+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Conflicting HPT results *confused*

Hi, ladies,

I'm feeling a little down and confused right now and was wondering if anyone had any ideas to what might be going on here with me.

So, I've been tracking my cycle this month and I think I ovulated on the 9th of June, a bit eariler than expected. It should of been around the 12th. This is my first cycle without the implanon device in though so thought maybe it could be down to that.

I started to develop what I assumed were just PMS symptoms around the 13th of June. But I did two HPT's on the 15th. BOTH came up positive within a couple of minutes. I've had a miscarriage and a chemical pregnancy previously and they were even darker lines than what I had with them! I didn't want to get excited though because of my miscarriage and chemical pregnancy so I made myself wait until my period was due to do another HPT. I tested yesterday and this morning and they were BFN. Yet, I'm still three days late for my period and what I attributed to PMS, well all those symptoms have increased or become more pronouced as well, especially the tender/sore/sensitive breasts.

I don't really know what to make of it. Was it just another chemical? But if so, why am I late for my period and having symptoms? I'm just so confused 😞 If anyone has any suggestions/advice/ideas on what might be happening with me then I'd really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks in advance ☺

Butterfly Miracles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think your best bet would be to head to the doctors and get some blood work if AF is still so late. I would also think that testing on the 15th would be too early to pick up a pregnancy, did you use the same brand test? Or was it 2 different brands? And did the positive come up within the time frame? Must be tough hanging to be pregnant and getting messed around like this

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly Miracles  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, thank you for your reply ☺

I too thought it wouldn't have picked up any pregnancy at such an early stage but I don't know now. The two tests on the 15th were different brands. One was First Response and the other was a cheap Forelife test. Yes, both tests came up positive pretty much straight away. I didn't have to wait the full three minutes with the First response!

I'm heading to the doctors tomorrow for something else so I'll make sure to mention it to her while I'm there and see what she says.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a chem once (we think) and my AF was late because my progesterone rose to over 100 to support the pregnancy that didn't eventuate. It could be that your progesterone started to rise for the same reason and that's why AF is late. I got my AF about a week after it was due and even then it was not normal as it only lasted one day.

Hope the dr helps to clear it up for you! All the best!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    For a strong positive on the 15th you would have had to have ovulated much earlier than the 12th. More like the 1st. It would still be dividing and not implanted yet to release HCG.

I hope you get some answers soon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is this a positive...?

Thank you ladies ☺ I spoke to the doctor but she was of the opinion that I couldn't be pregnant and my cycle is probably a bit messed up from the implanon. I just rolled with that considering the negative HPTs. However my period is now a week late excatly and my boobs are so sore and I've been so tired and moody the last few days! So, I decided to do another HPT anyway and I thought I could see the faintest of lines at 10 minutes but just disregarded it as you really had to squint and it was thin. I looked at it again several hours later and there was a clear, blue but still thin line sitting there...what?! I am so confused now! I know you are technically not suppossed to read results outside of the 10 minute mark but considering it's so blue and there was something there previously, do you think it could still be an evaporation line? Especially considering it's not as thick as it should be?

I did two more today and they were strange. Within 3 minutes, blue lines appeared on them both, definitely blue, just like yesterday's. But then, the weird part was after about 8-10 minutes they faded away and I have to squint/hold them in the right light to see them now.

I don't know what to make of all this 😢 Help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is a picture of the first one I did yesterday:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen this happen before with this test. Because its not a full line and only the side of the line i believe it's faulty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To me that looks like a very clear positive. I would go back to the gp and insist on a blood test. Good luck. Xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    It looks like a clear positive to me too. I agree with pp, get a bt and/or try another hpt brand (eg. First response early result).

Eta. With hpts, a line is a line if you see it within time. They can fade/change colour/size as they dry so that's why you should read the test while fresh.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post: