+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much everyone. That is all very helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Thoughts, Opinions & Experiences on Water Births

I laboured for several hours in the bath with DS1 but birthed out of the bath (ob's policy or hospital policy .. Can't remember which).. I found the water to be amazing for pain relief.

I couldn't labour in the bath with DS2 because there was meconium present, and they wanted to have constant electronic monitoring which made it impossible to be in the bath.

My new OB has assured me that they have monitors that are wireless and waterproof now so even if I need constant monitoring, I can still labour in the bath, and this new hospital has water birthing suites so I'm going to try for it - 3rd time lucky I hope!

Good luck with your birth experience!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I tried the bath but surprisingly hated it! Laboured in the shower for most of it!

I will try the bath this time too though, if the facilities are there you may as well give them a go. Worst that'll happen is you won't like it and will get out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I laboured in the bath but I couldn't push effectively. As soon as I stood up to get out, I had a massive contraction and DS dropped right down, and he was born like two pushes later. I think I needed the gravity as he was posterior. I think I liked it to change things up but I wasn't a massive fan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I loved water for pain relief but I seem to hate it around the transition stage. I laboured in the bath for my third birth and shower for my second, I planned to use the bath again for my fourth but she was a fast birth and I hated everyone and everything so refused to move. Anyway, the bath was awesome for pain relief, I wasn't allowed to birth there due to hospital policy but I wouldn't have anyway as around the time of transition it started to annoy me and I wanted out. I cleverly thought I'd pretend make pushy noises so the midwife would 'let me' get out, turned out I did need to push and DD was born after a quick dash down the hallway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For pain relief I found it really effective, but I moved for pethidine. It was too late though, and DD was born 15 minutes later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are water births safe for babies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrita View Post
    Are water births safe for babies?
    Yes they are. I just had a water birth 2 weeks ago and my baby is perfect.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (08-09-2016),witherwings  (08-09-2016)