+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Craving burgers!!

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and craving fast food burgers big time. I had one 2 days ago. Now I want one again. I'm trying to be healthier but damn I want it!!

Should I try control myself or is it ok to have McDonald's maybe 2 or 3 meals a week? My food eating other than that is healthy..
    Someone tell me it's ok!! Ahhh.
    I don't really eat lollies or choc anymore it's just fat and fizzy drinks that I want

Thanks
    Reviews
    I basically lived off Big Macs when I was pregnant... I had such a shocking diet honestly I feel quite terrible. I don't see the harm in a couple times a week but I wouldn't go crazy like I did haha. Enjoy that burger dammit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I craved burgers big time with both pregnancies. I allowed myself 1 a week and damn they hit the spot! The cravings tapered off after about the 12 week mark so my diet improved dramatically after that. 22 weeks now & don't feel like eating a lot of meat anymore. So I don't think a couple of times a week would hurt! Maybe if your craving continue after a month of 2 you could look at cutting back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just butting in with a warning - my SIL is 24 weeks and also craving burgers but it seems the "trend" is to serve medium rare burgers so when we went for out for dinner Saturday night she ordered a beef burger at a cafe and it was served medium rare - this is a big no no not just for everyone but especially pregnant women as bugs can still live in the mince if not cooked all the way through - so just make sure you all say well done meat please when ordering your burgers!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Aleethee  (30-06-2016),kim85  (30-06-2016),rosey82  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had my burger.. Oh so satisfied. Hope that lasts more than 2 days again!!
    Thanks for the tip on cooking it thoroughly. I didn't think to ask as I would assume they would.. Thanks

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

Aleethee  (30-06-2016),rosey82  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread has made me want a burger....

Thanks
    Reviews
    From weeks 7-10 nothing satisfied my hunger better than a basic McDonald's hamburger, Nandos chips and cheese toasties! It's the time of your pregnancy where your body is adjusting to HCG and I think you just need to eat what you feel like eating. Once you're into your second trimester, you can correct any bad eating by incorporating more high fibre foods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I craved cheeseburgers from Maccas with my second pregnancy. It stopped in my second trimester thank goodness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsVZ View Post
    From weeks 7-10 nothing satisfied my hunger better than a basic McDonald's hamburger, Nandos chips and cheese toasties! It's the time of your pregnancy where your body is adjusting to HCG and I think you just need to eat what you feel like eating. Once you're into your second trimester, you can correct any bad eating by incorporating more high fibre foods.
    Well this makes me feel better about me eating it. 😂😂😂
    Unfortunately, I've got 19 month old DS, he who must eat whatever mummy is eating, with me at all times. I don't much like the idea of him eating it. Hmmm.... what to do, what to do...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make you own copy cat burger, I know it's not the same though 😂