+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby wearers - second hand wraps

(Off topic sorry) What carriers do people like for their toddlers? My almost 2 year old has decided she wants "uppies" because baby gets them. But she won't stay still for me to ruck her. I'd like to try an onbu, but I'm not sure what carriers my local group has.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad84 View Post
    (Off topic sorry) What carriers do people like for their toddlers? My almost 2 year old has decided she wants "uppies" because baby gets them. But she won't stay still for me to ruck her. I'd like to try an onbu, but I'm not sure what carriers my local group has.
    I've got a Lenny Lamb toddler size SSC in colours of love (green/pink can't remember the exact name) and I love it so much! It's a wrap conversion SSC so really soft. Heaps of room still for Petite 2 year old DD so I reckon we'll be able to use it for a while yet. Quicker than wrapping for a fussy toddler!
    Fidella do Onbus which look beautiful, but I kind of feel the onbu thing is a bit of a fad at the moment? I still prefer a SSC for better weight distribution - with an onbu all the weight is on your shoulders.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1467202109.613988.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Mad84  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's super easy to make your own hug-a-bub style stretchy wrap, no sewing required.

I got the fabric on clearance at spotlight and the width means you can make 2 wraps out of one length. So mine worked out to about $10 each.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @rosey82 that looks comfy for your toddler! I guess the reason I was wondering about the onbu was I thought it would be easier to change between DH and me, less straps to adjust. How does your Lenny lamb go for that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    You ladies have pretty much covered it all. Yay for babywearing!!!! It certainly is an addiction that I need to curb...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoghurt View Post
    Thank you all so much!! Ive looked at the brands you've all suggested and i am feeling very relieved! I didn't realise what i was looking at before were fancy pants limited editions, so they were like $600. I thought it just didn't seem right.
    I've seen quite a few beautiful wraps MUCH cheaper now. 😊
    Im thinking of starting with a hug a bub cos they look quite simple and squishy and then trying some of the others suggested.
    Thank you all again so much. I clearly have a lot to learn about it all
    Just an aside - hug a bub went into administration recently. There are other stretchy wraps that are good.

I have a 'boba' brand wrap (stretchy one). DD is over 6kg and it is still really good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad84 View Post
    Thanks @rosey82 that looks comfy for your toddler! I guess the reason I was wondering about the onbu was I thought it would be easier to change between DH and me, less straps to adjust. How does your Lenny lamb go for that?
    It's really easy, pretty much just have to extend the waist strap as I loosen off the shoulder straps to get her off my back anyway. Plus DH will only wear her if I set it all up and lift her on to his back so I adjust everything anyway!
    I'd love to try an onbu too, just too see what they are like.
    What about a mei Tei? No adjustment between wearers. The Fidella fly tei's are pretty generous in size.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Mad84  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    One thing to add is that different carriers suit diff people and babies so don't get disheartened and put off if the first one you try doesn't seem to work for you. For example I never got on with stretchy wraps and preferred a ring sling or buckled carrier for a newborn but now my baby is getting to heavy for front carries I'm really enjoying using a woven wrap. That's why starting with cheap ones is good or getting a good deal on one with good resale value so you don't lose much if you don't like it and want to try something different.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

Mad84  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoghurt View Post
    Actually I see @rosey82 has said 3 months or so.
    I figured it might be a good cheapie to practice with in early dayss before getting any more 😊
    Ive seen quite a few under $50
    Stretches aren't great to practice with, there are only 2 ways to tie them and you tie them before you put bibs in so it's quite different.