+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Election 2016

I get more and more disillusioned every election. Just once it would be nice to hear positive policies from each party, but all we get is mud slinging at how bad the others are. I'm so sick of the negative propaganda! I have no respect for either Shorten or Turnbull. I used to like Turnbull, but he's been such a disappointment. I actually think the Libs need to break in two - have the "Progressive" liberals and the "Stuck in the Dark Ages" liberals. I don't get how he can go back on all his personal beliefs.

I am seriously considering a donkey vote with a long essay on what I think is wrong with our choices. The only pollie I still like is Xenephon! At least he says what he thinks and follows it through. The rest of them just lie and evade.

And I seriously hope Abbott gets booted. I've seen some interviews from James Matheson, and hopefully he will get some votes. He actually seems to care, unlike Tones.
    Last edited by Californication; 30-06-2016 at 10:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know people say they have a safe seat so their vote doesn't mean anything, but I'm so glad we had an independent dark horse last election come and just squeeze past the liberal member who thought she had a safe seat. She has had a great few years, the liberal are running the same person as lost and gosh I'm hoping she doesn't get back in. Judging by the comments on the local newspaper fb posts she will have a hard fight. All the stuff that is going around is attacking the independent not giving us any real policies and I'm sick of it.

As for the senate I don't know. I'm not happy with either major political party. I worry for the future of Australia and what we are doing for our children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I wish we had the likes of Bernie Sanders running here. Someone like that would get my vote hands down.
    I am a complete Bernie fan girl myself. Such a shame he's out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    You know how every election the political parties cram your mail box full of "Vote For Us" propaganda?

Well, this year we've not had a single piece sent to us. Not. One.

Is this happening everywhere, or is it just because now that we've moved to a small town (less than 4,000 residents) they simply overlooked us?

I would hate to think that as I now live in an area where there happens to be high unemployment and high numbers of people on welfare that we are not considered knowledgeable enough to make informed choices......
    I have had loads of material posted and delivered in mail box and so has my husband. But my seat is very marginal. One of the closest, if not the closest seat in the last election that took days to know the outcome.

I think it depends on where you live and if the seat you live in is marginal.

I'd hazard a guess and say that because you live rurally, your seat is most likely national or some sort of country party that has a huge majority and no chance of any other party winning the seat.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-06-2016)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I hate them all.

so hard ... I was so looking forward to Malcom Turnbull taking over as I think (thought) he was great ... but he has been a huge disappointment.

grr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are in a extra safe LNP seat here too

Anyway in House of Reps I'll vote Greens, Labour then the others in order of who I dislike the least with Family First coming in last.

Senate I vote under the line and I'm still working out my order. But it will be minor parties and Greens first and then the Christian, LNP and right leaning parties at the end.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    You know how every election the political parties cram your mail box full of "Vote For Us" propaganda?

Well, this year we've not had a single piece sent to us. Not. One.

Is this happening everywhere, or is it just because now that we've moved to a small town (less than 4,000 residents) they simply overlooked us?

I would hate to think that as I now live in an area where there happens to be high unemployment and high numbers of people on welfare that we are not considered knowledgeable enough to make informed choices......
    We said that the other night, and it all arrived in the mail yesterday

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPoms View Post
    Senate I vote under the line and I'm still working out my order. But it will be minor parties and Greens first and then the Christian, LNP and right leaning parties at the end.
    PomPoms did you know that if you vote below the line this year you only need to number a minimum of 12 preferences. Your vote will be exhausted once your last preference is reached.

I've always numbered every box under the line and have had hard time deciding which nutcase should go last. This year I will stop numbering when I have preferenced everyone I actually want to get in.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Greens all the way for me. Currently doing a lot more research as I normally vote backwards starting with Liberal last... but now need to go in really prepared with my top choices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a Kiwi I can't vote :-( I despise politics anyway. I wish we could vote on policies as well as parties and then the people elected work together to make it happen. They get paid enough to make it work.

I pi$$es me off that tax payer money is spent on advertising that childishly bags out the other party without specifying what the policies are! Just develop a propectus type book with EVERYTHING in it and have them delivered to every home so people can make a truly informed choice (which is wasted because it's mostly lies anyway). So many people go in not knowing a single party policy.

Too much money is wasted on commercials, travel and lunches.

I haven't received a single pamphlet in the mail.