Closed Thread
Page 110 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1111
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Also @LillyM, did you take DHEA every single day for 2.5 months? Wazza makes you stop it on day 2... I reckon if you continued to take it throughout your stim cycle, you would have caused your testosterone to increase, which as a result, has a negative effect on egg quality..

pingc383 I'm glad your excited and that you saw wazza for your first consult but please leave the medication advice for wazza and his nurses. After a few cycles you might get a clearer idea of how wazza works but he quite often changes things up from cycle to cycle and I'd hate for you to tell someone the wrong medication advice. Even if it's just the vitamins.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-09-2016),Btae  (26-09-2016),mummymaybe  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis-Wazza appreciation thread #4

@pingc383, No PCOS for me, I'm a poor responder tho.
    I did stop the Dhea before stimming.

As I said: things work for some ladies and not the others. I'm all up for changing things around and experimenting.
    I know that Dr Sher has a different view than Warren about Dhea and other things.

However I second @Maxwellsmum in saying that you are in good hands with Warren and should leave it with him.

See I always question my current FS and have been naughty doing things she would never have approved. But my FS is dumb and would make me repeat over and over the same protocol!

With Warren/Charlotte I would never question what they tell me to do and I cannot wait for my appt on Dec to finally have that peace of mind! Knowing that I'm with the best FS in the country and finally let go and let them do their job!

You picked Warren and got lucky enough to have an early appt, embrace it!

Xx

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (27-09-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-09-2016),Btae  (27-09-2016),Gagingi  (27-09-2016),Maxwellsmum  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyM View Post
    @pingc383, No PCOS for me, I'm a poor responder tho.
    I did stop the Dhea before stimming.

As I said: things work for some ladies and not the others. I'm all up for changing things around and experimenting.
    I know that Dr Sher has a different view than Warren about Dhea and other things.

However I second @Maxwellsmum in saying that you are in good hands with Warren and should leave it with him.

See I always question my current FS and have been naughty doing things she would never have approved. But my FS is dumb and would make me repeat over and over the same protocol!

With Warren/Charlotte I would never question what they tell me to do and I cannot wait for my appt on Dec to finally have that peace of mind! Knowing that I'm with the best FS in the country and finally let go and let them do their job!

You picked Warren and got lucky enough to have an early appt, embrace it!

Xx
    Frustrates me how some FS do that and just keep trying the same thing, saying "it's a numbers game". Makes me sad when I speak to some ladies who don't want to have an open mind and do their own research, instead just trusting their FS..

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Btae  (27-09-2016),LillyM  (27-09-2016),Maxwellsmum  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Frustrates me how some FS do that and just keep trying the same thing, saying "it's a numbers game". Makes me sad when I speak to some ladies who don't want to have an open mind and do their own research, instead just trusting their FS..

Absolutely with Warren I find I have to research too as I've never heard of some of the things he puts on my plans. I've had about eight plans from him altogether and they are all very different.

He's not like most FS'S. He's the fourth one I've seem in my TTC journey and now I stick to him like glue because I have no doubt he's the only FS who can get me a BFP.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (27-09-2016),Grace1  (27-09-2016),LillyM  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nattie84 yeah I know...

In a way, the fact that my FS wouldn't try anything else than a standard protocol kinda triggered the need of doing my own researches, as well as joining bh and meet fabulous experienced ladies on this thread and others from whom I learnt SO MUCH!

If it wasn't for them, I wd never heard of Wazza and Charlotte either.
    So I guess I'm trying to look at the positive.

However, I feel like wazza/charlotte know their sh1t so well that I'm gonna be able to FINALLY feel safe their hands. As in doing the right thing.

Nothing worse than doubting your own FS. As if Ivf is not hard enough....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the record, I am trusting Warren, but it doesn't mean I should stop reading and understanding how everything works. Please get off my case.
    @pingc383 I was referring to me not trusting my current FS, not you!

Plz don't take it the wrong way..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry LillyM, but all I did was just tell you that Wazza suggested I stop the DHEA on day 2. I thought it might help because I know you like to do research and try different things. I wasn't trying to tell you what to do, I thought I was helping.

He suggested a different protocol (so doing straight antagonist) because he didn't think the last one I was on worked, even tho I got 10 eggs. I trust him, but it doesn't mean a different protocol may work for me. I'm reading Dr Sher's site where he talks about straight antagonist doesn't work for women over 39 or for women who are poor responders. I'm just really nervous and thinking the worst with all this reading i'm doing. I do trust him, it's just I don't trust my body to do what it's supposed to do. I'm really hoping it does, cos I'm investing a lot in this cycle and throwing the kitchen sink at it.. I'm just freaking out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry LillyM, but all I did was just tell you that Wazza suggested I stop the DHEA on day 2. I thought it might help because I know you like to do research and try different things. I wasn't trying to tell you what to do, I thought I was helping.

He suggested a different protocol (so doing straight antagonist) because he didn't think the last one I was on worked, even tho I got 10 eggs. I trust him, but it doesn't mean a different protocol may work for me. I'm reading Dr Sher's site where he talks about straight antagonist doesn't work for women over 39 or for women who are poor responders. I'm just really nervous and thinking the worst with all this reading i'm doing. I do trust him, it's just I don't trust my body to do what it's supposed to do. I'm really hoping it does, cos I'm investing a lot in this cycle and throwing the kitchen sink at it.. I'm just freaking out.

It was me who suggested it not LillyM.

Because it's dangerous. At the start of the year I was going to increase my fish oil from Warren's dose to a much higher dose based off reading advice of the Internet and just by pure luck I mentioned it to someone who knew their stuff before I did it as Warren uses a lot of blood thinning meds and if I had of increased my fish oil it could have potentially affected this and resulted in me thinning my blood out way more than necessary.

There's no harm in researching ect as I do it too and take those suggestions to Warren or his nurse for sure. I do that as well. If I hear someone has tried something else I run it past him. Sometimes he says no don't bother as its for x,y or z and you don't have that Or he'll say I don't believe it will make a difference but I'll do it anyway ect. He's pretty awesome like that.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (27-09-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey ping,

i don't blame you for being nervous. This is nerve wracking stuff and we all have so much invested it working! We all just REALLY want the next cycle to work... Tbh even if I'm with the best Fs there is - I'm still gonna be worried about something!

fwiw When I got my bfp at 40 - it was with a straight antagonist cycle.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grace1 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (27-09-2016),LillyM  (27-09-2016),Maxwellsmum  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    My progesterone has never been under 4 for transfer.......... He didn't mention that to me.... My progesterone day before EPU was 437.. I'm sure it takes ages to get it down to under 4!!!!!!

Thought I'd quickly let you know that your P4 level will rise after you take your Trigger shot Luv. So it's the level prior to Trigger that is the one that counts not what it is after that matters for transfer.

I know you also asked about the Menopur/Puregon combination and egg quality too but I can't find that post now. I took that combination on my last Cycle and it was that Cycle I got my BFFP with DD so it didn't affect my egg quality.

Wazza knows what he's doing and wouldn't give you that FSH if he thought it would affect your eggs. He's seen your file Luv and read your BT results and probably sent you for more BT's as well so there's no way he's going to give you any FSH that's going to compromise egg quality for you and ruin your chances of getting the best eggs you're capable of producing ok???

You just have to trust that he knows what he's doing and any concerns you have most definitely call/email his Nurses with questions that they'll ask him for you
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 27-09-2016 at 11:00.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (27-09-2016),LillyM  (27-09-2016),Maxwellsmum  (27-09-2016)