+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 628
  1. #401
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,418
    Thanks
    510
    Thanked
    1,065
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    The reason Hanson got in is bc not only did she get the usual bogan vote, I suspect she's got the religious one. Bc it's more than ok to take a Muslim's rights, to try to extinguish their religious freedoms but anyone dares even criticise the very Christians demanding these changes and they are screeching persecution and whining about how their beliefs aren't respected.
    Big call to assume all Christians feel this way. Couldn't be further from the truth for me and my circle of Christian friends.

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,055
    Thanks
    2,306
    Thanked
    1,387
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    Big call to assume all Christians feel this way. Couldn't be further from the truth for me and my circle of Christian friends.
    I think she was referring to the Christians demanding the changes (PH supporters), not all Christians.

    The vast majority of people, whatever religion they may be, are accepting and peaceful.

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked
    582
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    Big call to assume all Christians feel this way. Couldn't be further from the truth for me and my circle of Christian friends.
    She didn't say anywhere she thought all Christians felt this way. At all. Time might be better spent having decent Christians call out the ones that ARE like that.

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,418
    Thanks
    510
    Thanked
    1,065
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    She didn't say anywhere she thought all Christians felt this way. At all. Time might be better spent having decent Christians call out the ones that ARE like that.
    You don't think we do this???

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked
    582
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    You don't think we do this???
    Relax, you're really taking things the wrong way and seeing personal attacks where there are none.

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,848
    Thanks
    6,200
    Thanked
    16,892
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    Big call to assume all Christians feel this way. Couldn't be further from the truth for me and my circle of Christian friends.
    I never said all Christians. I mean the ones who love Hanson bc she supports their bigoted views. I should have worded it better. I know lots of Christians who support same sex marriage and treat others as they want to be treated.

    But you have to admit there are a segment, particularly the older and fundamentalist sub sections that are homophobic and anti Muslim but expect others to respect their religious beliefs without question.

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,418
    Thanks
    510
    Thanked
    1,065
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    Relax, you're really taking things the wrong way and seeing personal attacks where there are none.
    You just said, time might be better spent with Christians who don't feel that way calling out those who do. I merely wanted to let you know that this actually happens a lot. I'm not one to stand around with my arms folded. I'm not taking anything personally, but feel the need to suggest that many, many Christians find Pauline Hanson and all that she stands for to be utterly abhorrent.

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,418
    Thanks
    510
    Thanked
    1,065
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I never said all Christians. I mean the ones who love Hanson bc she supports their bigoted views. I should have worded it better. I know lots of Christians who support same sex marriage and treat others as they want to be treated.

    But you have to admit there are a segment, particularly the older and fundamentalist sub sections that are homophobic and anti Muslim but expect others to respect their religious beliefs without question.
    Of course there are. It is important to delineate though. That segment of the church make my blood boil and they in no way represent the entire body of the church.

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked
    582
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    You just said, time might be better spent with Christians who don't feel that way calling out those who do. I merely wanted to let you know that this actually happens a lot. I'm not one to stand around with my arms folded. I'm not taking anything personally, but feel the need to suggest that many, many Christians find Pauline Hanson and all that she stands for to be utterly abhorrent.
    Everyone already knows this. I wasn't saying that you don't call out the bad ones. Just that people are aware there are decent Christians and plenty of them anyway. People are frustrated with the ones that are terrible and if you don't fit into that category then you are not one of the ones people are criticizing. That's why I said time is better spent calling out bad ones.

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,969
    Thanks
    3,594
    Thanked
    892
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For those Antony Green fans out there, I found this amusing:

    http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/article...unting-himself


 

Similar Threads

  1. 2016 Election thread
    By atomicmama in forum General Election Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-05-2016, 10:44
  2. May 2016 TTC 💕
    By Catrb092 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 409
    Last Post: 14-05-2016, 07:31
  3. IVF/FET Jan Feb 2016 #2
    By Kookii in forum IVF
    Replies: 545
    Last Post: 27-04-2016, 10:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Little Rugby NSW
Catch, weave, chase, run, but most of all have FUN! Little Rugby runs a NSW network of fun, safe and non-contact footy classes for BOYS and GIRLS aged 2yrs – 7th birthday.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!