Closed Thread
Page 103 of 125 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1241
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had Charlotte as my FS and couldn't ask for a more caring down to earth doctor. She does follow Warrens protocols and I know she consulted with him on my issues alot. I didnt want to wait for Wazza (only because my clock was ticking) and knew Charlotte was the next best thing. We travelled a 12 hour round trip every time we needed to see her. After 13 failed cycles I'm now 15 weeks pregnant after only 2 cycles (1 stim and 1 frozen). Would highly recommend her as she was my 4th FS so by this stage we definitely knew what we looking for!! A couple of weeks ago her waiting list was only 3 months...not sure now???

P.S. I was at the stage where I thought our only option was donor eggs but she said she didnt think we we needed to go down that path! I'm glad I listened to her!!!

Good Luck
    Last edited by Keepontryin13; 19-09-2016 at 15:10.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keepontryin13 thanks for taking the time to write about your experience.
    It gave me so much hope! Exactly the kind of things we need to read more often after multiple failed cycles...

I'm curious: what made the difference compared to all your previous cycles? Was is the protocol only? Or Did she find an issue that wasn't detected before?

12hrs trip!!! Wow.
    Can I ask you how many times in total you had to go and for how long? I have no idea how long is the very first appt for ex, and I'll have to organise flights and accommodation very soon...
    @ange1111 and @Grace1 - I have booked an appt with Charlotte on Dec (yes, around 3months wait at the moment) since I couldn't see Warren before July next year.

Charlotte is Warren's protégée. He trained her in the purpose of eventually replace him when he retires. Just the fact that he picked her gives her so much credit! At least imo.
    @ange1111 you're lucky, you're seeing her next week! How exciting!
    I can't wait to have your feedback!

But again, I read only good things about her before booking my appt with her

Really cannot wait to see her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Crap, maybe I should ask to go on her waiting list, although I don't think I can be on both Wazza and CM's cancellation list, is that right? It has to he one or the other, right?
    @pingc383, not sure if Charlotte has a cancellation list but I know for a fact that u can book with Warren (and be on his cancellation list) as well as booking with Charlotte, since it's what I've done.
    3 months wait with Charlotte will be probably sooner than your appt with Warren?

Up to you hun... To me, waiting till July was not an option although I still booked it just in case.

Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @pingc383 im sorry, it was me who said you couldnt be on both charlotte and wazzas appointment lists. I swear when i rang they would not let me make appointments with both. Im sorry if my info was innacurate and im glad theyve changed it so you can now be on both.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Grace1  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepontryin13 View Post
    I had Charlotte as my FS and couldn't ask for a more caring down to earth doctor. She does follow Warrens protocols and I know she consulted with him on my issues alot. I didnt want to wait for Wazza (only because my clock was ticking) and knew Charlotte was the next best thing. We travelled a 12 hour round trip every time we needed to see her. After 13 failed cycles I'm now 15 weeks pregnant after only 2 cycles (1 stim and 1 frozen). Would highly recommend her as she was my 4th FS so by this stage we definitely knew what we looking for!! A couple of weeks ago her waiting list was only 3 months...not sure now???

P.S. I was at the stage where I thought our only option was donor eggs but she said she didnt think we we needed to go down that path! I'm glad I listened to her!!!

Good Luck
    @Keepontryin13 hi :-) im hoping i could ask you some questions? Lol, im leaving for athens donor egg ivf on sunday BUT everytime i read a story like yours i start to get cold feet and think maybe i shoulda kept trying myself. I was wondering coz i cant see your signature, would you mind telling me what your fertility issues were etc... and what it was that made charlotte think you weren't ready for donor eggs yet and what she did differently that you think worked. Honestly, I dont even know why im asking because i am excited about getting on the plane on sunday to try and make some babies- lets just put it down to the ivf crazies :-)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (20-09-2016),Grace1  (19-09-2016),LillyM  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 hey there :-) yes, i was gonna see charlotte. Im so glad you mentioned this because its actually reminded me of why i went to de. I live 1200km away from brissie, it would cost me and dh about $1000 in petrol, flights and at least 3-4 days off to simply go to an appointment. u realised the travel and accom would add about $2k to any cycle we did. I also really liked and trusted my current fs and he is an expert in fertility and esp. endometriosis, which is my fertility problem. I started to realise that i honestly think, wazza and charlotte would probably say the same thing- that if i wanted a baby as quickly and as cheaply as possible, de would be the best choice. I also (how did i forget this???) can only really afford about 30k more on ivf over the next 5-7 years. I realised that if i spent that $ on own egg cycles, i would hvce no $ left to switch to de at a later date. I also started to think about how de might actually give me more than 1 child- omg! That was a dream i gave up on years ago. So ive just remembered all this -der! If cm or wazza had have said, try 2 or 3 more own egg cycles, i kinda would been disappointed because that eats into my de cycle money and could add years to the waiting and then how would i try for a second child. So, ive just answered my own question i think. Im so hoping that at age 36 with de and the plan to try 3 full stim cycles over the next 5 years, i think i might have a good chance of getting 1 or 2 bubs, sooner rather than later. Yes, i agree, if i thought my current australian fs was useless, i would have gone to get a second opinion but he wasnt hopeless, he was very good and i think in the depths of my despair, i was clutching at straws, looking for someone to blame. I know i havent done as many cycles as others with my own eggs but as i really no longer care about the donor aspect, why not just do it the easy way?. Im honestly very lucky. Im 36 so ive got time with de. Hubby has super sperm thank god. My lining is good. Aus and greek fs both say other than endometriosis causing poor egg quality, they can see no other reason why i should have any trouble falling pregnant. Oh and i also count all my trying naturally cycles and all my s h i t ivf eggs. So about 40 eggs tried but no implanted embies. Forgot about that too. Lol, cool- greece here i come :-) leaving on the 25th, be back on weekend 7th october :-)
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 19-09-2016 at 18:20.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (20-09-2016),Grace1  (19-09-2016),LillyM  (20-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keepontryin13 thankyou so much for your response. I'm so glad to hear you love Charlotte!! And congratulations on your pregnancy. x
    @ange1111 not long for your appointment and can't wait to hear how you went. x
    @LillyM December won't take long to come around. x

