+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't look at the raw meat without wanting to puke.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VioletSkies View Post
    Make you own copy cat burger, I know it's not the same though 😂
    I do this now! Homemade burger patty, pickles, onions and cheese with some mustard, mayo and tomato relish on a delicious Turkish or sourdough roll ☺️ Ok that's it, burgers for dinner tonight haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Well this makes me feel better about me eating it.
    Unfortunately, I've got 19 month old DS, he who must eat whatever mummy is eating, with me at all times. I don't much like the idea of him eating it. Hmmm.... what to do, what to do...
    Haha I was like this with my second pregnancy and my DS had hit that stage so I would go through the drive through on the way home then when we got home make him a peanut butter sandwich and let him eat it on the fold out couch in the lounge room. He was so amazed he was allowed to eat in the lounge room in front of the tv he would leave me alone to eat my burger in peace.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's all about the carbs and fat with burgers. I craved them big time in my first pregnancy (and ate them a few times). To be honest, no I don't think fast food is great for pregnant mummas. Obviously it's up to you to make the decision. From a health perspective, a trustworthy local corner shop or a really quality chain like Grill'd or equivalant is going to be better for you and the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Yes Yes. I spent the entire 1st craving beef burgers. And I was a pescetarian prior to that. I thought perhaps it was my body telling me to up my iron?

The fact that I had food aversions to 99% of foods I just went with it and thought at least I'm getting something down!

I'm a few weeks into the 2nd trimester now and I'm back to eating healthy and then some, never particularly enjoyed fruit but now I get about 4 serves a day. so I say why not enjoy the junk food phase while it lasts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    I think it's all about the carbs and fat with burgers. I craved them big time in my first pregnancy (and ate them a few times). To be honest, no I don't think fast food is great for pregnant mummas. Obviously it's up to you to make the decision. From a health perspective, a trustworthy local corner shop or a really quality chain like Grill'd or equivalant is going to be better for you and the baby.
    I've just found out about the local burger place that is supposed to be THE burger place to go. We don't have Grill'd out here. But I'm going to try out the burger place this weekend!