+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    ANYWAY, this year I am finding it harder than most. I am in Peter Dutton's electorate. My opinion on hom - douche who had done nothing for his electorate in years. Sick of him yammering.
    Well hello neighbour.

I could never in all good conscience vote for Peter Dutton either. I've heard a lot about him from those who have had personal dealings with him prior to his political career and none of it was positive.

I didn't want to preference Labor second, but it is a case they are the best of a bad bunch. Can't say the Liberal Democrats do much for me, the independent is an unknown and I can't remember who else is on the ballot paper.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 30-06-2016 at 08:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    Greens/Labour.
    2. Policies on climate change - Liberals don't seem to give a ****, but we need to do something, anything, because this is the entire future of humanity being affected, not just our temporary lives.
    3. Marriage equality - this is just a no-brainer, change the damn laws already.
    On your point 2, I don't understand the popularity of the LNP in rural areas. I can't say I've ever seen any evidence of the LNP actually doing anything to help them. Farmers are very vulnerable to climate change, yet the LNP deny it even exists and have NO policy on moving towards renewable energy. At least Labor have some policy and targets in that area.

On your point 3, I don't understand why it is such a hot topic. Just pass the legislation and be done with it. It distracts attention from real issues. I had a work colleague tell me that the LNP have budgeted $160 million has been put aside for advertising the plebiscite (read homophobic campaign). It makes me ill to think what that good that money could be put towards instead it will be wasted on chopping down trees and TV ads.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Californication  (30-06-2016),deku  (30-06-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post

On your point 3, I don't understand why it is such a hot topic. Just pass the legislation and be done with it. It distracts attention from real issues. I had a work colleague tell me that the LNP have budgeted $160 million has been put aside for advertising the plebiscite (read homophobic campaign). It makes me ill to think what that good that money could be put towards instead it will be wasted on chopping down trees and TV ads.
    100%. I'm just grateful DS won't be old enough to understand what it all means.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm frankly embarrassed the topic of marriage equality is even still happening. Like SS I just want it passed. I'm over the Libs placing their own conservative bias on this topic. The people want marriage equality, pass the legislation ffs and give everyone the right to marry who they love.

And I feel the same about how uninspired the major parties are. As a long term labor voter I'm so disappointed in the lack of real policy. And Turnbull is worse than Shorten on this. Abbott was a complete lunatic, but Turnbull.... what has he done? At least Abbott had the strength to stand behind his convictions and create policy, even if it was appalling.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (30-06-2016),atomicmama  (30-06-2016),Blossom74  (30-06-2016),Californication  (30-06-2016),Frankenmum  (30-06-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (30-06-2016),Moxy  (30-06-2016),Ngaiz  (30-06-2016),Tiny Dancer  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    So so true. It's going to be awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoever you vote for (and sorry for the caps, but i don't want anyone to miss it)

NUMBER EVERY SQUARE FOR HOUSE OF REPS (green ballot paper) and

NUMBER AT LEAST 6 ABOVE THE LINE IN THE SENATE - or - AT LEAST 12 BELOW THE LINE (white ballot paper).

Make sure your vote counts ☺

For my two cents, given the common interest of lots of people of BH, i think Labor and the Greens will be a much better bet to ensure good PPL and child care support.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    On your point 2, I don't understand the popularity of the LNP in rural areas. I can't say I've ever seen any evidence of the LNP actually doing anything to help them. Farmers are very vulnerable to climate change, yet the LNP deny it even exists and have NO policy on moving towards renewable energy. At least Labor have some policy and targets in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Right?? Ugh this is all I can respond with regards to politics right now:

(and also for some!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Election 2016

Another postal voter here.

I am very disillusioned here. We are in one of the safest labor seats in the country - honestly the labor candidate could be a giant cardboard cutout and they would still win- so we get no attention or no promises as neither of the major parties bother as it's already a done deal. So i just filled it out with ABCDEF lol. Because my vote doesn't make a difference.

The senate vote was a bit of a laugh.

I do hope labor win but it's a bit of a muchness this time. I used to be political but now I'm quite apathetic. So disappointed in Turnbull.

Eta: and like everyone else I think they should legislate same sex marriage and be done with it. Stop wasting time and money, they can't prevent it forever.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 30-06-2016 at 09:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    Whilst the greens do have some good policies they also have some very destructive policies too and I could never vote for them based on that. Have been looking at the smaller new parties and independents this year though. I live in the safest LNP seat in aus so my vote doesn't really count.
    Maybe in the house of reps it doesn't count but your senate one does!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    The first and most important thing... my local polling place (primary school) has no sausage sizzle registered. They have been terrible and had NOTHING the last few years for council/state/federal elections. There is a website to check sausage sizzles.

ANYWAY, this year I am finding it harder than most. I am in Peter Dutton's electorate. My opinion on hom - douche who had done nothing for his electorate in years. Sick of him yammering.

The Greens candidate went for the last council election recently lol.

Anyway, vote compass has me between Labor and Greens.

And the douche will hopefully get voted out. Douche.

Anyone have any strategies on how to vote calmly with a 3yo and 12 week old? Seeming as the senate voting sheet is also ridiculously huge.
    Decide who you want to vote for before Saturday so it is quick once you're in there. The senate is now at least 6 above the line or 12 below the line.