+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Thought I would share this for anyone unsure if the plebiscite (or apparently even the vague prospect of one) will actually produce gross advertising as I've said it will inevitably. This came in the mail today...Attachment 82522

Now imagine you're the child of a same sex couple, collecting the mail because that's your job, and you come across this?

Or even a young teen who thinks they may be gay...
    Protect our children? Maybe they could focus on the high levels of domestic violence in families in Australia and help protect the women this year who will be killed by their partners. Disgusting advertising and I'd hope most people who saw that would feel the same.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Protect our children? Maybe they could focus on the high levels of domestic violence in families in Australia and help protect the women this year who will be killed by their partners. Disgusting advertising and I'd hope most people who saw that would feel the same.
    Oh no. They can't do that. That would mean women leave marriage and seek divorce. And that's against the rules. They would rather put them in counselling (preferably with an only semi qualified pastor/priest as the counsellor) to 'save' the marriage. 😡

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    have a conscious vote - to have some faith in the members of parliament (apart from Pauline) that the people elected
    This made me laugh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Not only that, but if we are so concerned about protecting ou children, what about dealing correctly with child abuse and paedophilia in the catholic church, instead of covering it up? I say this as a christian who belongs to a church with very very strict and heeavily enforced child protection policies for anyone volunteering or working for the church, not just with children. If you truly want to 'protect the children', children of two loving parents, who happen to be in a same sex relationship should be the very very least concern! 😳 It is just such a waste. Imagine if the money spent on a plebicide and the related advertising could be spent dealing with domestic violence and child abuse instead. Much better to just grant marriage equality without the expense.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (15-07-2016),Gentoo  (15-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    *cough* Cory Bernardi.
    OK, fair point. Cory's a d!ck. But I promise you, the majority of the Liberal Party and their supporters are socially-decent. You like me, don't you JJ?

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    OK, fair point. Cory's a d!ck. But I promise you, the majority of the Liberal Party and their supporters are socially-decent. You like me, don't you JJ?

You know i *do* like you, @J37

You seem like a lovely socially left-leaning 'small L' liberal, and a generally sensible sort (aside from the Gary-from-Masterchef love, that is.)

It's not about individuals though, so much as party polices, and the conservative side of the party that's too often pandered to.

#notallliberals?

Some of my best friends are Liberals. I have no problem with them, just so long as they don't flaunt it in public or in front of the children. Lol. 😉

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

J37  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well this thread has prompted me to change my mind, and examine my thinking...Whilst I personally LOVE a vote/referendum/plebiscite, and love the idea of a free and liberal society, I get it...this issue is not an issue which needs public opinion. If a loving person wants to marry another loving person, then I can't see why not. I've never had an issue with gay marriage, but perhaps now that I am an old and wise 41-year-old, I see that it's not a debatable-topic. If it's based on love and respect, it's certainly not my business. And there are plenty of heterosexual marriages in which this is not the case.

BUT, I do maintain that Gary Mehigan is cute as a button

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (15-07-2016),VicPark  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps. But part of me wants to see the extreme-religious-right bury themselves. This is probably not a particularly mature thought.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (15-07-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What's not to love about you, J?

And I'm totally with you on Gary! 💕

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

J37  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just watching Pauline being interviewed by Sunrise...Geez it's painful to watch. I'm embarrassed for her!!!