Closed Thread
Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Rosie8888 ginger nuts are a great idea! Hopefully the ginger will stave off MS too. Are you on prednisone? That can make you hungry, but also reduces MS apparently.

I'm still craving savoury foods like rocket and tomato, plus gallons of milk. I'd love pizza, but am not keen on vegetarian and cannot have ham or re-heated chicken/meats. I have found cafes/restaurants are very helpful when I explain why I want decaf and burnt steak , but some menus are just impossible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sumteng love it. What type is safe to eat?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie8888 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sumteng View Post
    10w4d (not that I'm counting ). I'm not looking forward to going back f/t work, but just enough to ween off meds so my brain actually feels like it does know how to work, even occasionally and at least pretend to function back at work p/t. I can't even remember to take meds on time and it's almost the only thing I have on my "to do" lists apart from channel flipping . It's sitting on a fold out table literally within reach of me, next to the remote *sigh*
    @sumteng I imagine CM will start weaning your meds when she sees you. You must have a bad case of cabin fever by now - it's been weeks! I've found it very difficult to get back to work - which is from home. Lying around you lose so much fitness. I'm not sure when pregnancy brain kicks in - or is yours from Valium? I'm so tired and now that I'm off prednisone I get more MS (at night ). When do you see CM?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gagingi my mum told me she lived on them during her pregnancies. No prednisone , savoury sounds good to me ;-) burnt steak I didn't even think of steak. Does wazza say we can have 1 coffee a
    Day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie8888 View Post
    @sumteng love it. What type is safe to eat?
    @Rosie8888 I stay away from anything with ham, deli meats, seafood, cream sauces etc. And if it rocks up home only half warm from when DH gets back, I make him heat it up in the grill again just to be extra safe!!! I also only get the thin and crispy base to reduce the carb loading. If in doubt, you can make your own so you can throw in spinach or something your system needs.

Just got hungry again ... am going to steam up some fatty fish. Geeze this self inflicted guilt thing really sux!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sumteng For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (04-07-2016),Rosie8888  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @sumteng I imagine CM will start weaning your meds when she sees you. You must have a bad case of cabin fever by now - it's been weeks! I've found it very difficult to get back to work - which is from home. Lying around you lose so much fitness. I'm not sure when pregnancy brain kicks in - or is yours from Valium? I'm so tired and now that I'm off prednisone I get more MS (at night ). When do you see CM?
    @Gaginginext Mon! cabin fever when I look forward to intralipids/CM appointments. Baby brain is definitely meds cocktail with valium - my last count, 39 meds/vitamins a day, plus berocca, x6 gels, x4 pessaries. The amount of weight I'm putting on is also making it hard to move about, esp with clexane bruise pain and hard to sleep. No so bad with MS ( it stays that way). Really, can't complain cos this is my first successful bubba in the making - just first world problems whilst under bed arrest

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sumteng For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (05-07-2016),Gagingi  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sumteng View Post
    @Gaginginext Mon! cabin fever when I look forward to intralipids/CM appointments. Baby brain is definitely meds cocktail with valium - my last count, 39 meds/vitamins a day, plus berocca, x6 gels, x4 pessaries. The amount of weight I'm putting on is also making it hard to move about, esp with clexane bruise pain and hard to sleep. No so bad with MS ( it stays that way). Really, can't complain cos this is my first successful bubba in the making - just first world problems whilst under bed arrest
    @sumteng CM appointments are great 'cause you get to see bub! Intralipids not so much... You'd only have one intralipids left now? Yep meds sound like what I was on and I saw CM at about same stage for first OB appointment and she reduced meds quite quickly, although has needed to add a few more. Prednisone, Clexane, and pessaries were through to 13-14 weeks. Weight gain is awful, but that is a side effect of IVF for many of us. I guess it gives us an idea of what is to come. Fish at 11.00pm - eww!

PS - with your pizza ingredients - what's left? Vegetarian?
    Last edited by Gagingi; 05-07-2016 at 00:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie8888 View Post
    @Gagingi my mum told me she lived on them during her pregnancies. No prednisone , savoury sounds good to me ;-) burnt steak I didn't even think of steak. Does wazza say we can have 1 coffee a Day?
    @Rosie8888 I'm not sure what Wazza says about coffee. FS#1 reluctantly agreed to one/day, but I felt guilted into none by him and gave it up five IVF cycles ago (FS#1 was very conservative). I have healthily pregnant friends who live on coffee as they are so fatigued, so I suspect I'm being overly cautious - I might check with OB as I'd love one in the morning. I only drink decaf when out as I cannot make a drinkable one at home, so morning drink is currently a glass of water.

Yep all meat must be well done to avoid toxoplasmosis (very bad for bub) and salmonella. I liked steak and fish early on (good protein, fats, and iron), but now they make me nauseous. I eat stews, roasts, and stirfrys. You also have to be careful of lettuce, rocket, spinach, and pre-made salads at cafes/restaurants as they might not have washed it properly (toxoplasmosis risk again). At home I carefully wash rocket and live on it. Sushi is out too - I'm not sure why.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rosie8888 have you been reading up on food safety during pregnancy? That will slow down your eating as it sometimes gets too hard to bother.
    Im with you on that one hun. It's hard going out for a meal these days. I did have pizza the other day and loved it. Just made sure it was super hot. I love steak amd seafood also. I've not touched steak since feb as i eat it med/rare and the thought of killing it well done would turn me off it lol. Seafood i just make sure its cooked really good first. Been hooking into the salmon amd vegs. I also dont eat pre made salads or subway etc as who knows how long ago they were cut. Hope your going well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rosie8888 I'm not sure what Wazza says about coffee. FS#1 reluctantly agreed to one/day, but I felt guilted into none by him and gave it up five IVF cycles ago (FS#1 was very conservative). I have healthily pregnant friends who live on coffee as they are so fatigued, so I suspect I'm being overly cautious - I might check with OB as I'd love one in the morning. I only drink decaf when out as I cannot make a drinkable one at home, so morning drink is currently a glass of water.

Yep all meat must be well done to avoid toxoplasmosis (very bad for bub) and salmonella. I liked steak and fish early on (good protein, fats, and iron), but now they make me nauseous. I eat stews, roasts, and stirfrys. You also have to be careful of lettuce, rocket, spinach, and pre-made salads at cafes/restaurants as they might not have washed it properly (toxoplasmosis risk again). At home I carefully wash rocket and live on it. Sushi is out too - I'm not sure why.
    Hi hun how are you going? I've given up coffee also. Wazza said 1 weak one a day is good but I've been having chai latte's instead. And soda water with lemon and lime in it.