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grace1 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (20-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (19-09-2016),Keepontryin13  (19-09-2016),LillyM  (20-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Charlotte is amazing, seen her a few times when Wazza has been away. She is very thorough and as already mentioned he trained her in his ways. She has a fantastic bedside mammer and no question is silly. Book both and see how you go.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (19-09-2016),Grace1  (19-09-2016),LillyM  (20-09-2016),pingc383  (19-09-2016),Rosie8888  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @goegeousgeorge it's your week woooooooh

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosie8888 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (19-09-2016),Grace1  (19-09-2016),LillyM  (20-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyM View Post
    @Keepontryin13 thanks for taking the time to write about your experience.
    It gave me so much hope! Exactly the kind of things we need to read more often after multiple failed cycles...

I'm curious: what made the difference compared to all your previous cycles? Was is the protocol only? Or Did she find an issue that wasn't detected before?

12hrs trip!!! Wow.
    Can I ask you how many times in total you had to go and for how long? I have no idea how long is the very first appt for ex, and I'll have to organise flights and accommodation very soon...
    @ange1111 and @Grace1 - I have booked an appt with Charlotte on Dec (yes, around 3months wait at the moment) since I couldn't see Warren before July next year.

Charlotte is Warren's protégée. He trained her in the purpose of eventually replace him when he retires. Just the fact that he picked her gives her so much credit! At least imo.
    @ange1111 you're lucky, you're seeing her next week! How exciting!
    I can't wait to have your feedback!

But again, I read only good things about her before booking my appt with her

Really cannot wait to see her!
    @LillyM we did 7 cycles with Monash. I did read that other fertility clinics labs use different culture to grow their eggs etc but never really thought that could make the difference but it did for us. As soon as we swapped to QFG at the start of last year we saw a dramatic improvement in my egg quality. We were always told that it was egg quality and could never really get any to freeze let alone a good blastie. We now realise that I was on the wrong concoction of drugs and was being overstimulated a lot of the time therefore resulting in grainy looking crap eggs! Allot of time and money wasted there but many people have had good experiences with Monash just not us.....

I have Mild PCOS and DH has sperm issues. I'm 37 and DH is 41. Statistically going by my age I should fall pregnant every 3-4 cycles. When we moved to QFG last year I fell pregnant first cycle with 3rd FS. We couldn't believe our luck. But the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. Positives though....atleast I knew I could fall pregnant! We did another 2 cycles and an FET with him but no luck. He took me back to basics with a medium dose of gonal f and a few other run of the mill Ivf drugs. I also took a break for 6 months and lost around 15kg. When we moved to Charlotte she took a more aggressive approach and I was on a huge amount of drugs along with intralapids. DH was also on some vitamins for his sperm. I didn't loose any weight in fact my eating was crap leading up to the successful cycle....so who knows??

On day 11 of your cycle Charlotte likes to do that scan but we did baseline scans at home with the results being scanned to Charlotte. These scans take 15 mins or so....long way to go just for that! You will also need to go for egg pick up and 5 days later for transfer. So each cycle we had to travel 3 times. For the first scan I flew if flights were cheap.

Good on luck and let me know if you have any more questions!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (20-09-2016),Chyna  (20-09-2016),Grace1  (19-09-2016),LillyM  (20-09-2016)