg quality/numbers so I decided to roll the dice as I was taking a "leave no stone unturned" approach while I was Cycling.

You can only do what feels comfortable to do for you. If you don't want to do it, then don't. Or, if you want to cut the dose down to 2 caps instead of 3 a day then do etc, etc. Do what you know you will walk away having no regrets over

He will have read your file at some stage Luv, rest assured.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    You will interested to know that Wazza doesn't do the AAEP anymore!! I asked him about it and he reckons he didn't notice a difference with it so only does it as a last resort if you've tried everything else!!! How about that?!

Thanks for the advice love. I'm going to have to email his rooms and ask about this progesterone thing, because he didn't mention it to me and I'd like to know exactly what the level has to be before trigger.

Thanks for your post hun. I'm going to do exactly what he tells me, otherwise I'm going to have regrets, esp if I get it wrong. And clearly, I'm no expert and all confused with everything I've read.. So I'll leave it in his capable hands!!

Well there you go!!! He very well may have revised the P4 levels too?? Who knows?? Things can change quickly in "IVF World" as there's so much research being done and new technology becoming available things do tend to move quickly which is a good thing!!!

Please update when you get a reply

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so I have confirmed that Wazza likes progesterone to be less than 3.5 before trigger...
    Did he explain why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside think of you often

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie8888 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (28-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS said nothing about progesterone either!!!! I'm going to get my BT results from last few cycles and if my p4 is above 4, im going to ask for my money back lol
    I wish I could get my money back for my first two cycles... second cycle was done when bloods showed slightly elevated nk cells and doctor didn't push for biopsy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    Not exactly are you using FSH? If not then they will offer you a few days to select from but normally it's a week or so later. Usually day 19 onwards.
    Using FSH for a frozen transfer? I didn't know that was done? Not that I know...just Clexane injection and some tablets and a gel. Ok thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

A few people were talking about DHEA - I'm not sure who exactly to direct this to but I can only say my experience. After being on DHEA, melatonin and COQ10 for 3 months my 1st cycle with Warren (IVF take 2) so much better than my 1st cycle with another FS. With the other I got 10 eggs, 4 mature, 1 made it to day 6 and was abnormal. With Warren I got 7 eggs, 6 mature 4 made it to day 5 PGD and 3 are normal. I'm now doing a back to back banking cycle. EPU is scheduled for Fri and WDA thinks I'll get 20 eggs!! Unheard of compared to last cycles and my levels. I dont know if it's from DHEA (now been on for 5 months) or what but something has changed!!! Will keep you posted on quality - slightly freaked out that more will mean bad quality but I have everything crossed!!

I did read that DHEA needs at least 3 months to assist. I personally am glad I took it for so long.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to newbeginnings284 For This Useful Post:

Btae  (27-09-2016),Gagingi  (27-09-2016),Grace1  (27-09-2016),LillyM  (28-09-2016),nattie84  (27-09-2016)