+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    The reason Hanson got in is bc not only did she get the usual bogan vote, I suspect she's got the religious one. Bc it's more than ok to take a Muslim's rights, to try to extinguish their religious freedoms but anyone dares even criticise the very Christians demanding these changes and they are screeching persecution and whining about how their beliefs aren't respected.
    Big call to assume all Christians feel this way. Couldn't be further from the truth for me and my circle of Christian friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    Big call to assume all Christians feel this way. Couldn't be further from the truth for me and my circle of Christian friends.
    I think she was referring to the Christians demanding the changes (PH supporters), not all Christians.

The vast majority of people, whatever religion they may be, are accepting and peaceful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She didn't say anywhere she thought all Christians felt this way. At all. Time might be better spent having decent Christians call out the ones that ARE like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    She didn't say anywhere she thought all Christians felt this way. At all. Time might be better spent having decent Christians call out the ones that ARE like that.
    You don't think we do this???

Thanks
    Reviews
    You don't think we do this???
    Relax, you're really taking things the wrong way and seeing personal attacks where there are none.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I never said all Christians. I mean the ones who love Hanson bc she supports their bigoted views. I should have worded it better. I know lots of Christians who support same sex marriage and treat others as they want to be treated.

But you have to admit there are a segment, particularly the older and fundamentalist sub sections that are homophobic and anti Muslim but expect others to respect their religious beliefs without question.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    Relax, you're really taking things the wrong way and seeing personal attacks where there are none.
    You just said, time might be better spent with Christians who don't feel that way calling out those who do. I merely wanted to let you know that this actually happens a lot. I'm not one to stand around with my arms folded. I'm not taking anything personally, but feel the need to suggest that many, many Christians find Pauline Hanson and all that she stands for to be utterly abhorrent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I never said all Christians. I mean the ones who love Hanson bc she supports their bigoted views. I should have worded it better. I know lots of Christians who support same sex marriage and treat others as they want to be treated.

But you have to admit there are a segment, particularly the older and fundamentalist sub sections that are homophobic and anti Muslim but expect others to respect their religious beliefs without question.
    Of course there are. It is important to delineate though. That segment of the church make my blood boil and they in no way represent the entire body of the church.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You just said, time might be better spent with Christians who don't feel that way calling out those who do. I merely wanted to let you know that this actually happens a lot. I'm not one to stand around with my arms folded. I'm not taking anything personally, but feel the need to suggest that many, many Christians find Pauline Hanson and all that she stands for to be utterly abhorrent.
    Everyone already knows this. I wasn't saying that you don't call out the bad ones. Just that people are aware there are decent Christians and plenty of them anyway. People are frustrated with the ones that are terrible and if you don't fit into that category then you are not one of the ones people are criticizing. That's why I said time is better spent calling out bad ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those Antony Green fans out there, I found this amusing:

http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/article...unting-himself