Concerns about my 4 year old's behaviour at preschool | Page 4 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KarinaJayne View Post
    I feel exactly the same way.. I emailed them and told them my feelings straight out and said that I dread picking him up and worry about his day everytime he goes because I only hear bad things, I requested a meeting with them to discuss what I can do to help at home and to discuss their concerns in detail, and so they can hear me out also. The teacher approached me this morning and said they received the email and we can have a meeting tomorrow. While I would've preferred they initiated this action atleast I should be able to understand what's going on better. They are not good at communication with parents! Atleast not with me. Maybe I am unapproachable lol
    I doubt you're unapproachable

Good luck with the meeting, let us know how you go.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

KarinaJayne  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I'm sorry but to imply your daughter listens better because she is a girl is a load of crap. I have 3 boys and I can tell you 2 of them listen better than my niece. What a ridiculous generalisation.
    I agree. What a load of bs. I have 3 boys and they listen just fine, my nieces on the other hand....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarinaJayne View Post
    He was assessed by a OT student! All I was told about it was that he's going to be assessed and they handed me the report without comments about what it says.

Wow more than 2 replies talked about moving him elsewhere, to be honest I would but it's just hard and too late with school starting in 2 terms but like another mentioned they should be celebrating or at the very least informing me of achievements!
    I don't think the answer is to move him. With all the years a child has at school there is bound to be issues with either other children or teachers. I don't think moving a child from school to school when there is a problem is the answer. You need to stand your ground and deal with things that arise, try and sort through those issues and just think that next year is a new year, new teacher. I would only move my children if it was absolutely necessary.
    A teacher a few years ago had me very stressed and in tears indicating ds had issues and raising concerns because he wasn't up to speed with maths and reading when in actual fact the level she was teaching wasn't in the curriculum for pre primary. I had ds assessed with the OT and he was fine, he just hadn't developed to his full potential yet and with the other bs she was indicating I switched off, decided I wasn't going to worry anymore and rode the year out. By the middle of year 1 the following year he was above average with everything and has remained that way. Then last year ds2 had a teacher for kindy who wasn't an early learning teacher. She was an unhappy person generally and definately not suited to being a teacher of that year and going into that kindy class was like walking into a morgue. She lacked experience, communication skills and enthusiasm and I didn't feel ds was where he should have been by the end of last year, many parents felt the same with their children. Couldn't wait for the year to be over. This year his teacher is happy and enthusiastic and it shows in ds2 and the classroom, such a huge difference and he has come so far.